Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Endless Trash posted:

Wasn’t it so much fun to play that level again…BACKWARDS?

I actually kind of agree. Setting a level in old territory made it feel like an actual world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Rich Evans diet is really working for him.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Milo and POTUS posted:

this meme format is probably worse for kids than drake

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2022-03-13/these-are-netflix-s-most-popular-shows-according-to-netflix

Interesting

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiZMpQ-wqZA

200 million to make the Halo equivalent of Mass Effect Andromeda.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jon Irenicus posted:

RLM 2022: entirely about video games and anime

fixed

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

pangstrom posted:

Decided to give Peaky Blinders a try a couple weeks ago (heard it was good but maybe the name kind of prevented me from being curious enough). Anyway, on season 3 and it's very good so far! Kind of Deadwood, except of in post-WW1 UK instead of post-civil-war South Dakota. Also not that good but whatever what is. Heard it kind of loses steam.
One of the things I love most about Peaky Fookin' Blinduhs is that there are 6 episodes a season. No more, no less. They really don't waste any time and there's no lollygagging . By episode 2 they are already through a third of the season so everything moves at a good pace.
It's a shame the show runners other project, Taboo with Tom Hardy sucked. Tom Hardy was great, but everything else about the show stunk.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
peakyblinders is dope

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.
It's friday again!

1. The Rangers: A Shadow Rising

We watched The Rangers: Bloodstone a few months ago, wherein Dristan the Ranger goes to great length to save his daughter from orc's only to immediately abandons her, leaving her with an elf lady he's known for like three days. This is the first movie in the series. Not gonna bother with any of the stuff in between because apparently this whole thing is literally just a bunch of nerds acting out their rpg sessions in a homebrew setting using Mordheim rules. The middle series is short form webisodes combining skits and actual game sessions and there aint no way i'm watching that poo poo.

2. Avengers Grimm: Time Wars

It's Asylum's cheap knock-off response to Avengers, but it's all ladies from fairytales and they're fighting Rumpelstilskin.

3. Star Quest

In the distant future of 2035 an international expedition is sent to explore an earth-like planet, but the crew awakens from cryogenic stasis to find that something has gone wrong.

Starting at 8:00 EST, about 2 hours from now.

https://discord.gg/eKByTt2W

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Dr. Thoss posted:

but the crew awakens from cryogenic stasis to find that something has gone wrong.

Does this ever go right?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

That one shoots him in the head 5 minutes in and the rest of them go "oh wow, a gun, that was really smart"

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

Avengers GRIMM: Time Wars - The Jurassic World of Tomorrow vs. Sever and the Owls of Ga'Hoole or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Who was it that said the biggest gently caress up of infinite was not having Coop. Because that person is right.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

watched the village for the first time and wow that movie is fuckin' dumb as hell!!! my favourite part is that they must of wrote and filmed joaquin phoenix as getting killed but then changed their minds during filming but after he left the set so all future scenes his character is in is filmed so you can't see his head.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

ZeusCannon posted:

Who was it that said the biggest gently caress up of infinite was not having Coop. Because that person is right.

They were supposed to just never got around to putting it in!! So dumb. By the time they do no one will care. Should have just delayed it some more but then that’s a toughie for the xbox flagship title.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They can't even get co op to work on the Master Chief Collection despite the game already supporting crossplay multiplayer.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

ZeusCannon posted:

Is co op story mode as a concept just dead now?

Seems like if you have more than one ps/xbox controller it’s because you’re charging one while using the other

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Like I said, I'm sure the decision to cut coop was backed by lots of market research that said it wasn't an essential feature. That may even be true generally. But it wasn't true for me

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Endless Trash posted:

Is co op story mode as a concept just dead now?

Seems like if you have more than one ps/xbox controller it’s because you’re charging one while using the other

you're never gonna believe this but it's now possible to play co-op games with people who aren't in your house

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

TIP posted:

you're never gonna believe this but it's now possible to play co-op games with people who aren't in your house

Rich Evans and I do not believe you

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

No Mods No Masters posted:

Like I said, I'm sure the decision to cut coop was backed by lots of market research that said it wasn't an essential feature. That may even be true generally. But it wasn't true for me

drat STRAIGHT, BRING HIM BACK

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Time Heidecker: Great show!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Arc Hammer posted:

They can't even get co op to work on the Master Chief Collection despite the game already supporting crossplay multiplayer.

It barely ever works for me. Very buggy

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

hemale in pain posted:

watched the village for the first time and wow that movie is fuckin' dumb as hell!!! my favourite part is that they must of wrote and filmed joaquin phoenix as getting killed but then changed their minds during filming but after he left the set so all future scenes his character is in is filmed so you can't see his head.

They did the same thing on JFK

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Lol that's blatantly terrible, but this might be even worse, just more subtle:
https://twitter.com/SPITFIREVA/status/1507353772628004864?t=OpDFHKypIDQgJSyAf6-09w&s=19

They should make a space m-4 while they're at it and have them pull the forward assist back to charge it a la counter strike.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

hemale in pain posted:

That movie was so dumb i guessed the twist literally something like 3 minutes in, and im a goddamn moron.

And then when i was right i was so loving disappointed.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I watched First Blood again tonight for the first time in a while. That film is so good, the screenplay is tight as a drum. Stallone’s speech at the end is one of the best scenes he’s ever done.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I watched First Blood again tonight for the first time in a while. That film is so good, the screenplay is tight as a drum. Stallone’s speech at the end is one of the best scenes he’s ever done.

That Rocky+Rambo era cemented Stallone as an all time great imo, earned the right to the other 30+ years of questionable movies, he owns

Dr. Thoss posted:

2. Avengers Grimm: Time Wars

It's Asylum's cheap knock-off response to Avengers, but it's all ladies from fairytales and they're fighting Rumpelstilskin.

Hey this actually sounds pretty fuckin cool!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I watched Gandhi (1982)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7I6D3mSYTE

Starring Sir Ben Kingsley as the war-mongering, nuke-obsessed lawyer who managed to best the British Empire (which was apparently ran mostly by men wearing shorts, which would directly lead to Brexit), running them out of India, by using the "let them hit us until they're tired" strat, which tbh I doubt will ever work again in this modern world of ours.

Ben K has beautiful, beautiful eyes, and the movie tends to focus on them only long enough so it makes you miss them when they're off frame... Also I was intrigued by his ears - are they prosthetics? Some angles make them look as if they have some glue, but perhaps he just forgot to clean behind his ears? The commentary on the edition I saw does not explore this issue.

Anyway, one of those "Big" films tailor made for Oscars, I tend to lump it with stuff like The Last Emperor and Lawrence of Arabia. Long, epic historical dramas, with tons of extras, real locations, big ACTING, and so on.

Solid movie, I award this 4 out of 5 Comfys, and some Hair Gro shampoo, to stimulate Ben Kingsley's follicles into action because I can only imagine what a nightmare it must've been to light scenes with that shiny dome reflecting all over the room, maybe fix it in the sequel

Comfy Fleece Sweater fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 26, 2022

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah it kinda goes to poo poo when the Flood show up

Visually and design-wise those levels might not have been the most interesting thing, but I remember they were actually pretty fun to play and satisfying to finally beat when playing co-op on the highest difficulty.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah, it's really good and really interesting that it's like actually a real movie that tries to be about something, which is something I think can surprise people if they are mostly only familair with pop culture Rambo and the sequels.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

There was a dude in my college social circle who told everyone I had terrible taste in movies and his evidence was that I preferred First Blood to the other Rambo movies. He insisted the film was terrible garbage compared to the others and was like "if the first Die Hard movie was about John McLane filling his taxes instead of killing people."

Hated that dipshit.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

I just discovered last night that Shout Factory has a bunch of episodes of Elvira's Movie Macabre up on various streaming services, and since I never got to watch her show when it originally aired (I knew about her back in the day mainly from beer commercials and her first movie), I ended up watching Tombs of the Blind Dead, which I'd read about in the various cult cinema/splatter fanzines of the late 80s and early 90s, but had never actually gotten around to seeing.

It definitely upholds the fine cheesy horror movie tradition of characters making just the stupidest decisions in any given situation. There's also a sexual assault near the end of the movie that comes literally from out of nowhere, given that the man and the woman he assaults have barely met or spent any time on screen together prior to it happening, which kinda sucked the otherwise goofy fun out of the movie. And if you wanted to see people getting chased down and somehow getting caught by spectres/zombies/vampires/whatever they are, that make a Romero zombie look like an Olympic sprinter, then this is definitely the movie for you.

I honestly got more enjoyment out of the Elvira segments, and I'm not just saying that because she's stacked :quagmire:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
:corsair:

I rented those Elvira tapes on VHS. They were the old school oversized boxes too. Great stuff. The stuff on Shoutfactory appears to be episodes of those VHS releases (which were episodes of her TV show) and some newer things she's done. I think those newer things were on Hulu previously. I can't remember all the movies she did on there to compare.

She also did a 3 or 4 movie marathon on Shudder last year that's still up there if you want to check it out.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/STEEEZUSCHRIST/status/1507388759133806592

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
So tired of grimdark jokers

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Bring back a Joker with a painted over mustache.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Bring back Alan Tudyk's joker from the Harley Quinn cartoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raaTXyXXsDM

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

So tired of grimdark jokers

They should make the next Batman movie look like it's going to be all about the Joker but have him get caught within the first 30 minutes and his big scheme was just robbing a jewelry store or something.

And then make the rest of the movie about someone we've never really seen before like Firefly or Zsasz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

mallratcal posted:

And then make the rest of the movie about Bruce Wayne getting over the trauma of his parents' deaths.