Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
King Richard sucked lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Will did nothing wrong, gently caress the haters

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/11/will-smith-gave-money-king-richard-cast-warner-bros-hbo-max-1234677308/

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Denzel is a smart man.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
OSCAR GOLD

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Right now Daniel Kaluuya is like "drat I'm glad I'm not the craziest person here tonight. Everyone forget about my weirdass life coach!"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Did they keep putting up the logo because of what one of the Williams sisters was wearing?

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

This is the best Oscars moment since La La Land

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

My Face When posted:

Denzel is a smart man.

Denzel owns and I gotta watch his Macbeth.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I bet the Oscar wish they had kept Best Actor for last this year.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I am so uncomfortable

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

mcmagic posted:

King Richard sucked lol

It was a perfectly fine normal biopic and Will did a great job.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

That was the most tolerable Travolta has been in years, letting him dance and going with the bald look was the right call

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Jerusalem posted:

Denzel owns and I gotta watch his Macbeth.

He does. I watched Equalizer 1 and 2 last week with my uncle. They're not great movies but not because of him. He owns 100% of the time.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lmao keep talking Will this is your moment they will not loving play you off

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

extremely bizarre but instantly iconic pop culture moment, glad i caught it live

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Holy gently caress this Oscars.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/crabin/status/1508279256824037387?s=21

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
What an incredible speech

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I kinda did want Garfield or Denzel to win but Denzel already had his

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Will Smith has been told his poo poo doesn't stink for the vast majority of his life.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Good soup! posted:

bravely marching into battle to defend my wife's honor against jokes

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Codependent Poster posted:

Did they keep putting up the logo because of what one of the Williams sisters was wearing?

Will apologized for spitting, I think that's why they smash cut

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I think a nipple was showing.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Macbeth was the only reason I wish I had Apple Plus, but now add Coda.

Hair and Makeup, I didn't put down.

Eyes of Tammy Faye

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

mcmagic posted:

Will Smith has been told his poo poo doesn't stink for the vast majority of his life.
yeah kinda but it was a really lovely joke so whatever. Someone should have done the same thing when Seth McFarlane was singing about women’s boobs.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://twitter.com/Gen_Ironicus/status/1508280367274463238?t=I4Ip8ns73-y9HCYa9GC6IA&s=19

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Did she just insult JEsse plemeons' wife? is she looking for a slap?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

I didn't realize Jesse Plemons was married to Kirsten Dunst. Good for him!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Timeless Appeal posted:

yeah kinda but it was a really lovely joke so whatever. Someone should have done the same thing when Seth McFarlane was singing about women’s boobs.

Seth McFarlane had the punchiest face in Hollywood so I’m kind of surprised fists aren’t flying at him every time he shows up somewhere.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Amy Schumer, eternally thirsty.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

I'm conflicted because on the one hand, yes. But also Will is right that people shouldnt have to put up with insulting jokes and just being expected to smile.

But also...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Timeless Appeal posted:

Yeah, him joyfully singing about seeing Jodie Foster's boobs in a movie where she's brutally gangraped wasn't exactly a great moment in Oscar history.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Anthony Hopkins showed to present. Bless.

Actress, I put Kirsten Stewart.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/bexlewis361/status/1508277297618448392?t=Rn9sFnAy6rseuylEGAjgSA&s=19

Hahhahaah this is an Amazing Night

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
I keep remembering that they cut awards for technical categories to fit in more Amy Schumer and my mind loving disconnects from my body.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Anyway, has anybody said Olivia Colman rules recently? Because if they have it's still not enough, she rules.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Jessica Chastain's dress is loving stunning and it's weird I didn't see more tweets about it earlier in the night

Also, this one seems like a case where all the contenders are deserving, even though Kidman's movie was bad

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Eyes of Tammy Faye was so drat good.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Olivia Coleman is stunning.

Jessica Chastain. Kirsten was robbed.

Edit: I seem to recall that in the past couple of years, the Actress award has been robbed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Was Penelope Cruz's film shot like a soap opera on purpose?