Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

One quick trick to keeping hospitals from overflowing

Lmao at the swedes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

turns out midsommar was a documentary

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

they need to make a version of it’s a wonderful life that shows what would happen if China open bidened and global supply chains collapsed bc sick factory workers can’t just work from home to show idiot op ed writers screaming for Covid zero to be dropped

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

power word- Jeb! posted:

turns out midsommar was a documentary

how quickly everyone forgets the old ways

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

FrancisFukyomama posted:

they need to make a version of it’s a wonderful life that shows what would happen if China open bidened and global supply chains collapsed bc sick factory workers can’t just work from home to show idiot op ed writers screaming for Covid zero to be dropped

Try watching the news in three months

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
shouldn't the usa have a big ba2 wave right about now?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

cum jabbar posted:

shouldn't the usa have a big ba2 wave right about now?

This week, yeah. Cease societal functions immediately if you want to live

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
NY State has been reporting XX% increases week on week for the last 5 or so days and that's with the dogshit utterly bankrupt surveillance system that is barely extant

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Counterpoint: both the U.S. and Japan have unhinged work cultures. Don’t go to work in a mask. Just don’t go.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Stereotype posted:

I’m gonna be so mad when there’s inevitably another surge and I have to hear even a single person sound even a little bit surprised.

😡

Endemic

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
i took the affirmation from this thread and bought a bike today cuz why not also china's crackin 5k+ cases two days in a row

now it needs to be not 38 degrees and raining, ever

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pingui posted:

Reads like this thread (and I have highlighted to emphasize that):

Osterholm should have had an account a while back, but Gonsalves seems like he also needs one.

Osterholm was saying some dumb stuff a month or two ago.

It’s good that he’s back to his old self.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Another 318k case day in good old South Korea - 1/154th of your population pozzing every day is great way to get herd immunity! :sun: (herd immunity doesn't work this way, especially with COVID)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pingui posted:

quote:

patients with type 2 diabetes (OR, 0.4; 95% CI, 0.2 - 0.7) had a lower risk of developing long COVID symptoms.

’Murica is saved!

Pingui posted:

**The noted reduction in PASC among type 2 diabetes sufferers I would assume to be survivor bias.

…gently caress

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

It's called social murder, OP.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

coke posted:

lol seconding this

if anything, this past few years just got me used to talking with the 7500 respirator on and now i'm used to project my voice and can hold a conversation normally, seems like they really designed it for workplace/long term wearing as they are so comfy

D&D thinks that

:ducksiren: industrial gas masks :ducksiren:

is the sickest burn ever.

It’s a proven solution and the only things standing between them and freedom are twenty-five bucks their crippling social anxiety.

Who gives a poo poo if it turns heads? The truth is that they have some growing up to do.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Horseshoe theory posted:

It's called social murder, OP.

I think that one's just murder murder

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Gunshow Poophole posted:

i took the affirmation from this thread and bought a bike today cuz why not also china's crackin 5k+ cases two days in a row

now it needs to be not 38 degrees and raining, ever

Hell yeah. My new bike is supposed to show up tomorrow but it's FedEx so ?:shrug:?

I also just dropped off one of my old bikes to a friend so hopefully future rides. Safely.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pingui posted:

Note that these are not peer-reviewed and the cohorts are 60+ years old. We would not expect to see the same numbers in a younger cohort.

Seventy-eight percent reduction in mortality?

Can the treasury really spare twenty bucks for that?

Real talk: it’s not about the cost of the shots. Certain people see this as an opportunity to “balance the books” on social security. Journalists and the public are happy to pretend it’s not happening.

Fake edit: I had this response typed up and was scrolling to the end of the page before posting it.

Speak of the Devil.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

:godwinning:

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
What the gently caress happened in Sweden

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Paradoxish posted:

same thing happening everywhere

backslide into a rightwing woodchipper

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Potato Salad posted:

same thing happening everywhere

backslide into a rightwing woodchipper

Now now.

Centrists are at least as enthusiastic about it as the right.

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

centrists won't PUSH you into the Hitlerchipper, but they WILL lube the feed tray

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Paradoxish posted:

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/120411-crazy-swedes-the-thing

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Paradoxish posted:

Open Andersson

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Centrists will see the pros and cons of the Hitlerchipper and stay rationally neutral about it.

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

Lastgirl posted:

This week, yeah. Cease societal functions immediately if you want to live

I was supposed to go back for my permanent crown for my tooth (temporary out on in early DEC) all the way back in Jan and my rescheduled appt is for this Tuesday morning lmao. What timing! Wish it had been two weeks ago.

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

when you see a couple at the grocery store and only one is wearing a mask

Octal
Jan 30, 2003

It is haram to draw images of mythical beasts even if it never existed in reality

Platystemon posted:

D&D thinks that

:ducksiren: industrial gas masks :ducksiren:

is the sickest burn ever.

It’s a proven solution and the only things standing between them and freedom are twenty-five bucks their crippling social anxiety.

Who gives a poo poo if it turns heads? The truth is that they have some growing up to do.

where can I get a good mask at $25 ? Preferably a large for my big dumb head.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Only pop in here on occasion due to mental health reasons but can someone give me a quick recap on where we are with data on ba.2 reinfection and maybe efficacy numbers on 4 shots? I thought I saw some report on the 4th but I think it was embedded in a tweet and I can't figure out how to search for it.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

not many people wearing masks around here anymore. one of the mask wearers had a KN95 upside down covering their chin.

the KN95 has "KN95" printed on one of its sides so it is really, really easy to see if you are wearing the mask right side up. although if you were going to put it over your chin it really doesnt matter

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

bedpan posted:

not many people wearing masks around here anymore. one of the mask wearers had a KN95 upside down covering their chin.

the KN95 has "KN95" printed on one of its sides so it is really, really easy to see if you are wearing the mask right side up. although if you were going to put it over your chin it really doesnt matter

this is to catch the virus off guard so you can parry and then riposte

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Octal posted:

where can I get a good mask at $25 ? Preferably a large for my big dumb head.

This may be at stock at a Home Depot near you. That’s my benchmark.

As for big and comfortable,

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/3m/6503/6149432
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/3m/7093B/6827876

But that’s a little more than twenty‐five bucks, plus shipping.

You can find the 6503 respirator body cheaper elsewhere, but the 7093 filter cartridges (that are also the set in the Home Depot kit, by the way) are often sold only by the case.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Why Am I So Tired posted:

Getting nervous about the supply chain thing too. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good, affordable treadmill (that can be delivered or fit inside a Honda Civic)? Or spinning bike? Don't really want to splurge on a Sole F63 but maybe that's the smart option if I can figure out the delivery situation.

i bought a used Sole elliptical a few months ago and it seems pretty decent so far. mostly used by my wiiiiife but ive used it once and it was fine (i prefer running outdoors). It's quiet too.

open up your options and rent a truck or van to pick up a used one if you're worried about fitting it in your vehicle.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Why Am I So Tired posted:

Getting nervous about the supply chain thing too. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good, affordable treadmill (that can be delivered or fit inside a Honda Civic)? Or spinning bike? Don't really want to splurge on a Sole F63 but maybe that's the smart option if I can figure out the delivery situation.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M0L0D90?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I don't know if this counts as "good" or "affordable" for you, but my wife and i have been using this for a total of 5-7 hours/week of walking and running for the last six months and it has been perfect for our needs. I run on it 5x/ week and haven't had anything to complain about, but I'm also inexperienced in the ways of treadmills.

With Amazon you can get it shipped free to your place to avoid hassle.

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004

Joementum posted:

If you want to get a shot without your insurance being billed, you have maybe another couple weeks of that being a thing.

What would be the problem with insurance being billed for another shot? Is insurance gonna flip poo poo if they see someone get a 2nd booster?

How are any of you all able to get multiple boosters in Washington state with their electronic tracking ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

What's the street cost of a shot without insurance? (Like when uncle sam stops paying)