Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

visitsaudi.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Cimber posted:

Did they lift Mick out of the car in his seat or did he get out on his own power?
I think in that situation they almost certainly lifted him out even if he felt he could climb out.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Cimber posted:

Did they lift Mick out of the car in his seat or did he get out on his own power?

Also, this: https://streamable.com/95np1m

Am I missing something or is it basically the transmission falling off the engine? The actual part of the car that is protective of the driver remains solid.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Loving the dance music and Boney-M just blasting across the curcuit while a loving driver is taken to the medical center. My surround system is playing it in my left ear.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

gently caress this stupid track

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
is Otmar the only person willing to talk to Crofty?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Theophany posted:

Am I missing something or is it basically the transmission falling off the engine? The actual part of the car that is protective of the driver remains solid.

I don't think the safety cell failed but any time the gearbox gets ripped off it's a nasty wreck

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Well that's good I suppose

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=397e38MA3gU

how the gently caress is this track a thing

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Stop waving the flags what the gently caress lol.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Qmass posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=397e38MA3gU

how the gently caress is this track a thing

Blood money and bribes

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Stop waving the flags what the gently caress lol.

Lol yes, waving double yellow flags during a red flag situation while everyone has been in the pit for 20 minutes

Arm day?

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Always a good sign when the race director is there still yelling into his phone.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Clown show, oil on track stopping restart

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Kloaked00 posted:

Blood money and bribes
F1 avoids bribery scandals by just making it so bribes aren't needed. While FIFA, IOC et al claim to award their respective events to the countries that best deserve it, F1 just runs on an openly 'highest bidder' system where the people deciding also get to play themselves the profit.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Sky saying he appears fine

Good news if true

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Thats really good news that Mick has no broken parts and spoke with his mum.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

fucken airborn off the curb.. hard to turn back to the right then

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Feels Villeneuve posted:

People don't really like having tire barriers next to the track in fast sections because bad things can happen if you clip them.

They're showing some close-ups of it and it doesn't really look like that barrier, but just a straight block. It doesn't appear to be two walls with some crumpling stuff between it to absorb the impact. I hope it's some fancy tech though, because it looks murderous.

edit: Schumacher is OK physically, news from the Haas team.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I don't think the safety cell failed but any time the gearbox gets ripped off it's a nasty wreck

Didn't they make it a requirement that the transmission and back end should break away more easily to help dissipate more energy in an accident under the new regulations though?

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
This track was a shitshow last season and it’s a shitshow now. I really hope folks start speaking out once they leave the country.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Max is jealous of Mick’s relationship with the wall and half of qualifying remains. Watch this space.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Dante posted:

They're showing some close-ups of it and it doesn't really look like that barrier, but just a straight block. It doesn't appear to be two walls with some crumpling stuff between it to absorb the impact. I hope it's some fancy tech though, because it looks murderous.

edit: Schumacher is OK physically, news from the Haas team.
Having now seen the replay, I agree.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Blessed Guenther

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
No injuries??? Holy poo poo.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
i told you. he's fine. goddamn i'm always right. also ferrari own.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

That's a lot of people surrounding that helicopter

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I assume we have to wait for the medical helicopter to return right? I don’t want to put a curse on anyone but please don’t restart without all the medical resources on hand lol.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
https://twitter.com/wearetherace/status/1507785083880624141?t=NnG7H8XBAEth0iBlcaxhCA&s=19

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Solkanar512 posted:

The safety cell held up so the main issue is probably the g-forces trying to rearrange his internals.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Solkanar512 posted:

I am completely shocked that there was no injuries in the multibillion dollar sport that makes cars safer than almost all production cars. Maybe some of that money should loving go into safety for racing that non millionaires partake in.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I assume we have to wait for the medical helicopter to return right? I don’t want to put a curse on anyone but please don’t restart without all the medical resources on hand lol.

They have at least two.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Somebody binned it in the exact same place before, I think in F2? The smudge was still there before Mick slammed into that spot.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The replay shows Mick raising his visor right after the crash, which is a good sign. Doubt HaaS will have two cars tomorrow no matter what.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Ah so good to see him even smiling still. Goddamn at that crash in slow-mo tho

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Lmao Lewis. Just lmao.