Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
The evolution of Legacy:
- actual adventure/fantasy mystery
- ????
- endless softboy nice guy wish fulfillment
- wheel spinning
- wait! I can make a character that is both fantasy exposition dispenser and sexual wish fulfillment! Mookie, you're a genius!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

I hate this!

MuddyFunster
Jan 31, 2020

FUN you, EARHOLE
The discarded swamp bikini looks as pissed off at this turn of events as I am.

Cannot stop looking at her awful, awful, terrible, not good bodily side profile. The positioning of her hips is some ghastly post-car accident poo poo.

MuddyFunster fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Mar 25, 2022

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Speaking of which it's really weird how Mookie/Snout is cycling through female characters and each one only makes it more obvious how they're all supporting characters while Snout and Arudak are the "heroes" (Snout for the viewpoint wish fulfillment, Arudak for the attempt at actual conflict and internality).

And yes, this was the case in DD Classic too (c.f. Stunt and the nun, Milov, anything Pam ever does). He can't ever stop himself from which characters' pathos he centers. God help us all, Luna was him trying the hardest.

Like, Deegan usually introduced major female characters with the man about whom she'd provide exposition and/or conflict and ultimately validate, right? Pam and Greg, Snowsong and Greg Mk.II, Jayden and Milov, Melna and Stonewater, hell, even the main couple themselves. Legacy feels weirder because it's introducing them relatively fast and often and they're all about Snout.

Caphi fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 25, 2022

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Has anyone referenced this comic yet?

e. except the cop in the last panel would be making That Face if it were Snout

Normal Barbarian fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 25, 2022

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Normal Barbarian posted:

Has anyone referenced this comic yet?

e. except the cop in the last panel would be making That Face if it were Snout

I don't have time to search through the thread but I know someone made an amazing photoshop using that at some point.

MuddyFunster
Jan 31, 2020

FUN you, EARHOLE

Nighthand posted:

Ink witch needs a Long Rest in between casts of the Ink Ship.

Ah, this incredible thing. Given this weeks revelation, even more incredible and on point now.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
That is some prophetic poo poo right there, nice one Nighthand

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Caphi posted:

Speaking of which it's really weird how Mookie/Snout is cycling through female characters and each one only makes it more obvious how they're all supporting characters while Snout and Arudak are the "heroes" (Snout for the viewpoint wish fulfillment, Arudak for the attempt at actual conflict and internality).

And yes, this was the case in DD Classic too (c.f. Stunt and the nun, Milov, anything Pam ever does). He can't ever stop himself from which characters' pathos he centers. God help us all, Luna was him trying the hardest.

Like, Deegan usually introduced major female characters with the man about whom she'd provide exposition and/or conflict and ultimately validate, right? Pam and Greg, Snowsong and Greg Mk.II, Jayden and Milov, Melna and Stonewater, hell, even the main couple themselves. Legacy feels weirder because it's introducing them relatively fast and often and they're all about Snout.

I would challenge the notion that this comic does anything "fast and often".

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Let's Madonna up this whore

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

It looks like she’s about to breastfeed him

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

DamnitGannet posted:

It looks like she’s about to breastfeed him

i know it's true but maybe if we ignore it it'll go away

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Caphi posted:

Of course they're all about Snout: Legacy's female characters don't have names or backstories of their own, so what else are they going to be about?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What did I say, Mookie? What did I say? Did I say I liked looking at Dicktoe's Toedick? No? I don't say that? Then why did you draw that?!?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

RandomPauI posted:

What did I say, Mookie? What did I say? Did I say I liked looking at Dicktoe's Toedick? No? I don't say that? Then why did you draw that?!?

Who is this comic even for?

Toedick vs Boghag is the least sexy thing anyone has ever created

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

mookie has 179 patreons paying for this content

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

fewer than i expected, to be honest

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Mx. posted:

for fucks sake

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
I'd note that the plague of female namelessness only affects major recurring characters. Minor female characters who are only around for a page or two often get names.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Emrikol posted:

I'd note that the plague of female namelessness only affects major recurring characters. Minor female characters who are only around for a page or two often get names.

What's up with that anyways?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

lmao he still hasn't asked her what her name is

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
He even pre-wrote his questions. Why did he not pre-write that one, too? The only meta explanations I can think of are that either her name is supposed to be a twist, it'll be a running joke that no one ever learns her name, or Mookie straight up forgot.

Characters not having names isn't inherently a bad thing and when used right can add to their intrigue, but it's certainly eyebrow-raising that it happens mostly to female characters in Legacy, not counting mentions of OfH characters like Luna and Melna. I mean, I guess we never learned the names of the necromancer and their mongrelman friend either, but they ended up being oneshot characters who died leaving little trace of their existence. Meanwhile the narrative actively aims to keep major/secondary recurring female characters like the Chandak and the Ink Witch nameless. I suspect Kaianda only got a name because Mookie really wanted to use an acquaintance's name in a story somewhere. And then there's Kazya but "stuffed into the fridge" isn't enough to qualify as a character.

As a side note I like that the seaweed (lakeweed?) was removed from the chandak like it's a piece of clothing just like her bikini and Snout's overalls. She didn't just rise up out of the swamp covered in algae, it's a deliberate fashion choice of hers lmao

MiracleFlare fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Mar 27, 2022

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

her name is luna she was named after luna

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Nah, Snout's definitely Luna. He's completely helpless and obsessed with his own ugliness.

The Ink Witch's real name is going to be Dominique Deegan.

:v:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
He’s gonna forget to ask her name after making his big cummies so he’ll go looking for her and hey by the way who is Luna oh you’ll tell me after we recreate la pieta ok

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

PoptartsNinja posted:

Nah, Snout's definitely Luna. He's completely helpless and obsessed with his own ugliness.

The Ink Witch's real name is going to be Dominique Deegan.

:v:

You joke but I called early that The Ink Witch will turn out to be a Deegan and I stand by that prediction.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
The new Kirby game has "wild" versions of classic enemies like Wild Bonkers and Wild Frosty, and because of this Gigant Edge is now called Wild Edge and every time I see it I think about Dominic Deegan. Way to make Kirby slightly worse for me, Mookie!

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Do they wag their tails when happy?

Or... Excited?

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Breetai posted:

Do they wag their tails when happy?

Or... Excited?
Where did you think the rest of his penis went when it's not erect?

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Drakyn posted:

Where did you think the rest of his penis went when it's not erect?

this is literally a crime against humanity

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Oh thank god it's not sex.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Are you sure about that? That tower's looking mighty symbolic

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Hostile V posted:

I don't have access to my computer for a bit, but if I did, I'd edit the sideways facing Snout onto this picture.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Hostile V posted:

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Oh God. He can see us in the middle panel. Avoid eye contact. Just act casual and he won't come over to talk.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I hate Snout's face so much

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
I'm going to be so very annoyed if it turns out that "Luna" is just the password you need to get past Challenges.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Where are her arms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Codependent Poster posted:

Where are her arms

Ones playing the harmonica, ones jacking his dick