Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what do we want
This poll is closed.
nothing 64 22.70%
no quid pro quo 63 22.34%
it all 44 15.60%
YTURMP 111 39.36%
Total: 206 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

tacodaemon posted:

yeah she was still in her twenties when she became a huge superstar with the album that had "Because You Loved Me" and "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" on it but she sort of gave off the air of a middle-aged Broadway crooner making a pop move with overproduced adult contemporary garbage

well worded post :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

emfive posted:

The entire "Back Bay" neighborhood in Boston is reclaimed; it used to be a swamp. Now it's really fancy houses etc.

yeah thats what keyed me off to it initially when i first moved there was "why do they call this area the back bay when its literally land off the charles river" and they started to explain it to me

i'll have to check out that book thanks

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Daniel Dales Dick posted:

It's so boring, their lovely Norman Rockwell version of gender doesn't even account for intersex people.

yeah a lot of transphobes will tell you that the fed gov started allowing an "X" gender on passports because of woke trans rights or whatever but it was actually because an intersex person sued over it

of course most transphobes don't know what intersex means or that it is not the same thing as being trans

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/chasestrangio/status/1507119861033545729

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

apparently this is a big nothingburger while hunter smoking crack and dicking bimbos is a giant scandal

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

trans people can run into all sorts of problems with the gender on their birth certificate not matching other documentation, and while a lot of states now let you change that, there are states that forbid changing it, and the chuddy states that have been allowing changes are increasingly looking to forbid it (like Oklahoma is in the process of doing)

think what this means if you were born in one of those chuddy states: you can't even move elsewhere to get away from it, because your birth certificate will always be subject to the laws in the state where you were born, so you're stuck with whatever the rear end in a top hat state legislators there decide for the rest of your life

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

sounds like someone needs to take a massive vote

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Technically we are not in a war, we're just supplying arms and logistical support for the yemeni genocide

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

working hard, thank you

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

I was DJ ing this high school event playing a clean version of black n yellow (cause it was the schools colors too) and this lifetime bi*ch came up and was like "do you have a next button" I was like "haha, huh?" thinking it was like a joke that they don't like hip hop but nope she continues ..."this song is about lesbians that's not appropriate " and I just stared very confused till she left me alone

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Mac Miller was also from Pittsburgh, except he died.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/100YearsAgoNews/status/1507438737139113992

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

tacodaemon posted:

because your birth certificate will always be subject to the laws in the state where you were born, so you're stuck with whatever the rear end in a top hat state legislators there decide for the rest of your life

I was just thinking about this the other day, like if you escaped texas would a different state issue you a new birth cert, madness

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

turn your monitor off

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Virgil Vox posted:

I was DJ ing this high school event playing a clean version of black n yellow (cause it was the schools colors too) and this lifetime bi*ch came up and was like "do you have a next button" I was like "haha, huh?" thinking it was like a joke that they don't like hip hop but nope she continues ..."this song is about lesbians that's not appropriate " and I just stared very confused till she left me alone

A friend of mine is a teacher and she chastised a student for singing "Icecream Paint Job" because "I know its actually about oral sex".

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Mac Miller was also from Pittsburgh, except he died.

you heard it here first, folks: people from Pittsburgh can be killed.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

you heard it here first, folks: people from Pittsburgh can be killed.

Does it require garlic and a wooden steak?

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

cant wait until they replace schools with amazon warehouse apprenticeships

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Iron Crowned posted:

wooden steak?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

mistermojo posted:

cant wait until they replace schools with amazon warehouse apprenticeships

this is literally already happening, by the way.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

hmmmm wonder how this guy died

Ah, execution by firing squad after 2 years as governor. What a surprise

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/bigblackjacobin/status/1486363100018507776?s=21&t=lUC5aGdFnf0-on0l2Z1XgQ

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1507434178178080771?t=nQ9Tc2Wze2AsN7ErIXuvZQ&s=19

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Virgil Vox posted:

I was just thinking about this the other day, like if you escaped texas would a different state issue you a new birth cert, madness

yeah I know a trans woman who is understandably bitter bc she was born in memphis and tennessee forbids birth cert gender changes, whereas if she has been born like one mile west she would have been in arkansas which does allow it (although you have to jump thru a lot of hoops)

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
Please God please just lock her the gently caress up already.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

W

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

E

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

L

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

P

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Ah dang it

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

this is a member of the Ukrainian parliament

https://twitter.com/InnaSovsun/status/1507433571748831243

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

noticing russian dance labels & artist I follow hiding their locations or most hilarious changing to St Petersburg florida lmao

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

drat man. Harsh vibes on that av

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Vim Fuego posted:

drat man. Harsh vibes on that av

lmao cmon i need a picture or something!

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

wow huge slam on filthy hans's dick out of nowhere

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Dustcat posted:

wow huge slam on filthy hans's dick out of nowhere