Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Looking forward to 2 laps behind the safety car and calling it a race lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Rocket to remove the 5 lapped cars with 2 laps to go

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

There's a human rights issue and then just straight-up... danger.

"Heeey guys, if we race, we might paint a target on the entire track, and we as drivers might not be an easy target while racing around, but everyone else is stationary at the track including our teams, mechanics, families and fans... maybe we just don't drive".

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Has F1 ever said no to a country over human rights concerns? All I can think of is drivers boycotting races in Apartheid South Africa.

Never happened. Alan Jones missed South Africa '85 because his sponsors didn't want to be associated with Apartheid, but this was initially kept secret to save embarrassment for South African organisers. They claimed he had the flu instead.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

dsriggs posted:

Never happened. Alan Jones missed South Africa '85 because his sponsors didn't want to be associated with Apartheid, but this was initially kept secret to save embarrassment for South African organisers. They claimed he had the flu instead.

*stares in Seb Vettel*

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Going to change my mega driver to the guy driving away very quickly in the Hilux

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Ferrari wins one race and they start bombing

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Drive to Survive Season 5

Crofter - "PHWOAR AND A MISSILE HITS THE TRACK, I THINK... I THINK LATIFI'S TAKEN AN INCENDIARY STRAIGHT TO THE CHASSIS!"

*Netflix runs footage of the war in Ukraine instead*

Grosjean says "gently caress" just before the missile hits the track.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Don‘t think they‘ll be able to hit the fast cars.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

RIP McLaren

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Or the overheating cars, for that matter. Heat pattern and all.

E: if Alfa would reverse their livery, it might be mistaken for a Red Cross. They could make it.

So hosed up this is going on…

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I stand I solidarity with not canceling me weekends entertainment

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

marshalljim posted:

Bring back Bernie:

Ecclestone greenlights 2017 F1 race at Lime Rock

BY AUTOWEEK STAFF
MAR 31, 2013

the goobers that had houses built near an active race track would never allow this. Also the cars would absolutely catch air on the uphill.

I felt like puking after doing a 30 min session and 1:08 laps in a street car. Can’t imagine an f1 car

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Sunday: 6:00pm - Missile hits track, kills Lewis Hamilton

Sunday: 8:00pm - Christian Horner: "It's unfortunate, but that's racing."

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

Grosjean says "gently caress" just before the missile hits the track.

Hamilton: "that's some dangerous driving, man"

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

:eyepop:

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

refleks posted:

There's a human rights issue and then just straight-up... danger.

"Heeey guys, if we race, we might paint a target on the entire track, and we as drivers might not be an easy target while racing around, but everyone else is stationary at the track including our teams, mechanics, families and fans... maybe we just don't drive".

Helmut Marko: "If you are used to living in Mexico City, it is not much safer there."

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

https://twitter.com/thanos876/status/1507666327732985863?s=21&t=U6c0oAGKTZdFamBgKPxvEw

the madness continues lol

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

very unblessed

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Love to see threats of bombing distract everyone from Marko's racist anecdotes

Also Lewis is in much more danger from the Saudis than any missile

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
The course demands sacrifice

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

There was a pretty interesting interview on German TV with Marco where he was like (loosely translated) „they try these strikes here all the time. I‘m puzzled why this one wasn‘t intercepted. Everything will be fine, they‘ll intercept the next“.

Disgusting.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
So why aren't we racing in Sochi then? If it's ok to race in homophobic petrochemical tyrannies at war?

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields
Because rubles ain't poo poo

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
excellent things happening in the f2, half the race under safety car, putting a safety car through the pit lane message out then closing the pit lane, meaning the leader went through the pit lane and lost 1st

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

#stillicbmrise

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Some NASCAR level bullshit right here. Hauger should just pack up and leave before the track gets bombed.

Reynold fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Mar 26, 2022

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

dsriggs posted:

lmao

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Centusin posted:

excellent things happening in the f2, half the race under safety car, putting a safety car through the pit lane message out then closing the pit lane, meaning the leader went through the pit lane and lost 1st

Apparently it took like four minutes for the medical car to get to the guy who ended up in hospital yesterday, great work all round.

gyrotachometer
Jul 20, 2020

Centusin posted:

also he got a 10sec penalty for going through the pit lane :norway:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Centusin posted:

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Lol this "sport" is so loving dumb.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

tuo posted:

There was a pretty interesting interview on German TV with Marco where he was like (loosely translated) „they try these strikes here all the time. I‘m puzzled why this one wasn‘t intercepted. Everything will be fine, they‘ll intercept the next“.

Disgusting.

This part he’s sort of right about. Yemen has been n this path for almost 20 years and fighting for almost 10. Same thing you’d say in Israel if something made it through the iron dome.

Weird to highlight this when he was straight up racist about Mexico.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Lol it’s dangerous in Mexico but not Saudi Arabia dangerous lmfao. But it is hosed up again ngl

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Disgruntled Austrian turd man is racist? Say it ain’t so.

zhel
Aug 2, 2010

What’s the chance that Sky even mention this going on during FP3? I bet Crofty will be too busy making fun of accents…

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

zhel posted:

What’s the chance that Sky even mention this going on during FP3? I bet Crofty will be too busy making fun of accents…

Won’t it be their job to run PR for an hour and assure everyone that everything is safe?

I imagine they’ll do it in a way that’ll be like “if a rocket hits the track these drivers are gladiators and will continue racing after the safety car”

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I think it’s funny the drivers are more worried about security than what I thought they were supporting which was anti human rights violations lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

ethanol posted:

I think it’s funny the drivers are more worried about security than what I thought they were supporting which was anti human rights violations lmao

Danny Ric: Saudi Arabia bad?!?