Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Wiltsghost posted:

Septimus seems to be pretty popular. A new version is in beta and should be out by the end of the week. Looks to be pretty good. New weather and a bunch of other stuff.

There's no point trying to update without a clean restart right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Epi Lepi posted:

There's no point trying to update without a clean restart right?

Yeah, there's pretty much zero chance an old save would work with a new update. They change way too much.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

winterwerefox posted:

Reinstalled everything, all under just MO2, load in, still crash when summoning dragon priests. look in the data/mesh folder, see the dragon priest .nifs in there, delete them, and now it doesnt crash when I summon up a dragon priest. who knows. Now to figure out why moonlight tales howl system isnt working.

Just FYI since I haven’t seen anyone else mention, JoP is pretty outdated at this point and mods like Improved Camera Beta does the same thing but without needing patches or anything

Also maybe check out Nemesis Behavior Engine over FNIS, I’ve been having better luck with it.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I played septimus 3 for about 8 hours now.

Considering I didn't make it myself I'm pretty impressed with how well it does what I want it to. It's been very stable, it looks pretty, It still feels like Skyrim. It's even played reasonably well with the couple of mods I added to the setup.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have an opinion on the best lightweight mod that allows you to alter follower inventories and armor? Septimus doesn't have anything for it and I really consider that a necessary part of the game. I'd like to find a mod that has fewer conflicts than the general follower mods that alter a ton of stuff.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Eifert Posting posted:

Does anyone have an opinion on the best lightweight mod that allows you to alter follower inventories and armor? Septimus doesn't have anything for it and I really consider that a necessary part of the game. I'd like to find a mod that has fewer conflicts than the general follower mods that alter a ton of stuff.

maybe I'm misunderstanding "alter follow inventories" but you can do that in the vanilla game.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They don't seem to wear armor you guve them in vanilla.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Oh, right. Septimus is one of the lists without nff. That sucks.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Eifert Posting posted:

They don't seem to wear armor you guve them in vanilla.
It depends upon what you give them and what their "armor" already is. For example, Lydia seems to have defensive abilities roughly equivalent to iron armor by default, so if you give her steel or better pieces, she'll wear them IIRC.

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010
It also seems to depend on what armor they're good at wearing. I recently did the Saints & Seducers quest and my follower, Derkeethus, would put on the light armor of the Seducers but not the heavy armor of the Saints. The Armor of the Seducers looks as dumb as you'd think, but at least it's mildly funny putting it on a male. Extra points for being an Argonian running around half-naked in Skyrim.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'll try just giving things to folks before I mod in something extra. Maybe that will work.

Either way I've already added a couple of basic mods to the load order and the game is still been more stable than anything I did myself back in the day. I think I've had maybe four crashes to desktop over 10 to 12 hours of play.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I added NFF to my Septimus play through and haven’t had any issues. Unfortunately the follower who’s gear I want to change most is Lucien and he’s got his own framework that doesn’t let you mess with his robes which is a bummer. I console commanded him to wear different robes once but when I gave him an item a little later it reverted.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

edit: nvm

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Epi Lepi posted:

I added NFF to my Septimus play through and haven’t had any issues. Unfortunately the follower who’s gear I want to change most is Lucien and he’s got his own framework that doesn’t let you mess with his robes which is a bummer. I console commanded him to wear different robes once but when I gave him an item a little later it reverted.

If you got a space for another mod, this works on anybody: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/28736?tab=posts

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Has anyone run into Skyrim failing to launch via Mod Organizer 2 because ucrtbase.dll causes an error?

Skyrim_SE.exe runs fine on it's own.
SKSE_Loader.exe runs Skyrim_SE.exe fine on it's own.
When I try either through MO2 v2.4.4, it fails.

Digging through Windows Error Reporting is how I found ucrtbase.dll throwing an exception. Googling shows a few other people having issues with that DLL but either never resolving it or resolving it by removing audio software.

Any ideas?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Gonkish posted:

The author that handles the CC patches for LotD (Jelidity) has had to rework pretty much all of the CC patches because of changes made to the packages in AE, as well as creating the patches for the new stuff, and thus LotD still doesn't play well with AE CC stuff (the mod page is actually hidden on Nexus right now). Sightless Pit is thus kind of a mess because of conflicting edits that essentially break the latter part of the dungeon (CC and LotD place content in nearly the same spot, including stuff like walls, so it just doesn't work well and needs to be resolved with a patch).

It's a LOT of work, so right now there's no compatibility between AE CC stuff and LotD.

follow up, going by the nexus page I THINK it's all been fixed, am I right? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/31563?tab=description 5.0.0 looks to have added all the AE support.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Arivia posted:

follow up, going by the nexus page I THINK it's all been fixed, am I right? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/31563?tab=description 5.0.0 looks to have added all the AE support.

Yep, he updated it a few weeks ago now. Haven't actually gotten to Sightless Pit yet to check it out, hopefully it's all working.

SetSliRol
Apr 30, 2021

"The power of the Marfalump idea is it's one, simple idea. It's not about Pepsi or Star Wars. It's about a character that loves both."

Ynglaur posted:

Has anyone run into Skyrim failing to launch via Mod Organizer 2 because ucrtbase.dll causes an error?

Skyrim_SE.exe runs fine on it's own.
SKSE_Loader.exe runs Skyrim_SE.exe fine on it's own.
When I try either through MO2 v2.4.4, it fails.

Digging through Windows Error Reporting is how I found ucrtbase.dll throwing an exception. Googling shows a few other people having issues with that DLL but either never resolving it or resolving it by removing audio software.

Any ideas?

I had a similar issue where I installed a new antivirus on my computer and it kept SKSE from launching through MO2. Disabling the antivirus solved the issue. I'm not sure if that's exactly what's going on in your case, but I hope it helps.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Yeah, Bitdefender at least locks out ModOrganizer 2 unless you grant it (and basically all the tools that you run through it) exceptions.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

I figured it out, finally. I had stuff in my Overwrite folder from a much earlier install. Once deleted, all was well.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

dwarf74 posted:

Yeah, Bitdefender at least locks out ModOrganizer 2 unless you grant it (and basically all the tools that you run through it) exceptions.

ModOrganizer itself pops up warnings about apps it knows might cause problems in the log when you start it up, so that helps you know what's going on.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Got back into Skyrim modding in a big way for the first time in many years and wow Skyrim modding is such a better scene than Fallout 4 is. Really enjoying my time but a shame that SPERG is probably never going to be updated for AE. I did a game with Ordinator and kinda hated it extremely because all the perks seemed like hyper specific. Vokrii seems a much more generalist approach and reminds me of SPERG. Also really glad I bought a Nexus lifetime premium 6 or 7 years ago.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Yeah I really liked SPERG but am going to use Vokrii since it's part of STEP.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

looks like septimus will be putting out version 3 soon, and has a ton of new mods/changes.

its dropping the EnaiRim setup for a different one, though reading the perk mod Adamant, it seems more boring than Ordinator, so im not sure im a fan. might stay on my current version.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Mysticism 2 is out finally.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/27839?tab=posts

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011
Now that the dust has settled a bit are there any must have mods that do not have an AE version? I assume only some mods only had to be updated right?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

dbzfandiego posted:

Now that the dust has settled a bit are there any must have mods that do not have an AE version? I assume only some mods only had to be updated right?

The only one that I can think of off the top of my head is .NET framework, which still hasn't been updated. Other than that, anything that actually needed to be updated has been by now. There's a few other smaller mods that haven't been touched, but even DAR has been updated after the author reappeared out of the ether to make it work with AE.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

dbzfandiego posted:

SPERG

ASIS and Automated Variants never got ported properly but might work?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

cheesetriangles posted:

Got back into Skyrim modding in a big way for the first time in many years and wow Skyrim modding is such a better scene than Fallout 4 is. Really enjoying my time but a shame that SPERG is probably never going to be updated for AE. I did a game with Ordinator and kinda hated it extremely because all the perks seemed like hyper specific. Vokrii seems a much more generalist approach and reminds me of SPERG. Also really glad I bought a Nexus lifetime premium 6 or 7 years ago.

With a few notable exceptions, the FO4 modding scene honestly kind of sucks. It’s just pages and pages of boobs and guns.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Whiterun thane bugged. Alack.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ynglaur posted:

SPERG

ASIS and Automated Variants never got ported properly but might work?
wasn't SPERG goon-made? fix it, you goon!

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Powerofthree's season wizardy looks good, but how does it play with weather mods that have "seasonal" weathers, like Kyne's Weathers and Seasons? Just run DynDOLOD and call it a day?

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Powerofthree's season wizardy looks good, but how does it play with weather mods that have "seasonal" weathers, like Kyne's Weathers and Seasons? Just run DynDOLOD and call it a day?

pretty much
if the seasons in your weather mod vary from vanilla Skyrim seasons you can change when your seasons change in Seasons of Skyrim to match the weather mod
there are also mods to change plants and trees to winter variants listed on SoS mod page

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

queeb posted:

looks like septimus will be putting out version 3 soon, and has a ton of new mods/changes.

its dropping the EnaiRim setup for a different one, though reading the perk mod Adamant, it seems more boring than Ordinator, so im not sure im a fan. might stay on my current version.

This makes me sad, I was looking forward to Septimus 3 as the LOTD/AE modpack I wanted but uncool perks are boring.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I really liked Septimus as a modlist as it really meshed with my own personal tastes. But I'm not really feeling the direction of Septimus 3 where they jettisoned Vokrii in favor of Adamant.

dbzfandiego posted:

.NET Framework
Scrambled Bugs
Some sort of HitStop
Some sort of 3rd person 1st person camera
Nether's Follower Framework
NPC AI Process Position Fix - SSE
Hide Your Quests
Frozen Electrocuted Combustion

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

iceyman posted:

I really liked Septimus as a modlist as it really meshed with my own personal tastes. But I'm not really feeling the direction of Septimus 3 where they jettisoned Vokrii in favor of Adamant.

.NET Framework
Scrambled Bugs
Some sort of HitStop
Some sort of 3rd person 1st person camera
Nether's Follower Framework
NPC AI Process Position Fix - SSE
Hide Your Quests
Frozen Electrocuted Combustion

Apparently NFF works on Anniversary Edition as is, or so people in the comments claim. As for FEC, apparently a mod called burn freeze shock effects for sse patch does roughly the same thing and works on AE.

This page here shows a fairly comprehensive list of what is and isn't AE compatible these days.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

itsfunny that everyones favourite overhaul mod in here is named after a slur y'all, folx, etc

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

dragon wall words UM, OK, COOL?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Is there a good list that is just vanilla+ visuals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
neat

https://i.imgur.com/k2YBo35.mp4

Detection Meter