Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Entering a new catacomb and immediately finding the boss door, only to be greeted with "the door is blocked by some contraption" yet again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

the PVP sucks really badly in this game, did a few invasions for barre and the damage for everyone is super unbalanced. win or lose it just depends who hits first and isntnlaly nearly one shots the other and staggers them. Also every invasion meaning I'm heading into usually three dudes is pretty fail considering the damage

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got the tude now posted:

If you look carefully you can see the erdtree as well. Epic design as usual

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

you can see the mountaintops of giants and the forge from the second you enter the open world

Lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

EmmyOk posted:

the PVP sucks really badly in this game, did a few invasions for barre and the damage for everyone is super unbalanced. win or lose it just depends who hits first and isntnlaly nearly one shots the other and staggers them. Also every invasion meaning I'm heading into usually three dudes is pretty fail considering the damage

ive soured a bit on the pvp too and i wish there was a pvp area like the forest or bell tower or aldritch faithful... or make the tongue like the blue and white cipher rings so i can just enable invasions full time

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
they should probably nerf the katana with the weapon art that will kill in one hit too but im not a game designer

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Spent all afternoon cooping with a buddy through stormveil & some of weeping peninsula and had the time of my life. Watching your friend get blown the gently caress out by a bleed build invader or fall into a trap that you already know about, while getting to hear them on voice chat go “OH NOOOOO,” is just exquisite. Love this fuckin game

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they should probably nerf the katana with the weapon art that will kill in one hit too but im not a game designer

every weapon art I've been hit with has done this or similar when I use mine so it ends up just really unfun with people spamming this and usually you lose because the host and two friends are rushing at you

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

which one

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Really though in general player damage to other players is too high at high levels, like you can compare player HP from Dark Souls 3 to Elden Ring and they're about the same, but then player damage is way higher. That's a good thing in PvE but not good in PvP so if they have some way to just lower the damage players do to each other that'd be good. They probably shouldn't nerf specific weapons for PvP balance because it would often make those weapons useless in PvE which I don't think is worth it (again unless they can do targeted "only versus other players" nerfs)

In the meantime lower-level PvP is pretty fun. If you max out at like 80 you can have some good matches and fun invasions.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Harrow posted:

which one

rivers of blood.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

rivers of blood.

Oh yeah that one needs a nerf lol, it's like Night and Flame level busted

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Harrow posted:

Oh yeah that one needs a nerf lol, it's like Night and Flame level busted

it owns but it makes me so salty lmao

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If you want a fun Arcane weapon that you can use without feeling like you're walking AIDS then try Bloody Helice. Really fun heavy thrusting sword with a weapon art that's evasive like Bloodhound Fang

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Bloody helice is pretty good with minimal investment on my str guy, really all the heavy rapiers seem good.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i use rivers of blood on my pvp character but i onlg use the weapon art if my target tries to cheese me with something equally busted. otherwise i just make them look pathetic by killing them with crouching r1s

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

OK I don't mind most of the reused bosses but I don't like having wish.com Astel at the end of some random dungeon, it's too unique a boss to cheapen with an unexplained twin and the relight is v annoying

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

OK I don't mind most of the reused bosses but I don't like having wish.com Astel at the end of some random dungeon, it's too unique a boss to cheapen with an unexplained twin and the relight is v annoying

I didn't mind that too much since I was definitely overpowered for the first fight against that boss so I enjoyed having to learn the fight, but it was definitely very confusing lol

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Same it’s like a conversation with the devs and we’ve been best friends for years and we’re just pallin around

It's very hard to stay mad at them. I was fighting the Valiant Gargoyle in the forbidden city and it was kicking my rear end but I got it down to half health and I was feeling good, and then another Valiant Gargoyle entered the arena and all I could think was "From, you old dogs"

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

If you look carefully you can see the erdtree as well. Epic design as usual

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

you can see the mountaintops of giants and the forge from the second you enter the open world

lol

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Fiend Matador posted:

I didn't mind that too much since I was definitely overpowered for the first fight against that boss so I enjoyed having to learn the fight, but it was definitely very confusing lol

I saw some lore speculation that "Astel" isn't a name but a type of creature, and that the Fallingstar Beasts and the hanging mini-Astels that shoot things at you in Nokstella are earlier parts of its life cycle

Still felt weird to have that one repeated, though, especially when the main one has a Remembrance and everything

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i lol'd when one of the gaol bosses is just godrick's never mentioned before brother lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i lol'd when one of the gaol bosses is just godrick's never mentioned before brother lol
I wonder how many people didn't catch that and just thought it was a random refight (which it basically was).

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

American McGay posted:

Knuc is gonna gently caress your rear end raw for this post dude.

I realised I misread Emmys post because it said “body”, I assumed he was dead. Sorry to all for the old school psycho-style posting.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Harrow posted:

I saw some lore speculation that "Astel" isn't a name but a type of creature, and that the Fallingstar Beasts and the hanging mini-Astels that shoot things at you in Nokstella are earlier parts of its life cycle

Still felt weird to have that one repeated, though, especially when the main one has a Remembrance and everything

i think that was me nd now i think them and the stone lords are all different creatures but yeah i think the lovely hanging rock guys are just partially grown astels. so imo it makes sense theres more than one full grown astel

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Fungah! posted:

i think that was me nd now i think them and the stone lords are all different creatures but yeah i think the lovely hanging rock guys are just partially grown astels. so imo it makes sense theres more than one full grown astel

Yeah at least the alabaster/onyx lords are probably a different type of thing. I do think there's a connection between the fallingstar beasts and the astels, since they have the same kind of pincers and in the full-grown fallingstar beast you can see it growing a weird eye like what the Astels have in the middle of their skulls. But they could just be from the same place rather than being the same type of creature

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Harrow posted:

Yeah at least the alabaster/onyx lords are probably a different type of thing. I do think there's a connection between the fallingstar beasts and the astels, since they have the same kind of pincers and in the full-grown fallingstar beast you can see it growing a weird eye like what the Astels have in the middle of their skulls. But they could just be from the same place rather than being the same type of creature

Definitely, they're the same type of critter imo

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Chalice dungeons are epic and every dungeon in elden ring is too, including the chariot dungeons and ones that that end in a rotting tree penis or like a single bear

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i think the chariots are bad rear end

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the giant bears will gently caress you up

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

the captain O’Neill fight loving rules, can’t believe that’s just like a side dungeon. what a badass

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

About halfway through my second playthrough and the weirdest thing to me is still how weak lava is. It's not just weak for these games, this is like some of the weakest lava in all of video games.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its very low tier magma

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Bowser wouldn't stand for this poo poo.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

hoo boy this twin gargoyle fight is a whole new level of stupid. dammit from

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

I like every single thing in the game. Even when you get to the end of some hidden path and there’s a dead body with 3x Mushrooms on it. I chuckle and I savor it.

the reward in that case is checking off that path imo. it's like in dragon quest when you find a dead end in a cave or a medical herb long after you need them, you just know that's a dead end and get that much closer to figuring the dungeon out.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

holy poo poo commander niall is a 100x better boss fight than i thought hed be

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Was dissapointed when his leg didn't replace mine. Yeah pvp is just best at lower levels. Started a new STR focused character. Was fun just rolling dual katana users with my great axe and buttslaming idiots. One some 2 v 1s that way. Coop is fun too, keep getting called for Patches, keep sorry for the poor guy.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Game could use an auto-craft toggle so I don't have to remember to keep my grenades topped up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

every single boss now apparently deciding they should leave behind area of effect damage on every single attack as well as every status effect doing chip damage and exploding like bleed when it builds sucks lol. Bird skeleton two is as fail as bird skeleton one but I randomly take damage because every attack it does just covers the place in frost fire