Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

After this this post I did some searches and the government was Very Angry and ordered them to stop doing it and in the first inspection after the order they got caught in the process of pouring the toxic waste into a river lol

I did a paper for a material science class on Teflon but focused on engineering ethics because just about everything DuPont did WRT Teflon is gross af.

The employees had to take heated chunks of Teflon from one place to another by hand and would get sick as hell from the vapors and called it the Teflon flu.

They found they got less sick if they held it farther away from their bodies so that's how they dealt with it.

DuPont conducted secret experiments poisoning employees to figure out the dangers and dosages.

They also had the employees and their families go to special company doctors to secretly monitor and test them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

I've been sifting through my cum in order to find microplastics and all I have gotten is sticky and horny and hungry for more

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

T-Paine posted:

What a stupid way to frame your title
https://twitter.com/ClimateBen/status/1508010700748242944
Why should we assume it's EVER good news? What is wrong with the media

It's targeting all those loving morons who joyfully exclaim "omg it's SO nice out today!", not realizing that it's actually 10-15 degrees too warm compared to previous norms and that they should be filled with dread and despair instead.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

T-Paine posted:

The government and media are owned by the same people who have no strategic interest in reducing the global energy supply. Of course they frame things like it's always good news unless undeniably otherwise.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

500excf type r posted:

I did a paper for a material science class on Teflon but focused on engineering ethics because just about everything DuPont did WRT Teflon is gross af.

They also get away with literally raping infants.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

It's targeting all those loving morons who joyfully exclaim "omg it's SO nice out today!", not realizing that it's actually 10-15 degrees too warm compared to previous norms and that they should be filled with dread and despair instead.

I agree but shouldn't the media be the responsible party here and not frame the title like that so that rea sorry I just made myself too sad to finish this post.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/1507711370158129156
Get ready

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

living with dread and despair isn't exactly the healthiest though

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

actionjackson posted:

living with dread and despair isn't exactly the healthiest though

Everyone should live with a little dread and despair. As a treat.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
you must learn to live in a world without hope

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Living with despair may or may not be healthy but it's not up to the media to determine whether or not they should lie to us to make us feel better

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
We must all accept that humanity will never do anything about climate change.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Pretty sure everyone here has already accepted that and are finding out that people outside get really really mad when we tell them that.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

i think acknowledging what is happening and thinking about how you will need to adapt to deal with it the best you can is probably the best you can do as an individual

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Hubbert posted:

you must learn to live in a world without hope

it's not a world where there is no hope it's a world where there isn't hope of solving our problems

You can always hope the ultra tornado goes a different direction or that rain comes back or something

i hope this blasted out gas station with president pelosi campaign ad in the window will have a can of beans in it under a shelf

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

SplitSoul posted:

They also get away with literally raping infants.

Beg pardon?

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

T-Paine posted:

it's nice when the winter cold goes away early. In a vacuum, at least

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

uguu posted:

Beg pardon?

Beau Biden's highest profile case as a defense attorney

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Lobe posted:

ya also see who sold him his Delaware mansion (which he later flipped for $1m more than purchase price)

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Mr. Lobe posted:

holy poo poo

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...GpM6ovszrQnU_ls

quote:

Biden also defended Superior Court Judge Jan Jurden, who noted in her sentencing order that the wealthy father "will not fare well" in prison. Biden said the judge "exercised sound discretion based solely on the merits of the case before her" and doesn't allow a defendant's "wealth or social status" to influence her decisions.

re: rich man who admitted he raped his kid

just the best system with the best people

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Egg Moron posted:

Love it when the horror is also hilarious

thread title

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

[biosphere collapse] jesus i've never seen a climate graph like this one

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Made a mistake. Looked at the replies.

Did you know there are still basic rear end climate change deniers?

loving wild

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

ikanreed posted:

loving wild

Why did you do this to me

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
There was the possibility that somebody was only doom brained enough to think we were never going to do anything about climate change, rather than that we've made literally zero ideological progress in the past degree C.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

uguu posted:

Beg pardon?

*inhales* I SAID

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

ikanreed posted:

i keep going to that well and drinking deep. i must subconsciously love the taste of dumb infuriating poo poo

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Please excuse my laughter, I have a condition

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

ikanreed posted:

loving wild

Dude just look at covid.

These people will die under a heat dome thinking that climate change is a Marxist conspiracy. My brother will die among them!

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

All winter long through 60+ days,

"boy, I can't wait for summer to really get here"

"can't wait to get out in the sun"

"can't wait til lockdown is over"

(is not lockdown in any timezone he can pronounce)

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Please excuse my laughter, I have a condition

jokerfication

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

i saw this at hot topic

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Some men just want to watch the world warm up

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

you wanna know where i got these glacial scars?

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

T-Paine posted:

Warm weather = good is probably at least as damaging to climate change acceptance as a lot of the low-level active propaganda efforts from capitalists

It's incredibly pervasive as a cultural thing even when temperatures are high enough to be uncomfortable to the vast majority of people. "Better than snow, right?" I say as I literally die from the heat.

A dude had to be carted away by an ambulance two houses down from me last summer because he went out running in nearly 100-degree temps with high humidity. Just heat, right? Can't hurt you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Paradoxish posted:

Warm weather = good is probably at least as damaging to climate change acceptance as a lot of the low-level active propaganda efforts from capitalists

It's incredibly pervasive as a cultural thing even when temperatures are high enough to be uncomfortable to the vast majority of people. "Better than snow, right?" I say as I literally die from the heat.

A dude had to be carted away by an ambulance two houses down from me last summer because he went out running in nearly 100-degree temps with high humidity. Just heat, right? Can't hurt you!

There are utter psychopaths out there who love cloudless days. There are lots and lots of them.