Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Bust Rodd posted:

My Chemical Romance going on tour with absolutely insane openers. If anyone’s going to the Raleigh, NC show I’ll buy you a drink and we can do each other’s make up

Who are the other openers? I saw someone posted a Midtown poster in the Fest FB group and I got excited until I saw the MCR part at the bottom. I was considering going anyway and grinning and bearing the headliners if my friend wanted to go, then I saw the ticket prices. I guess it's because it's a rescheduled show, but the regular face value for the seats at the arena near me are like... $250+ , and most of the seats are in the usually $25 area. So absolutely gently caress that. I checked another place on the tour in case it was some weird mistake, but it looks like the bargain basement face value is $150 which is ridiculous.

e: ah found the posters showing who is on the various dates. I've never heard of quite a few of these, maybe just outside my field of knowledge. I see tickets are officially on sale tomorrow too so maybe these insane prices are just for pre-sales or something, who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

New single isn't doing that much for me, but their first three albums are classics and when I saw them at a Riotfest aftershow a bit ago they loving killed it.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

angrygodofjebus posted:

New single isn't doing that much for me, but their first three albums are classics and when I saw them at a Riotfest aftershow a bit ago they loving killed it.

Full disclosure I am coincidentally wearing an Alexisonfire hoodie today. It's my oldest piece of clothing (almost 20 years old at this point!!!), but I rarely listen to the band anymore.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bust Rodd posted:

My Chemical Romance going on tour with absolutely insane openers. If anyone’s going to the Raleigh, NC show I’ll buy you a drink and we can do each other’s make up

Seriously considering going to the Brooklyn show even though I hate arenas.

In totally opposite news, Moneen are playing a tiny bar in Bushwick (Gold Sounds) on June 10th so that's gonna be rad.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
MCR with... Turnstile and Waterparks??? lmao what

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Holy loving Jesus the Armed show in Brooklyn.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

Holy loving Jesus the Armed show in Brooklyn.

I pulled something in my neck but it was maybe the greatest experience of my life.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
New Prince Daddy and the Hyena record announced :bernin:

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

I pulled something in my neck but it was maybe the greatest experience of my life.

I’ve genuinely never seen a group go that loving wild at a show, especially at a larger venue that’s not a poo poo dive bar.

They did nearly half the show from the crowd/pit with corded mics. Jonni was like running around and grabbing peoples faces and poo poo.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

I’ve genuinely never seen a group go that loving wild at a show, especially at a larger venue that’s not a poo poo dive bar.

They did nearly half the show from the crowd/pit with corded mics. Jonni was like running around and grabbing peoples faces and poo poo.

The sound people were not fuckin happy with him when he got up there at the end.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Just saw Stray from the Path, they were OK. Something was missing though...

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I don't know anything about punk but I saw the Adolescents and Negative Approach a couple weeks ago and it ruled

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I'm catching that Circle Jerks/Negative Approach/Seven Seconds show in Boston next month. NA still put on a great show.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
lmao

https://twitter.com/mcrofficial/status/1503912596679798786?s=21

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I don't know anything about punk but I saw the Adolescents and Negative Approach a couple weeks ago and it ruled

Those guys don’t look like Adolescents at all!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
That’s about as close to naming your band “The Punks” as you can get

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

smdh if you don't recognize John Brannon

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

They founded the band in a garage in 1980, so they can call it whatever they want imo

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

I went to Circle Jerks when they played here. I usually don’t like old man nostalgia shows but it was a good time. First show I’ve been to since Mar 2020. I got sick rofl.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Similarly all members of Minor Threat have long since reached the age of majority.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Sonic youth's kids are too old for the band name.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Cv5Xwj9N8

The Armed have one of the guys from Queens of the Stone Age playing with them now, pretty wild

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
I loving love The Armed so much

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
New Drug Church is good

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
The PLOSIVS album with Hot Snakes alumni that came out yesterday is so loving catchy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgqbQ4PwqJA

It's been on constant rotation here!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

So if you agree with Cardi and miss that MCR style, I just saw Save Face open for Spanish Love Songs/The Wonder Years two nights in a row and they definitely scratch that itch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAEPcRD0R2Y

(I'm also gonna see them open for SLS again in May :v: )

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 18, 2022

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

New Drug Church is good

Extremely. Excited to see them next week, fantastic live band.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The new PUP track is good, as expected https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkaQOQp52CM

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Is this the right thread for Dance Gavin Dance?

New song dropped today. It slaps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvHDaSw8k74

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Just saw Glassjaw two nights in a row and I'm really in awe of how good they still sound live. EYEWTKAS is uh, deeply problematic lyrically but everything about Worship and Tribute has aged like a fine wine.

Two friends came with me to the W&T show and it was their first "real" concert and now they want to come with me to more shows so that rules.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Really curious how Soul Glo is gonna go over with MCR fans on that tour.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

The new Camp Cope album is out btw haven't listened yet but I'm excited.

https://campcope.bandcamp.com/album/running-with-the-hurricane-2

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Inspector_666 posted:

Just saw Glassjaw two nights in a row and I'm really in awe of how good they still sound live. EYEWTKAS is uh, deeply problematic lyrically but everything about Worship and Tribute has aged like a fine wine.

Two friends came with me to the W&T show and it was their first "real" concert and now they want to come with me to more shows so that rules.

the last time i saw them they didn't play anything from eyewtkas, I assumed that was why.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m not familiar with that record, what’s the problem with it? Kind of flipping through my albums and wondering if any of them have “aged badly” coming up empty so I’m curious (aside from the general vibe of early 2000’s emo being a swamp of whiny guys complaining about women and the occasional ‘oh yeah that guy is a pedofile’)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m not familiar with that record, what’s the problem with it? Kind of flipping through my albums and wondering if any of them have “aged badly” coming up empty so I’m curious (aside from the general vibe of early 2000’s emo being a swamp of whiny guys complaining about women and the occasional ‘oh yeah that guy is a pedofile’)

It's really misogynist at times, a thing which they curtailed on subsequent releases.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

also speaking as an old man, that poo poo didn't just "age poorly," people recognized it as being pretty bad back then too

Daryl did decline to sing some of the more objectionable lyrics at the MA show but I've heard varying reports from other nights

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I've seen that era of hardcore referred to as "Guys With Suspiciously Young Girlfriend's-core"

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

Really curious how Soul Glo is gonna go over with MCR fans on that tour.

Hopefully wonderfully, as soul glo is awesome. But how anyone booking MCR thought they were a fit is crazy.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm in favor of diverse bills and hopefully they open up some people's minds with their shows. On paper they fit much better on a different major reunion tour this summer that was originally planned for 2020--Rage Against the Machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

FreudianSlippers posted:

I've seen that era of hardcore referred to as "Guys With Suspiciously Young Girlfriend's-core"

in this case the album was written while they were actual teenagers, and the imaginary misogynist violence gets pretty goofy at times. you can absolutely tell it's written by a hormonal teenager, which doesn't mean it's fine but it's a very real, familiar perspective

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

also speaking as an old man, that poo poo didn't just "age poorly," people recognized it as being pretty bad back then too

Daryl did decline to sing some of the more objectionable lyrics at the MA show but I've heard varying reports from other nights

yeah motel of the white locust and hurting and shoving disturbed me as a teenager even