Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you like batman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

hell yeah man

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

sorry dont think you were talking to me

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Some would rather call him, The Badman. But that’s not for me to decide.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

i liked robert pattinson, did a good job of playing how hosed up the batman actually would be, in the head

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i liked the one where batman is the joker.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

You every seen that what if about Alfred being the joker

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yeeeah i like the one where alfred is the joker.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Film Theory: Is Suicide Squad's Joker ACTUALLY Batman's Boy Wonder?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

alfred to jason todd when the sterling silver has gone missing: "filthy little Robinsens, whats it gots in its pockets?"

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
today was apparently the day they stopped caring about spoilers in the TV commercials for no way home

as someone who's managed to not see it (but knows what happens), kinda jarring to just look up and see garfield/holland/maguire hanging out

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you spoiled the film for me, barry.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Persona 4 is great, hopefully you're playing the Golden version (I'd imagine that'd have to be the case unless you have a PS2 and a hard copy of the original)

its the vanilla ps2 classics version on ps3. i don't trust my laptop to run anything stronger than a DS emulator.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I just finished it for the first time. It's so good. I think I prefer 5 because I hate the dungeons in 4 and the setting of 5 is better, but 4 has much better social links.

yeah i think its gonna be hard to beat 5/5R. that was my first of the modern personas so i look back at it much fonder than series vets i guess.

4 is great so far though, i'm at the 4th dungeon and i'd die for nanako

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Shard posted:

I'm going through the Machine Games Wolfenstein series again - love killing nazis.

Unstoppable slab of depressed muscle BJ Blaskowitz monologues were so good and just hammered home how insane he is.

Always eat dog food, always killin Nazis.

Never played Youngblood didn't hear too many good things about it unfortunately.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Youngblood isn't great but it is fun with a friend. The end boss was insanely hard. I cannot imagine the game being any good with an AI partner

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jiro posted:

Unstoppable slab of depressed muscle BJ Blaskowitz monologues were so good and just hammered home how insane he is.

Never played Youngblood didn't hear too many good things about it unfortunately.

I played it. I liked it. Killed nazis.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jiro posted:

Youngbloods was pretty rubbish. The main characters were insufferable

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Oh god they tried so hard with the lead characters in Youngblood. Insufferable is the perfect description.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I liked them a lot. I remember there being more negative opinions out there for the last 2 wolfenstein games than the previous two but I never felt that. I've liked them all.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I think they got steadily worse. The reboot was incredible

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
If I’ve never played Borderlands before, can I just play the second game and consider it a day?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

CobiWann posted:

If I’ve never played Borderlands before, can I just play the second game and consider it a day?

yes, and in fact that is probably the most correct way to do it. Just expect every line of dialogue or cultural reference in the game to be something a redditor from 2012 would think was REALLY funny

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

CobiWann posted:

Yes, and play the Gunzerker or else Gaige the Mechromancer as your first character. They're probably the easiest to adapt to. Gunzerker is a really simple point and shoot interface, except for when his dual-wielding special is ready and then it's a point-and-shoot-and-shoot interface.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Tales from the borderlands is the best borderlands game

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Just watched Dogme #1 Festen. I’d heard of the film but hadn’t seen it. Wow wow wow that’s a fuckin film and a half

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I think they got steadily worse. The reboot was incredible

I think 2 is my favorite. The fighting is fun and I really like all the characters

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
2 didn't click for me until I played the switch version. It felt like the enemies were less up my rear end in that one. I still liked the story and characters a lot. If the next one is xbox only I will be bummed

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Also the Terror Billy doll that comes with the special edition is sick

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Machine Games deserves all the credit in the world for taking one of the most non-characters ever - literally just a head - and turning BJ into like this warrior poet who in between killing nazi's in the most merciless ways waxes philosophical about the downfall of man and wanting to get back to his wife.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Man the level where he confronts his dad, I felt that in my core. Save for the blowing him away part. I did two playthroughs to see how different the dialogue and scenes would be depending on who you saved.

Also Debra Wilson is a loving tour de force in the second one. Especially if you decided you saved Fergus.

The Venus level was so hysterically looney, I kept gaming over gleefully trying to kill Hitler.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

for games, please only talk about elden ring and MDK

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Nick Gage should come to the ring with that giant weird helmet and all black spandex

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jiro posted:

Man the level where he confronts his dad, I felt that in my core. Save for the blowing him away part. I did two playthroughs to see how different the dialogue and scenes would be depending on who you saved.

Also Debra Wilson is a loving tour de force in the second one. Especially if you decided you saved Fergus.

The Venus level was so hysterically looney, I kept gaming over gleefully trying to kill Hitler.

I love Debra Wilson. She's great in everything.

Also another reason I love 2 is because of how mad it made racists and racist apologists mad across the world in 2017. I really needed that in Trumps first year

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Cavauro posted:

for games, please only talk about elden ring and MDK

Metal Dear Kolid 3 is the best of the series, no contest

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

mordal kombat

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I was today years old when I realised that Debra Wilson, whom I became a big fan of from all the voice acting in video games she's done lately, is also the really cool Debra Wilson from Mad TV. Bret Hart put her in a hammerlock!

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

a bunch of the early seasons cast of Mad TV became very prolific voice actors. at least one of Phil LaMarr, Debra Wilson, Nicole Sullivan, or Alex Borstein have been in basically anything in the last fifteen years.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I really hosed up, I think I accidentally aggroed the beast while I was hiding from the bird dude outside his temple. Now the beast attacks me on sight. He's scary too.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

You know what multi-player game was surprisingly fun? Conker's Bad Fur Day. My brother and cousins played that a ton on the N64

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Shard posted:

You know what multi-player game was surprisingly fun? Conker's Bad Fur Day. My brother and cousins played that a ton on the N64

Conker's multiplayer mode had a TON of fun variants to it, stealing the money bag in the bank vault was one of my favorites, it's a shame the Live and Reloaded version didn't include that, but the defending and attacking the beach using different classes was also fun if you could get enough people to do it.

JESUS CHRIST I totally forgot that awful version of "We're Not Gonna Take It" that happens at the end of Wolfenstein The New Colossus.