Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think Coda might win best picture. Color me extremely surprised if it's something other than that or Power of the Dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Gaius Marius posted:

Hold up, they nominated Bohemian Rhapsody last year? loving lol

Yeah, it was definitely one of those wtf nominees.

Didn't Rami win Best Actor that year too?

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose

Zero One posted:

Dune is winning the pre-show awards.

[]

“Dune” is cleaning up in the pre-show categories, following up its best sound Oscar with victories in the original score, film editing and production design races.

[/]

Good wins

Dang this is Hans first win too and it’s not televised. He’s defined modern film music and lol this is how he awarded. At least he’s got his awesome concert tour.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Ngl, the Williams sisters are looking hot af right now.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Hooray, awards shows :dance:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

checkplease posted:

Good wins

Dang this is Hans first win too and it’s not televised. He’s defined modern film music and lol this is how he awarded. At least he’s got his awesome concert tour.

Apparently he wasn’t even there to accept it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Starting with one of the songs? All right.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Even mediocre Beyonce is pretty good, but... this is mediocre Beyonce.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Yeah not the best, not the worst. She's still carries herself like a queen though.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

No. NO! Bad DJ Khaled! NO!

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
God I hate DJ Khaled

Also, whoever planned that bit of them talking over each other, eesh

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I choose to believe that wasn't planned and Khaled's just done a lot of pre-gaming.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

God this opening. They should have just gave the hosting to Wanda Sykes.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I hate this already

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

This is horrible. Just pick one person, what the hell

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This is real bad and screams written by committee

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I thought we as a society finally agreed we were done with Amy Schumer

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

10 minutes in and everyone already remembers why having no host was a better idea, good job Oscars

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Samuel L. got his only oscar he'll ever get. They better show him thanking the academy.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Stop making bad jokes and just present

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Benne posted:

I thought we as a society finally agreed we were done with Amy Schumer

I also thought that

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I would have rather seen who won Best Documentary Short than this.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Can we just get to Best Supporting Character, because I'm already pre-amused by a list that consists of "The Joker, Vito Corleone, and Rita"

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Can we move on please?

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Are we doing another opening monologue? Are all three of them going to have their own opening monologue?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
15 minutes in and no winners announced

I thought the whole point of punting awards to the pre-show was to cut down on filler

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
We heard you love monologs so we're giving you monologs inside monologs!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Benne posted:

15 minutes in and no winners announced

I thought the whole point of punting awards to the pre-show was to cut down on filler
I think it was to make room for the filler

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
This might be the worst start to an Oscars that I can remember

ANNOUNCE AN AWARD what the gently caress

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

It should have just been Wanda Sykes but I guess she was too black and gay for the Oscars

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That was some of the most brutal television I've sat through in a long time

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Okay this sucks, I've already tapped out and decided to watch 1995's "To Die For"

Directed by Gus Van Sant, music by Danny Elfman, here's the cast:

code:
Nicole Kidman as Suzanne Stone-Maretto
Joaquin Phoenix as Jimmy Emmett
Matt Dillon as Larry Maretto
Casey Affleck as Russell Hines
Illeana Douglas as Janice Maretto
Alison Folland as Lydia Mertz
Dan Hedaya as Joe Maretto
Maria Tucci as Angela Maretto
Wayne Knight as Ed Grant
Kurtwood Smith as Earl Stone
Holland Taylor as Carol Stone
Susan Traylor as Fay Stone
Tim Hopper as Mike Warden
Michael Rispoli as Ben DeLuca
Buck Henry as Mr. H. Finlaysson
Gerry Quigley as George
David Cronenberg as Man at lake

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Holy poo poo, Judi Dench is actually there?

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Supporting Actress finally.

I have Ariana Dubose for this but it maybe Kirsten or Judi.

edit: I'm happy with this.

My Face When fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Mar 28, 2022

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

Can we just get to Best Supporting Character, because I'm already pre-amused by a list that consists of "The Joker, Vito Corleone, and Rita"
yaaaaaaaaaaay

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Only one award announced in 30 minutes, better have another long unfunny skit

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
what in the gently caress is this.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.