Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Solkanar512 posted:

This track was a shitshow last season and it’s a shitshow now. I really hope folks start speaking out once they leave the country.

JFC that the bolded is necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
i'm still lolling at goons crying for fifteen pages about how the dude was definitely dead or whatever when it turns out he was fine and this was probably all just netflix dts scripted drama

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oil on the track under an aramco sign while the refinery burns in the background….

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

remembering now how stupid this track was last year. street circuit in the desert gtfoh

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
pro tip: when it's a really serious accident, Sky F1 don't fill the time hand wringing over Lewis' poo poo rear end quali lap, they get Martin Brundle on to talk about the many times he nearly died.

POCKET CHOMP posted:

i'm still lolling at goons crying for fifteen pages about how the dude was definitely dead or whatever when it turns out he was fine and this was probably all just netflix dts scripted drama

also this

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

learnincurve posted:

Many many people hit that wall in the F2

Yeah it's just a nasty track configuration. You can excuse something like Grosjean at Bahrain because that was a really weird place for a car to crash but that's not an uncommon way to bin it in a fast s-bend section.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

POCKET CHOMP posted:

*Posts 5,000 posts about guillotining people in D&D before turning on F1 qualifying*

Oh no the son of a multimillionaire who is getting paid a shitload of money might've got slightly hurt in a crash 😭😭😭😭😭

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Us: over-dramatic idiots, literally children
You: a wise humorist, seeing rationally through the hysterics

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Theophany posted:

pro tip: when it's a really serious accident, Sky F1 don't fill the time hand wringing over Lewis' poo poo rear end quali lap, they get Martin Brundle on to talk about the many times he nearly died.

On viaplay someone is interviewing Mika who immediately brought up Michael Schumacher's condition which was kinda hilariously insensitive

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Dude a good few of us posting were watching spa 2019 online together, shut the gently caress up.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

?

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

italian quid posted:

*Posts 5,000 posts about guillotining people in D&D before turning on F1 qualifying*

Oh no the son of a multimillionaire who is getting paid a shitload of money might've got slightly hurt in a crash 😭😭😭😭😭

gently caress off with this poo poo.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

POCKET CHOMP posted:

No radio and no replay? There's a reason people get worried. gently caress off.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

POCKET CHOMP posted:

I also think we should wait for someone to die to raise concern

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
everyone, please chill. it's been a weird weekend, but we don't have to fight with each other! :cheers:

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

italian quid posted:

a good post, OP but afraid you're gonna eat another probe for speaking truth to power.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Commentator on the viaplay channel confirmed that the blocks at the impact site are just individual 4 ton concrete block that are bolted to each other (and not the ground). Seems wild, I mean I guess it's good that they can move slightly to dissipate impact, but it's literally a heavy concrete wall.

edit: Confirmed that Schumacher has no physical injuries.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

F1TV showing the Merc garage, with Mics’ crash audio in the background

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Why didn’t you tell us you could see him moving then Croft you utter TWUNT

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Dante posted:

Commentator on the feed confirmed that the blocks at the impact site are just individual 4 ton concrete block that are bolted to each other (and not the ground). Seems wild, I mean I guess it's good that they can move slightly to dissipate impact, but it's literally a heavy concrete wall.

In the US we call them Jersey barriers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_barrier

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Solkanar512 posted:

We can talk seriously about how the FIA actively obstructs better essential safety equipment like superior helmet certifications in karting if you want to seriously want to talk about safety and a group of us actively got told we can't use the ECE helmet standard as opposed to the SA standard which was designed for passenger car impacts, if you're just crying because you watched a crash for the first time maybe you should be the one who fucks off.

The hand wringing over safety in F1 when they get given everything and the every man racing gets gently caress all attention is horrendous and my eyes roll into the back of my head every time people react like this over an F1 crash.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Pragmatica posted:

everyone, please chill. it's been a weird weekend, but we don't have to fight with each other! :cheers:

You've been posting in this thread for too long to say something like this lol

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

This quali is going to run over two hours :0

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Who's going to be the arsehole who pushes Mick out of the top ten?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Solkanar512 posted:

touched a nerve? lol

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Xakura posted:

No radio and no replay? There's a reason people get worried. gently caress off.

No replay is now mandated as long as the driver condition is unknown. Stations used to ghoulishly re-run crashes where drivers got injured or died, so now the F1 broadcast contract forbids that. Once the driver is confirmed okay, you'll notice we got plenty of replays and angles.

Radio contact was lost in the crash, so there was no 'okay' message possible.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Kmag in 7th

e: Make that 8th. Ooof mclaren

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Pablo Bluth posted:

Who's going to be the arsehole who pushes Mick out of the top ten?

I mean that car isn't going to get repaired in time even if Mick somehow got cleared.

Also lmao both McLarens out

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

papaya is poo poo

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Good on Gasly

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Dante posted:

I mean that car isn't going to get repaired in time even if Mick somehow got cleared.

Geunther has already said it's not worth the risk to try even if Mick is cleared

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

boxcarhobo posted:

papaya is poo poo

scud supremacy ftw

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Mokotow posted:

This quali is going to run over two hours :0

Red Bull is doomed.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Theophany posted:

scud supremacy ftw

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Russel is literally the only mercedes engine in Q3 :psyduck:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Are George dragging a shitbox into Q3 once again lads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Dante posted:

Also lmao both McLarens out

Poopooyas