Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Min/maxing my stay at the star wars hotel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse
In other news, the first of three Pinocchio movies came out and...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2K6fr64v4M

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

The Disney Star Wars Hotel MMO LARP Experience just needs a group of people to follow the players around, shouting "LFG", confused requests for help, and broken English ads for selling in-game currency and/or racist and homophobic slurs, to give the guests the true MMO experience

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Driftingmouse posted:

Has anyone checked this out?

Brad is a piece of poo poo and not worth watching stop posting his dumb video. Or just post it once and properly embed it so people aren't blind clicking on that rear end in a top hat's channel like I did.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

The Disney Star Wars Hotel MMO LARP Experience just needs a group of people to follow the players around, shouting "LFG", confused requests for help, and broken English ads for selling in-game currency and/or racist and homophobic slurs, to give the guests the true MMO experience

Current status: deciding if it would be worth $5,000 for the joke of bunny hopping around the Star Wars hotel all week asking people for SoJs

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

poisonpill posted:

Current status: deciding if it would be worth $5,000 for the joke of bunny hopping around the Star Wars hotel all week asking people for SoJs

Jenny stop rolling for every loot lottery, other players in your clan are getting pissed and you already have the best armor

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse

Arc Hammer posted:

Brad is a piece of poo poo and not worth watching stop posting his dumb video. Or just post it once and properly embed it so people aren't blind clicking on that rear end in a top hat's channel like I did.

Well then, I will just summarize it for you: basically the first Pinocchio movie of the year is so bad it's funny.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Driftingmouse posted:

I'd finally gotten that guy out of my recommendations. :mad:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Driftingmouse posted:

Has anyone noticed the video I posted ^^^^^

Driftingmouse posted:

Obviously no one here gives a poo poo, so :fuckoff:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Driftingmouse posted:

Well then, I will just summarize it for you: basically the first Pinocchio movie of the year is so bad it's funny.

jiminy cricket!

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Lol one of the local waterpark resorts (Great Wolf Lodge) has the "magic academy" story quest you can pay to do which is basically you running around the resort pointing a wand at various objects to complete the quests and this basically sounds like an upscaled version of that at best. Except at least at a meh waterpark you're at least killing time because there's not that much else to do once you're tired of waiting in line for waterslides. Can't imagine wanting to have busywork in that setting.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

stillvisions posted:

Lol one of the local waterpark resorts (Great Wolf Lodge) has the "magic academy" story quest you can pay to do which is basically you running around the resort pointing a wand at various objects to complete the quests and this basically sounds like an upscaled version of that at best. Except at least at a meh waterpark you're at least killing time because there's not that much else to do once you're tired of waiting in line for waterslides. Can't imagine wanting to have busywork in that setting.

Oh god the kid’s school here used to do spring break trips to the one in WA in pre covid times and I am glad I missed out on that nonsense.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Driftingmouse posted:

Has anyone noticed the video I posted ^^^^^

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Obviously no one here gives a poo poo, so :fuckoff:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Driftingmouse posted:

No one cares.

If your first three posts about the same video don't elicit a response, it's probably safe to assume that you're not getting any replies because people aren't interested. But rest assured, if you just keep quoting yourself, eventually someone may pay attention for long enough to tell you to gently caress off.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
drat dude back in the day we just said “lurk moar” and people got the idea. Peep that reg date, they just a baby

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao this is just training nerds to be amazon slaves in exchange for the warehouse looking like their favorite franchise

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Oh god there would be nothing worse than a ubisoft game in real life, and disney seems to have made one

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
if it's not a RLM video or a Jenny video i ain't watching it

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

as far as i can tell jenny is the living white woman embodiment of everything parodied in the nerd crew and it's really hosed up and weird people keep trying to get me to watch her videos in this thread

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Driftingmouse posted:

Are you the bearded guy in the hat? Is this another X JAX situation?

Is this thread that influential? Why are people pimping their channels in here?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

a secondary culling of finespark vtuber aficionados but for jenny likers

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
$5k to play an official Star Wars LARP? sign me up.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Hillary 2024 posted:

$5k to play an official Star Wars LARP? sign me up.

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1508170237849395207

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Driftingmouse posted:

Maybe you could have put this summary in that first post, instead of just posting a video with no explanation whatsoever and then responding to it multiple times desperately.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

as far as i can tell

This is where you’re going wrong

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

PostNouveau posted:

Are you the bearded guy in the hat? Is this another X JAX situation?

Is this thread that influential? Why are people pimping their channels in here?

The coveted demographic of "people who watch long YouTube videos about utter drek"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

infernal machines posted:

The coveted demographic of "people who watch long YouTube videos about utter drek"

I promise you if we loved it and everyone in here was like "wow I can't get enough of beard guy in hat. Beard guy in hat should be the 4th member of RLM" it would increase his views by like, 10 views.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Endless Trash posted:

This is where you’re going wrong

the lady ostensibly paid $5k for a star wars vacation to get people to smash the youtube like and subscribe button where am i going wrong

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

I promise you if we loved it and everyone in here was like "wow I can't get enough of beard guy in hat. Beard guy in hat should be the 4th member of RLM" it would increase his views by like, 10 views.

That's true, and yet that's probably a significant percentage of beard guy in hat's engagement for any one of his videos.

Grassroots engagement with a comedy forum more than 15 years past its prime is not the sort of thing you do when you have broad appeal.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

the lady ostensibly paid $5k for a star wars vacation to get people to smash the youtube like and subscribe button where am i going wrong
ah i realized i'm treading old ground here and repeating myself

Cowcaster posted:

get back to me when jenny melts all her star wars paraphernalia into a plastic cube with 60 gallons of acetone because until then all these comparisons of "jenny is just lady rlm" are completely full of poo poo

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
yeah i hate women too

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
beard guy in hat is just a channel awesome douche that's already been doing this poo poo for like a decade

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

as far as i can tell jenny is the living white woman embodiment of everything parodied in the nerd crew

not really. she seems to have a genuine love for the cheerful and fantastic elements of things like theme parks and star wars, but also an awareness of the crass empty corporate cynicism underlying it all. it's quite the opposite of the uncritical fanboy squeeing that nerd crew is parodying.

also she does entertaining videos about things with which i am completely unfamiliar, like the history of disneyland's scrapped attractions, or the slender man fanfiction expanded universe, or a woman's perspective on the brony phenomenon. i like learning new things.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Driftingmouse posted:

Retsupre (or however the gently caress you spell that, I'm not checking) are SA originals that pioneered a format and were highly lauded for there efforts.

Pewdiepie did ostensibly the same thing, but arguably less well.

One of them is a global celebrity.

SA forums are a graveyard for content. There was a time when this place was the ivory tower, gleaming in the summer sun known throughout the land as a pinnacle of intelligence and decorum. Now we're just a bunch of old posters yelling at clouds while the world passes us by. Ghouls feasting on the corpses of dead gods and pining for a time long past.

TLDR: Please go post that on your facebook page or reddit, where people care.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

Nerd Crew was parodying collider style discussion shows and Jenny Nicholson is not a collider style discussion show. Dolls and action figures in the background is a superficial similarity and that seems to be the “as far as I can tell” where you’re going wrong

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Sunk Dunk posted:

yeah i hate women too

wait a minute aren't you the guy who had to nuke his entire account and start over because you kept posting about how attracted you were to an underage girl

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

stephenthinkpad posted:

So you are just running around using your phone to scan QR code like a low rent Pokemon game?

What does "unlocking cut scene" even mean? Some Disney cosplayer will act it out for you or you watch a clip on your phone?

Here's what she's likely referring to. I think this is the finale of the good guy storyline. As you can see, they limit the number of people that can watch it at once. If there's a line to see it, then it means the actors run the scene over and over again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT_ME697AY0&t=1359s

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Trollologist posted:

Retsupre (or however the gently caress you spell that, I'm not checking) are SA originals that pioneered a format and were highly lauded for there efforts.

Pewdiepie did ostensibly the same thing, but arguably less well.

One of them is a global celebrity.

SA forums are a graveyard for content. There was a time when this place was the ivory tower, gleaming in the summer sun known throughout the land as a pinnacle of intelligence and decorum. Now we're just a bunch of old posters yelling at clouds while the world passes us by. Ghouls feasting on the corpses of dead gods and pining for a time long past.

TLDR: Please go post that on your facebook page or reddit, where people care.

Slowbeef will be forever not mad about having invented Let's Plays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Like you can already tell from her tweets about the Star Wars thing that the video is gonna be the exact opposite of something the failchildren at collider would/will do