Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

"The online opinion just can't be taken seriously" - dude on twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

I must've missed when "something new" started to mean "did the same thing with Cena in New Orleans a few years ago"

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Absolutely love when a guy with like 100 followers drops a “I’ve been saying this.”

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Jonny Nox posted:

It's a Pam parasocial thing I think.

the "I must defend Pam's honor!!" people are some of the weirdest folks

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Jonny Nox posted:

People have been the gross kind of mad about Tay and Sammy for about as long as they've been public.

The bad parts of twitter (ie twitter) hate Tay.

Is anyone actually enjoying Sammy and Tay talking about how much they gently caress each other all the time?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

jackofarcades posted:

Is anyone actually enjoying Sammy and Tay talking about how much they gently caress each other all the time?

Yeah its funny

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tay is a vlogwrecker

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Alaois posted:

Yeah its funny

I'm glad they're happy and I like that they talk mad poo poo to haters

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

jackofarcades posted:

Yes. If I were either of them that's all I'd talk about too.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1506805497436860418?t=oXTAVam995Fi1_-6-zXFEA&s=19

I'm putting a pin in this so we can point to it in a few months.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/ThisIsNasty/status/1506805497436860418?t=oXTAVam995Fi1_-6-zXFEA&s=19

(that was admittedly a jokish addition from him, but it got me)

Kennel fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Mar 25, 2022

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lid posted:

lmao he's losing both audiences, AEW fans hate him for obvious reasons and WWE fans are turning on him for saying that WWE needs to sign AEW stars

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

jackofarcades posted:

Sex owns yeah

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

jackofarcades posted:

It was very funny when all the heels freaked out on Wednesday.

Also lol

https://twitter.com/SatFlora/status/1507015847914602498

Had not seen a soul talking about how Madcap Moss was the future of the company until one of the Satin/Dangoor types said he and Theory were young pushed stars and now it's popping up as a talking point more and more.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Mar 25, 2022

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ridge Holland might injure enough people to be a top star by sheer attrition eventually.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Lid posted:

why would WWE need to rebuild, they – according to delimeats here – were doing splendidly, right?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Even after the cuts isn’t their roster still huge?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

When I think top of the industry, I think Madcap Moss.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Recently created WWE stars Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Not really fair to call Austin Theory a star. He may be a household name, but that's because he has to introduce himself to everyone in the neighborhood when he moves.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

tao of lmao posted:

Even after the cuts isn’t their roster still huge?

They had to bring in tons of old names and part timers and celebrities for the Rumble and they're currently struggling to fill two full nights of what is supposed to be their flagship PPV

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Elephant Ambush posted:

They had to bring in tons of old names and part timers and celebrities for the Rumble and they're currently struggling to fill two full nights of what is supposed to be their flagship PPV

I don't think they are struggling to fill two nights or even expected to fill both nights. One night Wrestlemanias don't even always sell out. 50,000+ on both nights with one night already above 60,000 tickets out is very good.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Looks like WWE fans heard the rumors Bret is coming to AEW

https://twitter.com/hiddengemmy/status/1507273692899803141

https://twitter.com/hiddengemmy/status/1507275229315284992

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
#that

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

tbf that's less a headcount thing and more a "we've made our entire roster look like losers" thing. Couldn't put Cesaro, Nakamura, or Balor in the Rumble because who could possibly care. Gotta have Shane, though.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

When I think top of the industry, I think Madcap Moss.

Madcap Moss is 2 years older than AEW champ Adam Page and has been working with the WWE for more than 8 years, which coincidentally is how much older he is than Jungle Boy

"Young" stars

Edit: he's the same age as Nick Jackson, lol

Sega 32X fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 25, 2022

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/notsam/status/1507394228762165253

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

What random comparisons. The Blue Meanie is my Dale Earnhardt Sr

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

when I think of Bret Hart i definitely think of a guy who didn't give a gently caress about his body and just naturally crushed it because he was uniquely talented

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Fresh Lucc just dropped.

https://twitter.com/SeanCarlucci/status/1507426929854529573

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Alaois posted:

when I think of Bret Hart i definitely think of a guy who didn't give a gently caress about his body and just naturally crushed it because he was uniquely talented

Eddie kingston is the babe confirmed.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

tao of lmao posted:

Eddie kingston is the babe confirmed.

What babe?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Venomous posted:

What babe?

the babe with the power

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

the babe with the power

What power?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Babe Ruth… a great power hitter in baseballs history and a Yankee as well

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

jackofarcades posted:

That's not what they're doing on AEW television though. A lot of fans just have the inability to separate TV, social media, and real life from each other. It's also an angle that was very obviously intended for Cody & Brandi before they hosed off, so the tweener vibes were always going to happen anyway.

Alaois posted:

lmao he's losing both audiences, AEW fans hate him for obvious reasons and WWE fans are turning on him for saying that WWE needs to sign AEW stars
My favorite part is that he thinks pushing Cody to main event level somehow counts as WWE building new stars. I think DrewMac leaving, making a name for himself in Impact, and then returning at champion level broke their brains a bit.

Speaking of Impact, it's also really telling that none of them bitch about Impact when an ex-WWE talent shows up there. If there are WWE stans complaining that Impact actually made Big Cass watchable, I haven't seen them.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

TV Zombie posted:

Babe Ruth… a great power hitter in baseballs history and a Yankee as well

who do

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

Speaking of Impact, it's also really telling that none of them bitch about Impact when an ex-WWE talent shows up there. If there are WWE stans complaining that Impact actually made Big Cass watchable, I haven't seen them.

It's probably more indicative of Impact's profile in wrestling right now. It's, I'm told, churning out a decent product but it struggles to get 150K people watching most weeks and still kinda feels like a black hole. The WWE stans are mad at AEW because it basically emerged as the #2 company from launch, and Impact has been going for almost 2 decades and you'd never know it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's probably more indicative of Impact's profile in wrestling right now. It's, I'm told, churning out a decent product but it struggles to get 150K people watching most weeks and still kinda feels like a black hole. The WWE stans are mad at AEW because it basically emerged as the #2 company from launch, and Impact has been going for almost 2 decades and you'd never know it.

I'd probably watch Impact more if I could ever remember when and where it airs. The commentary team was a big blocker for me because it was just so bad, but I know that's been revamped lately. Still have no idea when their shows are on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

I'd probably watch Impact more if I could ever remember when and where it airs. The commentary team was a big blocker for me because it was just so bad, but I know that's been revamped lately. Still have no idea when their shows are on.

I used to catch it randomly on Thursday nights on Twitch, not sure if they're still doing that.