Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
The Mysterio showcase in 2k22 is such a waste and dumb. Besides the random Miz,Dolph,Samoa Joe, etc marches. They literally have a match where he loses against the undertaker in it, like what does that showcase. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Miching Mallecho posted:

They literally have a match where he loses against the undertaker in it, like what does that showcase. :psyduck:

The Streak has to be protected, brother

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Miching Mallecho posted:

The Mysterio showcase in 2k22 is such a waste and dumb. Besides the random Miz,Dolph,Samoa Joe, etc marches. They literally have a match where he loses against the undertaker in it, like what does that showcase. :psyduck:

It's such a weird format. The appeal of Rey Mysterio giving kayfabe insight into these actual matches is neat, but the gameplay of "do this exact string of moves" really isn't fun at all, and it doesn't escalate to a peak or anything, it's just kind of a mishmash.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

zetamind2000 posted:

The Streak has to be protected, brother

It wasnt even a Mania match, it was at the Royal Rumble lol

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

El Generico posted:

It's such a weird format. The appeal of Rey Mysterio giving kayfabe insight into these actual matches is neat, but the gameplay of "do this exact string of moves" really isn't fun at all, and it doesn't escalate to a peak or anything, it's just kind of a mishmash.

So it's Showcase mode :v:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I feel like this game needs a Very Hard Mode. I'm halfway through MyRise and my character is nearly maxed out and on Hard the matches are fairly effortless but if I bump it to Legend suddenly every match is 40 minutes of reversal spam.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Miching Mallecho posted:

This might come as a shocker, but Mysterio lost most of his big matches in WWE

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

KungFu Grip posted:

This might come as a shocker, but Mysterio lost most of his big matches in WWE

the showcase mode is 2K warning young would-be wrestlers

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Just wait til we get to 2k30 and we get that incredible Cedric Alexander showcase mode

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

2k22 is very accurate to real life WWE in that the tag titles are almost never mentioned in the story mode and every single time you do a storyline where you form a tag team with someone they almost immediately turn on you to set up a singles feud.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
The game is a lot like WWE cause it sucks.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I mean I'll finally admit I'm seeing some good things, just not enough to make me pull the trigger. (Oddly enough the no-advanced-entrances thing is a dealbreaker for me, since the flashy creative suite stuff is really the one draw the games have over something like Fire Pro. So if I can't even get too creative with that, eh.)

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Watching a few videos I was almost tempted to get it, but the roster is so awful it magnified all the glaring issues the game still has. With the main fan base at like fifty years old they should lean heavily into their Legend contracts. But I’m sure whoever at WWE is designated with overseeing the games has delusions these are for kids.

Thing is they’ve still got some of the canned animations from seven years ago, which leads me to believe they’re still using a similar engine. Granted it’s a different dev now, but it’s a real feat that 2k managed to fall backwards as much as they did. An almost deliberate level of incompetence.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

I mean I'll finally admit I'm seeing some good things, just not enough to make me pull the trigger. (Oddly enough the no-advanced-entrances thing is a dealbreaker for me, since the flashy creative suite stuff is really the one draw the games have over something like Fire Pro. So if I can't even get too creative with that, eh.)

I'm in exactly the same boat. I might have bought this at full price with entrance creation but now I'm gonna wait until the deluxe edition is around the 40 price point.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://www.reddit.com/r/WWEGames/comments/tizkfp/datamine_dialogue_from_the_cut_bray_wyattfiend/

I’m gutted 2K22 didn’t give us THE SHEIND!

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

They should have kept this storyline in and just replaced Wyatt. We could’ve had Shesaro or Ricoshe.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The best part of WWE games is when they would go crazy with storylines. More games should do this. What ifs all over the place. I loved it in the DBZ games when they did what if scenarios like what if Cell absorbed Krillin lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrcG4NiC81s

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Give us a sequel to the Uh Oh It's Magic storyline that was in one of the SvR games, you cowards.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Vandar posted:

Give us a sequel to the Uh Oh It's Magic storyline that was in one of the SvR games, you cowards.

Is that the one where Undertaker presses triangle to do Super Magic and control Finlay's body or is that the Candice Michelle gender swap one

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

projecthalaxy posted:

Is that the one where Undertaker presses triangle to do Super Magic and control Finlay's body or is that the Candice Michelle gender swap one

The Candice Michelle one where I think it was either Edge or HHH getting the moves put on them via The World's Greatest Love Machine, Viscera due to them having female bods.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
move to change the thread name to BELIEVE IN THE SHIEND

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Finding a wrestler with a good appearance AND a move set on CC this year is rare and pretty much impossible for anyone below the upper midcard. I just want a decent Top Flight dammit!

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

So I tried a single player GM Mode over the weekend and was losing the entire year and then on the very last week shot to first place cause I signed Eddie Guerrero and put him in the main event.

Getting the feeling this mode isn't really well designed.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I bet a ton of people would pay to see Brock Lesnar F5 a corpse

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I would but it has to be Vince's

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1506313021857026050

No idea where to post this but I guess she's FaZe now.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Drakkel posted:

So I tried a single player GM Mode over the weekend and was losing the entire year and then on the very last week shot to first place cause I signed Eddie Guerrero and put him in the main event.

Getting the feeling this mode isn't really well designed.

WWE's booking is basically "suck poo poo all year and then book a legend in the main event for one show".

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

That is fair, it's a pretty accurate representation of the real product.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

FYI they've put out another patch for 2k22 today and like every patch before it doesn't seem to have actually fixed anything. CAW mode still crashes if you have it open longer than 2 or 3 minutes.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

It hits different

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Sounds like WWE and 2k have renewed their licensing deal, so I hope you weren't pinning too much hope on those EA rumors.

https://twitter.com/WWEgames/status/1506747657288847360

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

The Kins posted:

Sounds like WWE and 2k have renewed their licensing deal, so I hope you weren't pinning too much hope on those EA rumors.

I feel that with his absence in this photo HHH is being shown in a defenseless and vulnerable position.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Vince is gonna see that tall bald guy and wonder how no more BS Paul Weight got back in the building

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

The Kins posted:

2K22 seems like they've finally got a good base to build off of for future entries in the franchise so I'm not too surprised by this.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/2KLive_/status/1507087638943174656

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

nL Wrestlemania Sim Stream time!

https://www.twitch.tv/newlegacyinc

e: 2k22 AI knows how to break up pinfalls but not how to break up the breaking up of a pinfall, we're 25 minutes into Boogz/Nakamura v Usos

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Mar 27, 2022

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That was a good stream. The AI can't figure out how to win tag matches.

Drew twerking against the turnbuckle for like a minute since the animation for Corbin getting up didn't play.

Owens being thrown through the ropes.

The triple threat tag match being impossible to finish when characters glitched into the audience.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
drew twerking made me go stupid with laughing

the double tron fakeout didnt help either

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I about pissed myself laughing at Drew's twerking.

Timestamp for you all, but I highly recommend watching the whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcMsRh8SD1Y&t=2760s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPjaeFJz5LY