Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Hai rules, standing his ground was great and he completely demolished Daniel there.

Jonathan also rules. Knowing his idol is Lex Luger, this is presumably a guy who's watched a few ladder matches in pro wrestling and knew exactly how to handle that challenge.

Daniel constantly losing stuff is reason enough for him to go, imho. If he almost lost my idol then claimed it was my fault I'd make him my first target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

Daniel's terrible poker face, spilling secrets, and flipflopping mid TC should really make him a target for the remaining pairs in the alliance. They can just make him next target and hope they can stay a strong 4 alliance until a mix-up or merge. The dude cracks under the lightest of questioning.

It's such a shame Chanelle made such a mistake risking her vote after her whole spiel, poor Omar...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Daniel being a superfan who thinks he has the whole game figured out and then completely collapsing when faced with social interaction sustains me lol.

I think this is the earliest I've ever seen someone so obviously become a goat but he might be so untrustworthy that he just gets voted out anyway

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Daniel is Angelina 2.0

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Studio posted:

Daniel is Angelina 2.0

That's insulting to Angelina.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nihonniboku posted:

That's insulting to Angelina.

honestly yeah it really is

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

:hmmyes: Yeah when Angelina throws people under the bus she makes a fake idol and throws her game even more

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Daniel is the kind of player we will insult future players via the comparison

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Poor voteless Mike. If I asked for my idol back and someone claimed they never had it, and I had to make them go look for it, and then ask for the OTHER part back, and they pulled it out of their underwear, I would not feel great about them running point for me at tribal.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dugong posted:

Hai or Lydia to win please. Absolutely broke their tribe’s majority :neckbeard:

Daniel will probably have to side with them after this performance and Mike still won’t have his vote.

they won through luigi method.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
Hai and Lydia (probably) seized power in an insurrection against the ruling majority without really intending to do it. Wild

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I like that Survivor has revived itself by casting a huge amount of self-professed superfans every seasons. Endlessly hilarious to see almost all of them flame out hard.

Way, way better than when they recruited everyone from random bars.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I do think there's a certain charm in having people that just Do Not Give a gently caress, and are in it for a free vacation, but that should be A Rare Thing.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Survivor 43: Fans vs Mactors
Survivor 44: Twitter vs Instagram

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

That was a fantastic tribal

After this one, Chanelle gets her vote back, correct? I hope Hai and Lydia just constantly practice making fire and use it as a way to ensure Daniel stays in line.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Professor Shark posted:

That was a fantastic tribal

After this one, Chanelle gets her vote back, correct? I hope Hai and Lydia just constantly practice making fire and use it as a way to ensure Daniel stays in line.

Even HE doesn't think he'll make it to fire building

Or is that the double secret tie breaker

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

No, I just confused and thought they solved tied votes through fire, I forgot they pulled rocks

Edit: Even though it was just in this episode

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
haha johnathan the tugboat

hey green team good catchup

i kind of spaced out during the pre-tribal scramble, who was actually the one trying to blindside drea?

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 31, 2022

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

They both were. Rewinding to last time we saw this tribe, Drea came to them said let's make a women's alliance and I have an extra vote.

Swati turned to Tori and said she's got an extra vote, she's gotta go. So Tori was trying to accomplish that for them by pulling in who she felt was the only other possible vote, when really if these two would've just rolled with the potential women's alliance they'd all be fine.

Meanwhile socially inept Rocksroy is just rolling right along in this mess of a tribe.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Ahh okay I remember now. Good job, goobers lol.

Any of yall stick around after to see this Beyond the Edge show? This is the furthest I've made it in and it kind of seems like a lovely "celebrity survivor: oops all challenges."

quote:

“Beyond the Edge” is not “Celebrity Survivor,” and that’s something CBS and Renegade want to make very clear. The show has some of the hallmarks of “Survivor,” including the tropical beach, physical challenges and the same broadcast network home. But in “Beyond the Edge,” there’s no elimination — the celebrities only leave when they physically reach their breaking point (and a few do ultimately drop out) — and episodes end with a bit of a therapy session, led by host Mauro Ranallo (from Showtime Sports), as the stars discuss the challenge they just accomplished.

Uh huh. It's boringer survivor.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Khanstant posted:

Ahh okay I remember now. Good job, goobers lol.

Any of yall stick around after to see this Beyond the Edge show? This is the furthest I've made it in and it kind of seems like a lovely "celebrity survivor: oops all challenges."

Uh huh. It's boringer survivor.

Wait til they give Ray Lewis a knife, that's when the survival really starts.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I’m not normally a fan of his archetype, but I am really enjoying Jonathan. He seems good-natured and oddly humble without coming off as disingenuous. I doubt he’ll go all the way simply because of challenge threat, but I’m rooting for him so far.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
I wanted to like Swati but she really overplayed that

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

garthoneeye posted:

I’m not normally a fan of his archetype, but I am really enjoying Jonathan. He seems good-natured and oddly humble without coming off as disingenuous. I doubt he’ll go all the way simply because of challenge threat, but I’m rooting for him so far.

Agreed. They're giving him a bit of time to articulate his strategic thoughts about it too.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

:slick: tribal council first babeeeee :slick:

Those flashbacks were masterful. Just, absolutely perfect.

get owned anyone from Palo Alto (not East Palo Alto)

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
A little annoyed we didn't get to hear Lydia's thoughts at all about that TC.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Lydia has gotten surprisingly little coverage. I understand that she wasn't really in control of Tribal, but uh, she survived! Give us a rundown!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

At this stage my expectations for the season are that Jonathon, Rocks, and Mike are gonna form a dad garage band at the merge while the zoomers all gaslight each other into insanity.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Producer Romeo's stock is sharply rising. Dude is astute. My wife pointed out that him and Hai could make for a really solid partnership if they ever meet in the merge. I could see it going that way or them being huge rivals but either way, would be cool to see them play together.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Fantasy Update!

Of note:

• Studio has been in first place for the entire run so far.
  • With fantasy favorite Jenny the boot last week, there are now no teams left with an entirely intact roster.
  • At this point, Taku members have been 100% the track to the most points with them winning the most challenges.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Amazing how Mike ended up being the one picked up by Lydia and Hai, and he and Hai are best friends now. Didn't see it coming but I guess Mike is just that lovable! He still can't vote though...

Chili posted:

Producer Romeo's stock is sharply rising. Dude is astute. My wife pointed out that him and Hai could make for a really solid partnership if they ever meet in the merge. I could see it going that way or them being huge rivals but either way, would be cool to see them play together.
Is Hai skinny enough for them to reform the Skinny Dudes alliance???

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Chili posted:

Fantasy Update!

Of note:

• With fantasy favorite Jenny the boot last week, there are now no teams left with an entirely intact roster.
  • At this point, Taku members have been 100% the track to the most points with them winning the most challenges.
you just really had to vote tori, rocksroy???

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Rocksroy is playing two decade old Survivor it rules

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

The montage of Swati telling everyone they were her number one was pretty great. Comedy Gold from the editing department.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Really digging the Romeo/Drea pair. Them piecing together what was happening and then the editing showing it all falling into place was awesome. I'm glad the editors finally figured out it's ok to not show us every event in chronological order (loved the reveal they did with Naseer's idol last season too).

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Chili posted:

I dunno, could be David/Zeke in MvG where they work together at first but then they go to war.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Chili posted:

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im coming for you

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Love a good "I'm in an alliance with everybody" :kiddo: trainwreck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

Fast Luck posted:

One thing I don't understand is how Mike didn't have to say his phrase. I swear the clue said "must." Then when you factor in the "fine print" that the idol gets activated at merge if it never gets activated beforehand, it becomes fairly unlikely you're gonna have three people trying to activate. Although now....... Mike should probably go for it and that's 2/3
I'm just getting caught up with the show and this thread, and I am so glad someone else was annoyed by this. There had better be some sort of penalty beyond not getting to vote. I liked Mike at first but find myself rooting against him because selectively ignoring downsides in a "hey don't open this thing unless you accept the downsides" advantage isn't great.