Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hell i think they should give him a raise for quick thinking. laughter is the best medicine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

D34THROW posted:

See, that's kind of unfair to me. He did everything right and the only thing he did wrong was bursting out in uncomfortable laughter. Some people do that when they're uncomfortable. My loving wife does too.

Why is the loving supervisor who made the joke at Flipper Fred's expense not being placed on administrative leave?

OSHA IV: well gas is really costing people an arm and a leg now

It's never the guy muttering Biggus Dickus that gets in trouble, only the poor sod who can't control his resulting laughter

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Really wanna see how that guy got down from there.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

empty whippet box posted:

good morning osha thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/tifu/comments/tngkk4/tifu_by_laughing_after_a_guy_got_his_arm_ripped/

in this guy's defense that is extremely loving funny

Sounds like the OP went into hysteria from the shock of the accident, they should go to therapy on the company dime instead of being poo poo on.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
The legions of the lost hopelessly marching cross the fields of Aacheron to join the blood war take great care not to veer too far to the right past the hanging forests of bone and ash, lest they wind up in 2022 America, which would be worse.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Sounds like the OP went into hysteria from the shock of the accident, they should go to therapy on the company dime instead of being poo poo on.

That's where my mind went. Time to lawyer up if they escalate?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

https://i.imgur.com/rLIS6rd.gifv

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

empty whippet box posted:

good morning osha thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/tifu/comments/tngkk4/tifu_by_laughing_after_a_guy_got_his_arm_ripped/

in this guy's defense that is extremely loving funny

I watched a guy get the end of his finger get bitten off by an alligator snapping turtle that we were putting into a sack. I picked it up and followed him as he staggered off and asked if he wanted it back and he passed out.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I watched a guy get the end of his finger get bitten off by an alligator snapping turtle that we were putting into a sack. I picked it up and followed him as he staggered off and asked if he wanted it back and he passed out.

So did he want the turtle or not?

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk

How about loving no?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Why were you putting an alligator snapping turtle into a sack?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Platystemon posted:

To stop it from biting fingers off?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Platystemon posted:

It's a pretty humane way to restrain them actually, as long as you use something like breathable feed sacks. We removed a couple hundred of them from one hatchery pond to transport to another, plus release some in some wildlife refuges in the region. When you put a pissy 80 lb dinosaur with bone crushing jaws on the ground and don't restrain it, somebody will be losing part of a leg pretty soon.

Captain Hygiene posted:

So did he want the turtle or not?

He said he was done with that poo poo.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Points at sign : Don’t gently caress the wheel of death

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Actually, transporting dangerous wildlife is OSHA as gently caress and as far as I know we had zero safety oversight for the event. I got bit on the toe (straight through my boot, no flesh lost) and on one finger (through the feed sack, hosed the nerves up for a couple years but didn't lose a digit).

This pond was partially drained, nobody had a good idea of exactly how many to expect, and you find them in the mud by feeling around for them.

So once you get your hands on one, you pull it out of the mud while trying not to get bit or scratched, and then carry it to the bank and bag it so it can't get away or catch someone on the ankle.

Eventually they're all transported into the lab, cleaned off, tissues taken, sorting, length and weight, etc.

They had reproduced while in the pond, so we were searching for hatchlings, too.

They don't move very fast but there were a ton of them around so you couldn't get too distracted.
https://i.imgur.com/vUVbyoU.mp4

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 25, 2022

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

D34THROW posted:

Jesus Christ, my wife and daughter went on the loving ICON ferris wheel :stonk:

Oh man, I've also been on a completely different theme park ride! :stonk:
wow, close calls like this really make you appreciate the important things in life.

arachnaphobes dont click:
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r97pdbOZig1r0uzl6.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r97pn0zWwQ1r0uzl6.mp4

ekuNNN fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Mar 25, 2022

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

This pond was partially drained, nobody had a good idea of exactly how many to expect, and you find them in the mud by feeling around for them.

What the gently caress? I hope you were at least feeling around with some kind of tool and not something that would be amputated if a snapping turtle got ahold of it

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

haveblue posted:

What the gently caress? I hope you were at least feeling around with some kind of tool and not something that would be amputated if a snapping turtle got ahold of it

We had some shepherd's hooks, and you kind of shuffle a little bit to feel them with your feet. They generally don't bite stuff that's bigger than them underwater, so you can kind of poke them with your feet and get an idea of where the bitey end is. With the shepherd's hook, you turn them up on their side and get a grip on the shell and try to get them above the surface of the water so you can get a confident grip right behind their head. They don't have much reach with their neck, so they're actually a lot easier to handle than a common snapper or softshell turtle. They just have bigger consequences.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

haveblue posted:

Look at the dudes arms cleaning the shell on that one. He probably fuckin just hulks 'em up on the bank for everyone without a care in the world.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

ekuNNN posted:

Oh man, I've also been on a completely different theme park ride! :stonk:

:what: It's a completely different ride managed by the same company in the same park, and such lax safety features, considering the following:

chitoryu12 posted:

It’s specifically this area. ICON Park and those giant rides were built for cheap. I know people who built the wheel who refused to ride it after it was finished.

makes me really loving uncomfortable.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

That turtle post is equal parts cool and horrifying. We just get "regular" snappers in my area and even those command respect. You don't gently caress with one if you don't know what you're doing.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

We had some shepherd's hooks, and you kind of shuffle a little bit to feel them with your feet. They generally don't bite stuff that's bigger than them underwater, so you can kind of poke them with your feet and get an idea of where the bitey end is.

This poor dude looks so confused.

But also holy poo poo it's surprising any of you still have your loving digits.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

madeintaipei posted:

What the gently caress is it with Orlando? I mean the rest of Florida is weird and dangerous but, still. Every single time I've been to Orlando it's some bullshit going on.

"Let's put an overgrown carnie town in line with some of the most dangerous roads in America." -some fuckin' guy.

"Let's put a few big colleges and a university in the middle of the fucker. We need more people to stay here for a few years, move, and tell everyone how miserable it is!" -some other fuckin' guy.

Plant City with more poo poo to do, surrounded by Willow Oak.

It's one of the most visited locations in the world, so the rare instances where something like this does happen, it blows up and you hear about it. You don't hear about the 10-20,000 people that ride a roller coaster here every single day incident free.

Also FWIW, Orlando is pretty normal by Florida standards.

Plant City is absolute redneck trash.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

It's one of the most visited locations in the world, so the rare instances where something like this does happen, it blows up and you hear about it. You don't hear about the 10-20,000 people that ride a roller coaster here every single day incident free.

Also FWIW, Orlando is pretty normal by Florida standards.

Plant City is absolute redneck trash.

“Pretty normal by Florida standards” has to be one of greatest qualifiers known to man.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

PurpleXVI posted:

This poor dude looks so confused.

But also holy poo poo it's surprising any of you still have your loving digits.

Don’t worry the only emotion they can feel is rage

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

ChesterJT posted:

Parkour!

Not exactly OSHA (panel is not connected anymore), but cool as poo poo:
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7077969940262784298

When they replaced the transmitter hut for a local AM station my dad hung on to the big knife switch they used to power the whole thing up and it was pretty similar. Like just big slabs of copper, enough to power up a 5,000 watt AM station. AM uses multi-tower directional arrays so this one has four towers.

It’s on a low voltage relay to control the light switch in an office now, which is a good use of a big vintage knife switch imo.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

When they replaced the transmitter hut for a local AM station my dad hung on to the big knife switch they used to power the whole thing up and it was pretty similar. Like just big slabs of copper, enough to power up a 5,000 watt AM station. AM uses multi-tower directional arrays so this one has four towers.

It’s on a low voltage relay to control the light switch in an office now, which is a good use of a big vintage knife switch imo.

Lol, that rules. I'd love to have a big old knife switch on something, like putting it on the computer outlet feels like it'd be a fun start and end to the workday.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

https://twitter.com/Gentalon/status/1507335070465642531

aaaaaaAAAAAAAA

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/aw9iDim.mp4

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

I used to climb towers for a wireless internet service that used radio station towers for a while. It was just FM at the time which kinda sucked, but they were talking about trying an AM tower at one point but I absolutely refused even with them powered off because I don't trust like that.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r9bh6xpmuL1r0uzl6.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r97ptg44FE1r0uzl6.mp4

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

That's honestly the best failure they could have hoped for.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The red light means it's working.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/CBwFsFa.mp4

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/Zu4ke96.mp4

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Seems like a good way to launch a loose piece of sharp metal at your face.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That is neat looking, but would it be prone to just failing at some point with all the blades added on at odd angles?

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

:unsmith: I like that they're holding hands.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Report: Stationary cutting implement has guard to prevent unintentional cuts. Marking as non-issue and compliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

:black101: