Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

net work error posted:

If you wait a few more weeks they might be going for an extreme discount

It might, but where's the fun in that

e: (Prepping for overreactions and orange remains king)

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

marshalljim posted:

Yeah, just make sure you're drinking Foster's. Australians lovvvvvvvvve Foster's and don't ever let them tell you otherwise.

I hear it's Australian for beer!

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Just realized Monaco is on my birthday, god loving dammnit

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Charles is going to win as your present

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

The Dutch racist respected the white driver, while showing the black driver none last season

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

speng31b posted:

I think everyone in a battle trying to brake to be the second to cross the detection line is a funny gimmick but it'll get old pretty quick

Guys have been doing that since they first introduced DRS tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3kbxjBAYmM

At :49 they are both trying to be second at the DRS detection zone.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

F1 is back in Australia :unsmith: I will be there on the Friday. I'm excited for the track changes, particularly the removal of the chicane at Turn 9/10.

Now we just need one of the Ocon, Alonso or Norris to get unwell so Piastri can drive :australia: :australia:

Also, gently caress the FIA ban on military flyovers, what a joke. The RAAF F18s buzzing the city was one of the highlights of the weekend.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Windmill Hut posted:

F1 is back in Australia :unsmith: I will be there on the Friday. I'm excited for the track changes, particularly the removal of the chicane at Turn 9/10.

Now we just need one of the Ocon, Alonso or Norris to get unwell so Piastri can drive :australia: :australia:

Also, gently caress the FIA ban on military flyovers, what a joke. The RAAF F18s buzzing the city was one of the highlights of the weekend.

Nah, the only people who should give a gently caress about the military are the people in it and their families, quit glorifying that waste of money

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

Windmill Hut posted:

lmao, truly the worst thread

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Nah, the only people who should give a gently caress about the military are the people in it and their families, quit glorifying that waste of money

not Ukrainian then?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I get what you're saying but it's hard to have that opinion when we're on the doorstep of WW3.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Kirios posted:

I get what you're saying but it's hard to have that opinion when we're on the doorstep of WW3.

Good point made int he Formula 1 2022 thread.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Last time I went to the Aus grand prix they had Blackhawk helicopters doing stall drops and you can gently caress right off doing that right above my head.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Woah I didn't expect that reaction, but fair enough, sorry :( I didn't really think about it from the military part of it, I just like loud expensive machines going fast and you never see the RAAF at any events except F1.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Kirios posted:

No War
We Race As One

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Kirios posted:

I’ll continue to have that opinion until the nuclear fire takes my body.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Latifi is so loving bad

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
At least he is usually so far behind that he doesn’t crash into anyone else

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

I might be misremembering but I seem to recall flyovers at events aren't a waste of money, or at least not as big as it may seem. Military pilots need to do a minimum amount of sorties every year just to stay in practice, and flyovers at grands prix and so on double for that function. So by getting rid of them, depending on the country, there's a chance that the pilots will still do that flight, just somewhere else or on another day, because otherwise they don't get their minimum amount of hours per year.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

slave to my cravings posted:

He crashes my dreams, op

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Good to see worthy WDC Max Verstappen showing FerFraudi how it is done.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

:dafuq:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

what race did you watch today?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

GramCracker posted:

what race did you watch today?

The same one Crofty was announcing

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Would have been interesting if sainz could have had a fair shot at max at the sc restart without Perez getting in the way, that was some bullshit. I like Perez but that should have been a penalty. Otherwise why not just overtake the field during sc, screw the restart to help your team mate, then let everyone back - no harm everyone!

Leclerc clearly had max worked out, but he had to be lucky everytime, the redbull car has enough over performance to only need to be lucky once.

Red bull getting owned by the dummy was hilarious.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Deltasquid posted:

I might be misremembering but I seem to recall flyovers at events aren't a waste of money, or at least not as big as it may seem. Military pilots need to do a minimum amount of sorties every year just to stay in practice, and flyovers at grands prix and so on double for that function. So by getting rid of them, depending on the country, there's a chance that the pilots will still do that flight, just somewhere else or on another day, because otherwise they don't get their minimum amount of hours per year.

Good, go do it over the loving desert instead of glorifying this waste of resources

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Yeah the military worship needs to be reined in and I’m surprised F1 stopped it considering all the other poo poo they’re prepared to let slide.

Hopefully it can be halted before the weird stuff like skydiving into football stadiums with giant flags spreads outside the USA to the rest of the world.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

you don't want f1 to put the names of dead troops on the halo and stop in the middle of the race for a moment of advertising silence?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

Yeah the military worship needs to be reined in and I’m surprised F1 stopped it considering all the other poo poo they’re prepared to let slide.

Did the military just stop paying or did f1 actually stop it? A lot of this poo poo is recruitment efforts.

I am glad it’s gone but let’s not pretend it wasn’t about money.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

F1 stopped it because they claimed it was bad for the carbon footprint of the event, but also they don’t want the dictatorships they insist on racing in to use the event as a parade of military hardware.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Thanks Ants posted:

Shame that Checo got screwed over, the worst RBR driver won

It seems like Checo somehow gets screwed every time and Max somehow gets the benefit of safety car every time. It's like he somehow stole all of Checo's potential safety car luck

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

F1 stopped it because they claimed it was bad for the carbon footprint of the event, but also they don’t want the dictatorships they insist on racing in to use the event as a parade of military hardware.

Ah ok. A case of “I would do anything for cash, but I won’t do that”

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

slave to my cravings posted:

He says, well aware that such an event cost the GOAT his 8th WDC.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Jobbo_Fett posted:

He says, well aware that such an event cost the GOAT his 8th WDC.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

If I was the greatest race car driver of all time I would try to not let the worst driver on the track lose me the championship.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Just watched the race.

gently caress Max.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

speng31b posted:

Also -- do Ocon and Alonso hate each other?

Doesn't Ocon always try to crash out his teammate, whoever it happens to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

If I was the greatest race car driver of all time I would try to not let the worst driver on the track lose me the championship.

But enough about Max's race today