Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
liam stop talking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

booing loudly, then wailing with sadness, as it was Franklin I came here for in the first place

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

franklin got rezoned into a mega mall place with maximum parking zones and died sometime in the 21st century

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Franklin went bankrupt due to local government financial mismanagement

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Victory Position posted:

booing loudly, then wailing with sadness, as it was Franklin I came here for in the first place

Franklin was so good, as were the People, Power, Policy (whatever it was called) videos

I’m sad dne gave up on them :saddowns:

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

franklins just another failed goon project

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Endman posted:

Franklin was so good, as were the People, Power, Policy (whatever it was called) videos

I’m sad dne gave up on them :saddowns:

WTYP is probably one hell of a time suck between recording and editing.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

franklin is still good, i don't see how it's a failure

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Zeroisanumber posted:

he should probably do something good instead then

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
if WTYP had “editing” then maybe it would be good

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I don’t begrudge DNE for just doing a shoot the poo poo podcast with his friends rather than continue his high effort YouTube content, but it’s probably my biggest media disappointment of the last 5 years.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Zeroisanumber posted:

just edit out liam talking

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

yeah, franklin was loving great. i’ve bounced off of all of that other stuff.

rip, franklin

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Zeroisanumber posted:

That and they are making a not insignificant amount of patreon money so don't begrudge keeping the gravy train running; though I'd like to think Roz is just building a backlog of content in the background

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
There's just not enough communism in city beautiful or not just bikes.

Or slide projectors.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

John Charity Spring posted:

he should probably do something good instead then

I like it.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

well you're wrong

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

R. Mute posted:

well you're wrong

Nah.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
liam shut the gently caress up

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

My biggest problem with WTYP is that it lacks the primary benefit of the podcast medium, that being the fact that you can listen to them while doing other poo poo. Adding the visual media element with the slides is kind of nice but it feels like something stuck between podcast and youtube documentary right now, with the benefits of neither format and the drawbacks of both.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
it's a pitty DNE didn't start posting until he was drawing pension in his late 60s and expired shortly after

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Retromancer posted:

My biggest problem with WTYP is that it lacks the primary benefit of the podcast medium, that being the fact that you can listen to them while doing other poo poo. Adding the visual media element with the slides is kind of nice but it feels like something stuck between podcast and youtube documentary right now, with the benefits of neither format and the drawbacks of both.

I listen to WTYP while doing other things all the time, I just skip the visual-heavy episodes like the ones on architecture. They're one of my favorites podcasts for a run, interesting but not so detail-heavy that I have to focus to understand the narrative.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
it's not like the podcasters are watching the slides

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

90s Cringe Rock posted:

it's not like the podcasters are watching the slides

Aren't they? I thought they did the podcast over zoom with the slides up. They ask DNE to john madden stuff for them sometimes.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Retromancer posted:

Aren't they? I thought they did the podcast over zoom with the slides up. They ask DNE to john madden stuff for them sometimes.

i mean, in theory they are

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

If DNE wanted to just start a youtube channel about engineering disasters with actual editing and scripts and without the peanut gallery I'd give him all the patreon money.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i think the format is working for them, even if it doesn't work for everyone else

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Doc Hawkins posted:

i think the format is working for them, even if it doesn't work for everyone else
Same shooting the poo poo is much more entertaining than just reading off wikipedia dryly

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
i like the podcast with slides I just have to find time to watch it you know, it's a project

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

shirts and skins posted:

I listen to WTYP while doing other things all the time, I just skip the visual-heavy episodes like the ones on architecture. They're one of my favorites podcasts for a run, interesting but not so detail-heavy that I have to focus to understand the narrative.

Same, WTYP seems perfectly made for gym visits: visual enough to be a more interesting than a normal podcast but not so visual that you have to constantly pay attention to the screen when you're distracted/tired.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Retromancer posted:

My biggest problem with WTYP is liam talking

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
I like the podcast and if you don't then don't follow it. Nobody's forcing you to go watch the videos. Go complain to Liam on Twitter if you don't like him.

......how do you feel about Mike Rowe?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

vortmax posted:

I like the podcast and if you don't then don't follow it. Nobody's forcing you to go watch the videos. Go complain to Liam on Twitter if you don't like him.

......how do you feel about Mike Rowe?
i was talking poo poo about that greasy oaf's stupid, rambling "asides" on numtots a few months back and he actually responded! sadly, he's still talking for some reason.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Retromancer posted:

If DNE wanted to just start a youtube channel about engineering disasters with actual editing and scripts and without the peanut gallery I'd give him all the patreon money.

I like the banter and I don't think I'd enjoy the show as much if it were just DNE doing a straight-man show about engineering disasters.

I watched three+ hours of their Titanic episodes and I had fun and I just can't imagine listening to DNE and a guest go through a dry recitation of the Titanic sinking.

You don't get Ben Guggenheim: Wifeguy from that sort of show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsyRYpxgR4E

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

TenementFunster posted:

i was talking poo poo about that greasy oaf's stupid, rambling "asides" on numtots a few months back and he actually responded! sadly, he's still talking for some reason.
Oh I'm sorry let me remove the gun that's been held to your head this whole time forcing you to watch/listen to the podcast you hate. Now you can stop.

Zeroisanumber posted:

I like the banter and I don't think I'd enjoy the show as much if it were just DNE doing a straight-man show about engineering disasters.

I watched three+ hours of their Titanic episodes and I had fun and I just can't imagine listening to DNE and a guest go through a dry recitation of the Titanic sinking.

This is awesome and I want more of it

vortmax has issued a correction as of 06:40 on Mar 29, 2022

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

vortmax posted:

Oh I'm sorry let me remove the gun that's been held to your head this whole time forcing you to watch/listen to the podcast you hate. Now you can stop.

This is awesome and I want more of it
i like 2/3rds of the podcast! it's just that 1/3rd is very stupid and has nothing of value to add.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Retromancer posted:

This exists and is called Fascinating Horror

https://youtube.com/c/FascinatingHorror

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Zeroisanumber posted:

extremely poor form to not post Brother Stephen instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zu3Co12ocg

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

vortmax posted:

i don't listen anymore because it's very bad. now i just occasionally post about how bad it is. very, is the answer.

people who enjoy it are simply wrong, im sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

R. Mute posted:

i don't listen anymore because it's very bad. now i just occasionally post about how bad it is. very, is the answer.

people who enjoy it are simply wrong, im sorry
agreed. liam is a charmless, goony sadsack.