Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Drive to survive season 5 is gonna be sick

"Who cares about the safety of anyone involved with the actual sport, we've got a reality show to keep filming! Lord knows all those new fans aren't being drawn in by the racing!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

It would be nice for some of the drivers to take a stand after this about not racing in Saudi Arabia.
For obvious reasons they should probably not take this stand until after they're outside of Saudi Arabia.

Failing that if the race is going ahead might as well go whole hog. Give the F1 cars big cartoony rockets to fire at each other while ballisitic missiles smash into the track, let's go full wacky kart racer videogame on this poo poo.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Mode 7 posted:

It would be nice for some of the drivers to take a stand after this about not racing in Saudi Arabia.
For obvious reasons they should probably not take this stand until after they're outside of Saudi Arabia.

Failing that if the race is going ahead might as well go whole hog. Give the F1 cars big cartoony rockets to fire at each other while ballisitic missiles smash into the track, let's go full wacky kart racer videogame on this poo poo.

F1 in 2097

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Teams shaking in their boots after seeing the F1-75 dominate last week is understandable, but trying to cancel the race is shameful even when accounting for the normal low standard of the cheating British teams.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

We *blinks twice* as one

speng31b
May 8, 2010

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Teams shaking in their boots after seeing the F1-75 dominate last week is understandable, but trying to cancel the race is shameful even when accounting for the normal low standard of the cheating British teams.

Is the F1-75 the type of missiles that are being fired at the track?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1507522929554305026

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Going forward, we could replace the Saudi Arabia race in the calendar with a return to the Adelaide Street Circuit, just spitballing.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i've said it before and i'll say it again

Scotland GP @ Knockhill

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
1 very long straight race in the salt flats in Utah

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

1 very long straight race in the salt flats in Utah

Utah only allows straights, so there wouldn’t be much of a difference.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Scotland GP @ Knockhill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfY_o00xSQY

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
they should race at watkins glen again

e: i do not care if it is not the correct fia grade

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

see? how sweet is that!?

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Bring back Bernie:

Ecclestone greenlights 2017 F1 race at Lime Rock

quote:

In a release received Monday from Lime Rock Park, the track has announced plans to host a Formula One event. The release is as follows:

In a surprise announcement, F1 major domo Bernie Ecclestone told reporters that he's made a deal with Lime Rock Park owner Skip Barber to bring the F1 circus to Connecticut's 1.5-mile, nine-turn road course, starting in 2017. A date has not been set, and the FIA World Council must still approve the expanded schedule, “But that's simply a formality,” Ecclestone said.

BY AUTOWEEK STAFF
MAR 31, 2013

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

they should see if crofty wants to try his hand at calling esports because imagine that wailing sow of a man trying to keep up with any of that poo poo

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Trying to imagine f1 going a whole week without loving something up

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Scotland GP @ Knockhill

Isle of Man :colbert:

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Holy gently caress bring back cigarettes at least like they didn’t literally hold people hostage and fire missiles on a neighboring country for 7 years. The oil money is so much worse than booze and tabacco

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Smokes are cool, unlike Saudi Arabia

Chopstick Dystopia
Jun 16, 2010

lowest high and highest low loser of: WEED WEE
k

TheBacon posted:

Holy gently caress bring back cigarettes at least like they didn’t literally hold people hostage and fire missiles on a neighboring country for 7 years. The oil money is so much worse than booze and tabacco

Beer and Cigs are infinitely better than Oil and Crypto.

The liveries are better too (with the rare exception of something like the McLaren Gulf)

Have you seen that loving NFT doofus avatar on one of the F2 cars? Looks like absolute dogshit.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Auricom Huski Synthetic Chocolate Racing does sound pretty cool

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Gigi Galli posted:

Auricom Huski Synthetic Chocolate Racing does sound pretty cool

Lol you wish. In 2097 all the sponsors will be buttcoin, 420coin69, etc

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

marshalljim posted:

Bring back Bernie:

Ecclestone greenlights 2017 F1 race at Lime Rock

BY AUTOWEEK STAFF
MAR 31, 2013

this would own, it's an hour from me. then again, this track/location is insanely poorly suited for a forumla 1 race

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

GramCracker posted:

this would own, it's an hour from me. then again, this track/location is insanely poorly suited for a forumla 1 race

I’ve driven lime rock multiple times; it would be an absolute train wreck. Also it’d have to be a billion laps.

IMSA still races there and it’s incredible that they manage to run all those cars in at once.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

GramCracker posted:

lmao at the likely reaction of anyone from nearby massachusetts upon seeing max

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

So Seb's the only smart kid in class.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

No to any war

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Vettel, a week ago: „gently caress, I have Covid“
Vettel, now: „Phew, good thing I have Covid“

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
symptoms of covid include fever, loss of smell, and hosed up quotation marks

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE
Lewis dancing/seb banging the steering wheel gif, except it's seb dancing and Lewis cowering under a table

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Anime Store Adventure posted:

It’s bombed out but away we go!

This made me lol

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It’s no coincidence that this has turned into a colossal mess without Charlie and Niki Lauda :(

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

sorry, but watkins glen isn't an active warzone, so doesn't meet the FIA's strict requirements.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I really hope they won‘t bomb the track.

Just send a sniper that takes out Horner and Marco. Way cheaper, same effect in general public, and improves the sport.

E: in Minecraft

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

I think bombings and rocket attacks would help continue to position F1 as being road relevant for the many areas of the world currently under conflict

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Lol this "sport" is so loving dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Has F1 ever said no to a country over human rights concerns? All I can think of is drivers boycotting races in Apartheid South Africa.