Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

boop the snoot posted:

This is a real quote lmao

theres another fun quote in there from the fia president stating that the houthis are operating according to the rules of war and only attacking legitimate targets

quote:

Ben Sulayem said: “We had a meeting with high level security officials, we had meetings with the team principals, we had meetings with the drivers.

“Who are they targeting? They are targeting the oil company, not the civilian and not, of course, the event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Yeah an attack on a military target isn’t really a terrorist attack horner.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
errrrm

"Oil and gas company Aramco has signed a name sponsorship deal with the Aston Martin Formula 1 team, it was announced on Thursday. Feb 3, 2022, 8:32 AM. The "long-term strategic partnership" means the British squad will be known as Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula 1 Team from now on"

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
So they're basically firing missiles at Lance, those bastards.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They've tried everything else to make the car go fast, might as well give that a go

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

making GBS threads on Netflix is by far one of the only cool things about Max

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
There are near famine conditions in Yemen, and the Saudis launched a brutal war of aggression, just like Putin did.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Thanks Ants posted:

Latifi is going to finish 21, behind a stray rocket

loving hell, I didn't know Kvyat was back...

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Grimson posted:

who cares about the drivers though. this is about not giving in to terrorism

Wolff’s Red Bull counterpart Christian Horner said not going ahead with the race would be tantamount to giving in to terrorism.

“The sport has to stand together collectively. Any act of terrorism cannot be condoned, and sport shouldn’t be bullied into a position that…a situation like that just isn’t acceptable,” said Horner.

“Stefano and the president, they’re dealing with it, there’s been all the assurances from the organisers, and we’ll be going racing.”

Horner gonna retire and run for mp

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

is there a f1 grade track in Israel? they should go there next

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Who would have thought when Bernie was ousted that he would turn out to have been the moral one?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

quote:

“Who are they targeting? They are targeting the oil company, not the civilian and not, of course, the event.

Surely they wouldn’t attack an internationally televised event, I say, trying to hide the panic in my voice

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Pyongyang GP ‘23

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Just host all the races in America well keep you safe

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
Having ballistic missiles raining down could really spice things up for the teams. Maybe the McLaren or Aston cars will excel at blast resistance or jumping over craters in the track.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Red Bull blaming the Italian fuel pump for five days after it’s hit with a missile on lap 42

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
https://twitter.com/albertfabrega/status/1507491147467223046?s=21

:sweatdrop: it’s 2am

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

horner wasn't nearly as keen on racing last time someone brought a rocket engine

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Nine of the team principals don't want to race but Horner is trying to change the meaning of the word "conflict" in a way that means the results from Spa 2021 are applied to this weekend.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Frond posted:

There are near famine conditions in Yemen, and the Saudis launched a brutal war of aggression, just like Putin did.

Yeah but the USA and UK are providing weapons to the F1 host country that's waging the war of aggression, not the country being attacked by the F1 host country, so there's no sanctions or public outcry to force the FIA to pretend to have morals.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

So far the best part of FP is “Toto get me a booster seat”.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Press conference at 00:00 GMT, about half an hour

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?
https://twitter.com/Dalauan_Sports/...ightmode%3Dtrue

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Press conference at 00:00 GMT, about half an hour

This is going to be spicy.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv13s5JmvS4

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Number_6 posted:

Having ballistic missiles raining down could really spice things up for the teams. Maybe the McLaren or Aston cars will excel at blast resistance or jumping over craters in the track.

can we get something like formula e fan boost but it lets us pick which car gets shot at (its max*)

Ashheap Empire
Jul 22, 2000

Kings taste terrible at best
and rest in peace raw
The rest are recipes
*CAAAWWWW*
As a new F1 fan, is this sport always this loving insane?

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Ashheap Empire posted:

Not particularly in this manner, but always somehow.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
https://twitter.com/ChrisMedlandF1/status/1507500702544838664?s=20&t=K1nBdvQEGJL1clHonOlfUw

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

Australia 2020 comes to mind.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
lmao

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/s...ightmode%3Dtrue

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
lol

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

I hope they race because 1) racing and 2) I really don't need another weepy lecture from all the worlds worst and evilest countries about how upsetting some war that has the misfortune of not being led by them is

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

oh F1 you're so wacky

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ashheap Empire posted:

Sort of par for the course as the sport chases income from increasingly wild petrostates

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Lmfao

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

Sort of par for the course as the sport chases income from increasingly wild petrostates

formula e is the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
https://twitter.com/andrewbensonf1/status/1507503055373320196?s=20&t=LXTO0yHkOR0yYfzi07IY7w