Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zapatistas don't even let people smoke weed, incredibly oppressive statists imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezdcJHpAFSA

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Fully sick.

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
answers all my questions

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

The Nastier Nate posted:

I always thought they could try a live action critic reboot. Yes I know the job of film critic hasnt existed for 20 years so he'd have to have like a movie podcast or something

Whats Jon Lovitz doing? Nothing?
he had a bit part in Space Force S2E7, just been binging it and remembered this post lol

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Peggotty posted:

ok now I’m curious which specific Netflix show you consider as important as the entirety of books, movies, sports and video games combined

like, seriously, what are the good Netflix shows?

Not technically a show because production halted for whatever reason and the three existing episodes got packaged as a movie, but I just watched The House and the first two vignettes were some of the best weird, grimy horror I've seen in a while. The third was a comedy about letting go of the past for some reason and it was okay too, I guess.

Beyond that 2022's been pretty garbage.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/TiffanyAndCo/status/1507705338828570625

:effort:

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Wait thats supposed to be ironic right

Right

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Is it, like, a rule that all NFTs have to look like complete garbage?

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

PostNouveau posted:

with some scams you want to make it obvious so you don't waste time responding to anyone with any critical thinking ability

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

it's one of those unwritten rules, like in baseball

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

WampaLord posted:

I think baseball wrote down all their rules. There are, like, so many of them.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
i wonder if all of these businesses that have "gotten in to the NFT space" in the last year because of some CEO's brainfart are bewildered by the complete lack of interest in their NFTs

like if you don't understand that the key to the whole grift is fraudulently insider bidding the price up and then tossing the hot potato to some rube, it must be genuinely confusing

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

I think baseball wrote down all their rules. There are, like, so many of them.

no all those unwritten ones like "don't flip your bat" or "don't pimp a home run too hard" where you get beaned the next time you're up if you violate them

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

PostNouveau posted:

It's not conspicuous consumption if you're buying poo poo people need or want

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

WampaLord posted:

You'd think this but then you go back to 1st from 3rd the wrong way and now you can't get into the hall of fame

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

tokin opposition posted:

if (user == bust rodd)
print("bust rodd")
end

if (userClass =< mod)
print ("mods knew")
end

if (postAffect = negative)
print ("lol lmao")
else
print ("hell yeah")

what are you doing

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Feral Integral posted:

what are you doing

posting

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
https://navigator.health.org.uk/theme/john-snow-and-broad-street-cholera-outbreak

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Older millennials have it the worst trying to buy a home right now, fueling a feeling of futility that will linger for decades

non-paywall link:
https://archive.ph/XmDHd#selection-1491.0-1491.126

The Article posted:

"It has put them in a very difficult situation, where they may even say things like, for them, the American Dream is out of reach," said Jason Dorsey, the president of the Center for Generational Kinetics, which publishes research on generations for business strategy.

no poo poo?

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Lol now imagine living in Canada where the price/income ratio is double that of the US in 2008 but what our politicians / banks learned from the crash was to never let prices decline under any circumstances

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

evilpicard posted:

Lol now imagine living in Canada where the price/income ratio is double that of the US in 2008 but what our politicians / banks learned from the crash was to never let prices decline under any circumstances

I really do feel despondent over the situation. I’m the demographic the article covers and it’s spot on.

In all of my recent interviews (thank god I got a job) I received the “where do you see yourself in five years?” question. I answered plainly and honestly to all of them: “I graduated into the Great Recession and housing crisis. Just as I was starting to feel good about my career and (delayed) life trajectory the pandemic wrecked my career. The only thing I’ve experienced since graduation is uncertainty and extreme instability. The past year saw rise in housing costs of 21% where I live against already insufficient and stagnant wages. I can’t honestly answer that question ever I don’t believe.”

the recruiters in my field (accounting) are so desperate that nobody winced when I provided that answer. it’s a hosed up situation for everyone and not looking very optimistic at all for anyone.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I think they were hoping for you to say "senior accountant" or some poo poo. lol

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Amphigory posted:

I think they were hoping for you to say "senior accountant" or some poo poo. lol

ok, boomer

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

19 o'clock posted:

Older millennials have it the worst trying to buy a home right now, fueling a feeling of futility that will linger for decades

non-paywall link:

no poo poo?

Center for generational kinetics is quite a name

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

19 o'clock posted:

non-paywall link:

no poo poo?

I'm getting to a point where rents for even efficiency apartments are getting to be more than half my monthly income. So I got it in my head to, like, get a new job, and a second job, and maybe move in with my parents for a year to save up for a down payment on a house. Then I looked at the market around here, and everything in my price range is either gutted completely by someone who I guess gave up on trying to flip the house, or stuff that's in flood zones. It's really cool.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

My wife and I both make over 100k in a second tier city and we rent half a duplex from my inlaws lol.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
housing prices going up.

now interest rates are gonna keep bumping up, too.

can’t wait to be poor again in a year when I don’t receive a 20% raise to compensate for this poo poo.

how come millennials aren’t having kids and are depressed wrecks as humans?

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

*rushes into thread, gasping for air*

Guys! I figured out the content stealing thing!

The only ethical choice is to steal all media! Capital will only pay labor as much as they have to. Profitability is mostly irrelevant to compensation, except for the obvious objection:

a bootlicker posted:

But if the capitalists can't make any money selling media, they will stop making it!

Exactly! The process of media production can then be desocialized and individuals or small groups will go back to making it again, and then you can pay them!

Also sorry millennials you're hosed, but at least you are not as hosed as whoever comes after you!

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

evilpicard posted:

My wife and I both make over 100k in a second tier city and we rent half a duplex from my inlaws lol.
I'm making just south of six figures and was looking into buying a place with another couple of millennials (because no way in hell I can afford a place on my own) and it's loving laughable.

Part of me wants to say something has to give, there's no way people can keep affording to be able to do this, but then another part of me knows that private equity is aware they can just keep jacking rents up forever and people have no choice other than to keep paying them, especially when both private equity and the boomers fight any change to housing density tooth and loving nail.

They're going to make our whole generation loving miserable just so they can eke out a few extra percentages, and no one is ever going to do anything about it, because as it turns out, they've figured out the formula to get people to tolerate basically anything.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

evilpicard posted:

so you’re like really, embarrassingly bad with money

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
I’m already miserable.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The houses in the Seattle region will randomly just spike in price for no reason every month. Not quite sure how you buy one unless you're a household with all members making FAANG/Mikkkro$$$oft dollars.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

indigi posted:

Or really good with money, making a ton of it yet living in a cheap place rented from family

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The houses in the Seattle region will randomly just spike in price for no reason every month. Not quite sure how you buy one unless you're a household with all members making FAANG/Mikkkro$$$oft dollars.
Bigamy is going to have to be legalized, because polycules are going to be the only way anyone will be about to afford a house.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

indigi posted:

Even at nominal interest rates these $1mm homes cost like $5k a month in mortgage fees, never mind property, tax home repairs, and insurance.

Every 1% costs another $800 a month lmao

I'm not dumb enough to buy a condo

And the rental market basically doesn't exist if you have kids or work from home... the last time I checked there were 2 3+ bedroom rentals vacancies IN MY ENTIRE CITY

edit: If you're wondering why I didn't buy a house 15 years ago it's because I was homeless due to growing up in pretty severe poverty in an abusive family and also having some pretty serious health issues also gently caress off

COPE 27 has issued a correction as of 01:53 on Mar 28, 2022

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Complications posted:

with some scams you want to make it obvious so you don't waste time responding to anyone with any critical thinking ability

microsoft research published a paper on email scams that came to this conclusion - if the nigerian prince was able to spell well and had a solid backstory, he might catch someone that is dumb enough to respond but smart enough to back out before buying the “black money cleaning fluid” to clean the dyed money that he gave them. so you want to filter for very stupid people so you don’t waste your time.

I never thought about how it applies to NFTs but, lmao

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Ham Equity posted:

Bigamy is going to have to be legalized, because polycules are going to be the only way anyone will be about to afford a house.

I'm accepting applications for six figgie supermodels to start a compound with. I'm the ideas guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

PokeJoe posted:

I'm accepting applications for six figgie supermodels to start a compound with. I'm the ideas guy

this

i'll take anyone though milfs, himbos, bimbos, white dudes who are a little too obsessed with wars, etc.