Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
the drivers are gladiators

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Drive to survive season 5 is gonna be sick

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Ashheap Empire
Jul 22, 2000

Kings taste terrible at best
and rest in peace raw
The rest are recipes
*CAAAWWWW*
So they are definitely getting missiles fired at them during the race then. Didn't Formula E get missiles fired at them last year?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Ashheap Empire posted:

As a new F1 fan, is this sport always this loving insane?
Very seriously no. 2013-2020 was nothing like this, with a handful of race exceptions over that whole era.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Also let's not call it a sport please

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Please feel free to @ me about how the FIA's safety isn't terrible if this race goes ahead lol

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Drive To Survive

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Drive to survive season 5 is gonna be sick

Its gonna be the bomb!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Drive to Survive Season 5

Crofter - "PHWOAR AND A MISSILE HITS THE TRACK, I THINK... I THINK LATIFI'S TAKEN AN INCENDIARY STRAIGHT TO THE CHASSIS!"

*Netflix runs footage of the war in Ukraine instead*

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

It’s bombed out but away we go!

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Surely they wouldn’t attack an internationally televised event, I say, trying to hide the panic in my voice

if you no longer fire a missile at a target that exists, you're no longer a missile battery operator

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I can't believe Horner decided this all by himself. Truly a villain.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Drive to Survive Season 5: This season dedicated to the brave Scuderia Ferrari Tifosi

speng31b
May 8, 2010

DTS officially renamed Drive Or Survive

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Vettel’s 5th WDC looking increasingly likely

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Seb is the only smart driver, for catching COVID and deciding to call in sick for the KSA race

speng31b
May 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/michaeldilley/status/1507511836438151168

Lol they're being held hostage by the Saudis

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Lol if you thought Formula 1 as an organization would do anything but force this race to happen. Obviously I hope it goes on without any problems but I also hope we eventually get some info about what happened in that meeting. Maybe Seb will give us a tell all at the end of the season.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

What an insane statement, that’s literally what it is. “I sure hope nothing happens to your passports! By the way how are your kids? Must miss you after being gone for so long.”

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I would simply drive my billion quid car to safety.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://twitter.com/brandonsutton71/status/1507509946606403584

Lol

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

didn't they do something like that with wrestlers or something a while ago

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
I wonder if i should dump all my fantasy team right now and reap the rewards, and have lots of free capital to buy all the replacement drivers we are going to need.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Same thing happened to the WWE a few years ago.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/wrestling/wwe-superstars-held-hostage-saudi-20817298

e: beaten

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

didn't they do something like that with wrestlers or something a while ago

yeah they held up a plane, or at least the wrestlers on the plane felt like they were not in best of situations

17 minute wrestling news clip about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc2VBdH35Uw

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lmfao. Never been happier to watch pirate streams of this poo poo show

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Holy poo poo

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
im fine with letting max drive

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

hifi posted:

I would simply drive my billion quid car to safety.

Red Bull are hosed then

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I wouldn't be shocked if the Saudi GP wasn't a thing after this year if it's the same situation as the WWE incident.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Something tells me the GPDA will seek veto power on future race locations...

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Wasn't there a similar situation in the past where teams were coerced into holding an unsafe race? I think it was during the FISA FOCA imbroglio, and the race organizers basically said if they didn't hold a race they'd seize everyone's cars and equipment.

*edit* It wasn't during FISA FOCA, it was the 1975 Spanish GP. Drivers walked out when the barriers weren't properly constructed, and the organizers threatened to confiscate everyone's poo poo.

EngineerJoe posted:

Something tells me the GPDA will seek veto power on future race locations...
Yeah I think there will be another meeting after this weekend when being detained inside Saudi Arabia isn't an option.

Sashimi fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 26, 2022

Parappa the Dapper
Jul 2, 2003

...and then my toast came out soft.

Thanks Ants posted:

Red Bull are hosed then

You only have to have reliability better than the first to lose a fuel pump.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Formula 1 directed by Hideo Kojima

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I expect to see footage of an F1 race with rockets landing in the background and blowing up oil terminals appearing in an Adam Curtis documentary in a couple of years

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I wouldn't be shocked if the Saudi GP wasn't a thing after this year if it's the same situation as the WWE incident.

Vince still makes them go back more than once a year lol

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Sashimi posted:

Wasn't there a similar situation in the past where teams were coerced into holding an unsafe race? I think it was during the FISA FOCA imbroglio, and the race organizers basically said if they didn't hold a race they'd seize everyone's cars and equipment.

There was a few times where drivers tried a boycott of a race.

First, there was the 1975 Spanish Grand Prix, where the organisers did a terrible job of building the safety barriers, so the drivers went on strike, skipping practice. The Spanish police threatened to sieze equipment, so the race went ahead. Then in the race, a car crashed through a barrier & killed 4 spectators.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975_Spanish_Grand_Prix

Then there was a driver boycott of qualifying of the 1982 South African GP due to proposed Super License changes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcDAWhbHJqM

Then the 1985 Belgian Grand Prix was postponed due to the asphalt breaking up during practice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1985_Belgian_Grand_Prix#Postponement

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

spaceblancmange posted:

Vince still makes them go back more than once a year lol

through 2027

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lmao