Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
AFAIK none of the dispensaries sell spare parts, probably have to buy a whole new unit. You might be able to find something at a local vape shop, or just go in on a decent e-rig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I ate a lot of edibles. I feel like a cave painting or something. Also hitting two different weed pens at the same time. I’m sleepy and have a tummy ache. I guess I deserve it for eating 9 bags of medicated gummies. But I’d do it again and again ad infinitum.

God, iilluminaughty is loving boring, somebody suggest a less boring and funnier YouTube channel than iilluminaughty for me to watch. Please. With sugar on top.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I ate a lot of edibles. I feel like a cave painting or something. Also hitting two different weed pens at the same time. I’m sleepy and have a tummy ache. I guess I deserve it for eating 9 bags of medicated gummies. But I’d do it again and again ad infinitum.

God, iilluminaughty is loving boring, somebody suggest a less boring and funnier YouTube channel than iilluminaughty for me to watch. Please. With sugar on top.

Somebody either commend me or chastise me!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Good job!

I suggest searching for Taskmaster on youtube and starting from S1E1.

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fuctifino posted:

It's been a kief sort of day :420:

do you have to clean your dynavape daily?

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Nigmaetcetera posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boKihmOqypc
This was last weekend's high watch and I recommend it

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

ErrorInvalidUser posted:

You could but I don't. The screen in the head of it can get blocked with resin sometimes so I poke it out with a dowel and scrub it with an alcohol pad. I use a glass tube for the body so all I do is run that under some hot water (not too hot tho)

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous
Currently quite baked and thinking about how nice a foggy morning can be. When it’s real quiet, and the sun hasn’t come up yet, and most of the songbirds are asleep. It’s like wandering around in a painting. The world almost seems soft.

edibles were clearly a great idea.

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Velvet Witch posted:

You could but I don't. The screen in the head of it can get blocked with resin sometimes so I poke it out with a dowel and scrub it with an alcohol pad. I use a glass tube for the body so all I do is run that under some hot water (not too hot tho)

but how often do you clean

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I changed my mind I would not do it again.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

It was great until the violent purging started. I’m only using homemade edibles from now on.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

ErrorInvalidUser posted:

No, but I change the gauzes regularly. I switched to 10mm gauzes instead of the official CCD as I could get 50 of them for the same price as 3 CCD's.

I probably deep clean the dynavap about once a week using a small jar of ISO in the sonic cleaner.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
https://www.engadget.com/gene-losses-allow-vampire-bats-diet-of-blood-102833056.html

"It's totally bizarre and amazing that vampire bats can survive on blood — they are really weird, even among bats." :drac:

quote:

Gene losses allow vampire bats to live solely on a diet of blood
Scientists detail the loss of 13 genes in the blood-sucking mammals.
Mariella Moon

While bats have been closely associated with vampires for centuries, there are actually only three species of bats that drink blood. Most of them eat fruits, insects, nectar and small animals, like frogs and fish, instead. Blood is low in calories, while being rich in iron, protein and little else, making it a terrible, terrible food source. Now, a team of scientists has figured out how and why those vampire bat species are the only mammals that can live solely on a diet of blood.

Upon comparing the genome of common vampire bats to 26 other species, the scientists found 13 genes in the blood-sucking mammals that either no longer work or are missing. Three of those losses had been reported in another study published in 2014, with all of them indicating a reduced sense of taste reception in vampire bats. The remaining 10 gene losses are new discoveries, according to the team.

The loss of a gene called REP15 indicates enhanced iron uptake in the animals' gastrointestinal cells, which they also shed and excrete quickly. This prevents iron overload that can have severe detrimental effects. The absence of two other genes allow glucose to remain longer in the bats' bodies and prevent hypoglycemia, since blood contains minimal carbohydrates. Another absent gene might also be the consequence of the "extensive morphological and physiological modifications" in the stomach of common vampire bats. Instead of being a muscular organ, their stomachs are expandable structures used to store large amounts of liquid and serve as a major site of fluid absorption.

The loss of one gene even contributed "to the evolution of vampire bats’ exceptional social behaviors." Since they can't survive too long without feeding, seeing as blood is very low in calories, vampire bats can regurgitate their meals and share with others. They can also keep track of who shared with them in the past and will extend extend help to them in the future if needed. Hannah Kim Frank, a bat researcher at Tulane University, told AP: "It's totally bizarre and amazing that vampire bats can survive on blood — they are really weird, even among bats."

The study revealing the loss of genes that allow them to live off blood doesn't make vampire bats any less weird, or intriguing. You can read the whole study in the Science Advances journal.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I am no longer on call and my plans for today are as follows.

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r9csgeQQdJ1qhhezv_720.mp4

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

I Was The Fury posted:

Can we skip to "we3d: the weed threead?"

World Weed Threead.

Jealous of some of the prices being posted. A 1/4 is about 60 bucks here medical and it's gonna get wild, April 1st marks the start of recreational in New Mexico. Places selling out medically ahead of the date.

Went to buy a quarter of Garlic Breath and was given the choice between one bag or the other of it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hell yeah my dispensary had exactly one replacement atomizer for the Puffco for sale :getin:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
It's a cake kinda day. Like these Wedding Cake, Gelato Cake, and Birthday Cake carts I just got :2bong:

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Current status

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Weed thread: zoot suit riot

Or something similar I feel like I'm onto something

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Protocol7 posted:

It's a cake kinda day. Like these Wedding Cake, Gelato Cake, and Birthday Cake carts I just got :2bong:

I have a gram of ice cream cake rosin I'm going to destroy over the course of the evening

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Wedding cake?

Watching jackass forever, smoking some other billy idol themed dabs (idol express).

DemonToadGoat
Jan 12, 2015

Weed is so good!

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
So...it turns out that I've been smoking weed kind of wrong for the past year and a half. So I've only been smoking for about that time, and it would always cause me to cough a shitload and I just thought that was part of the experience. It even got to the point where I would suck on a cough drop while smoking just to mitigate this. What I was doing was drawing from the bong right to my lungs, instead of sucking it into my mouth and then inhaling from there. That's much smoother...

Ah well, live and learn. Week smoking is a lot more pleasant now.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Pulling straight into your lungs isn't a wrong way to smoke weed, just a preference. I pull with my lungs on the dab rig, but I also smoke a carton+ of cigarettes a week, and have been a smoker for 24 years. I have a regular smokers cough anyhow. Pipes, joints, I'll mouth, but rigs are straight into my lungs.

Coughing is def part of the experience. You don't cough, you don't get off, man (loving awful 90s saying).

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I made some weed friends, I only had one weed friend until now. A friend of my friend is building a work(weed)shop in his garden so I went to help out.

We dug a trench for the drain in the garden then got high, then ate a nice curry, then got high, then played board games and then got high, then I rode my e-bike home while high.

A+ day out, no complaints.

Beyond ReTarTed.
Dec 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
stain name: psycho meth

Beyond ReTarTed.
Dec 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
will smith be high as hell off of March Madness

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Monday: The Weed Day

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i broke the glass adapter that goes between my bubbler and vape :(

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I know there's 50 million strains now but this "pie hoe" cart hosed me the gently caress up.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:hmmyes::420:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Select Vape Cartridges: Good For Vaping!

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if this society were even remotely real, hash would be a top 3 product

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Still vapin' on this gelato cake cart. Like this brand I think

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Got a hosed up cold (not covid this time) and I'm 'better' but still coughing at night/when it's cold/etc due to asthma, so I switched to edibles instead of my fury edge, and it seems like they do not make me anywhere near as hungry.

as an aside, my fury edge at 400 was making me cough like nothing else before I decided to switch to edibles. At 365 it was a lot better, but later on I'd cough a lot. Previously when I wasn't sick, 400 would make me cough maybe 2-3 times during 2 back to back vape sessions (still cloud left after the first session, so I just do it longer) but currently it makes me cough way too much.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I found turning my Edge up too high would gunk up the screen faster. I go from 375-385 and that does the trick for me.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

bagmonkey posted:

I have been eating a bunch of 1:1 edibles and it rules, you should do the same

:same:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

run the vape through water. i use my fury edge as hot as it goes

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017