Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Gatts posted:

I think Lady Gaga is a pretty cool person

Seriously, she's super genuine in everything I've seen her in. Her duets with Tony Bennett are superb. She seems incredibly humble especially in the last 5-8 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

pospysyl posted:

I used to think it was Belfast, but the discourse recently seems to have switched to Coda. The cast literally got invited to the White House like they won the Super Bowl.

https://twitter.com/FLOTUS/status/1507168648846323720

This poster was right

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Vintersorg posted:

I gotta get on those. drat so much tv to watch.

Apart from some light Reagan worship, it's a really loving incredible series and I can't wait for season 3.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Thanks CineD for letting me watch with you. It's been a crazy year as always.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Chris Rock gonna get Paid

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Jerusalem posted:

Apart from some light Reagan worship, it's a really loving incredible series and I can't wait for season 3.

That’s a fair assessment, especially after they made Ted Kennedy’s presidency a train wreck. I didn’t like with Reagan how the Iran hostage rescue Carter cancelled went off without a hitch when Reagan tried it.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Synder double win, a big slap, and some tears. What a night.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Cacator posted:

What a magical night for Hollywood :)

Tonight's show was a hit!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

smoobles posted:

Tonight's show was a hit!

Yeah, it slapped.

Caedes
Aug 30, 2002

Gatts posted:

I think Lady Gaga is a pretty cool person

Anecdotally, I used to manage a retail store ~2009-2010, one of my staff was going through a gender transition, she wrote to Lady Gaga and got not only a response but a back and forth with her that went on for a long time, she helped her pen a song about what she was going through and was just generally there for her even while she was conducting a huge tour.

I have a lot of respect for her and she seems like a genuinely good person.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My feed was glitching out during fan favourite so I missed that Army of the Dead won which is LMAO I wonder how many bots unhinged Snyder stans made for that one

Smith/Rock was an amazing moment and I was completely on edge Smith’s entire speech as he just kept on not revealing the bit and then I guess it wasn’t one. Incredible.

Chastain winning was bizarre, she was considered the least likely nominee right? But I loved her speech and her mentioning LGBTQ suicide rates.

The Academy will literally do anything before they give an Oscar to Netflix lmao. CODA was good but outside of the deaf focus it’s a very generic Sundance dramedy and definitely didn’t deserve the win over Power of the Dog.

Wild show.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
oh ok, Venus William's boob was out. That's why they kept cutting to a graphic during Will's speech.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Absolutely grief-stricken that Volodymyr Zelenskyy was not there to give the best picture award to the Apple+ streaming movie.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Apple won best picture before Netflix did lol.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Seems like the favorites pretty much all won, seems like the people who read the tea leaves were leaning toward Coda for the last couple of weeks.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I’ve got the Oscar fever!

Hope you got it too!

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

My spectrum cable guide shows "On the Red Carpet After the Awards" which was supposed to run for two hours, but now inexplicably they are showing American Idol. Has SmithRock actually caused them to cancel the after-show?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Escobarbarian posted:

My feed was glitching out during fan favourite so I missed that Army of the Dead won which is LMAO I wonder how many bots unhinged Snyder stans made for that one

He’s a genuinely good film maker who has made great movies. So I can believe it.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Disney literally paid for a new category and still lost to this guy.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

LionArcher posted:

Apple won best picture before Netflix did lol.

I mean…Apple has a lot of influence and money.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Kart Barfunkel posted:

I’ve got the Oscar fever!

Hope you got it too!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Just going to point out a prosecutor could still bring charges without Chris Rock wanting them.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Gatts posted:

He’s a genuinely good film maker who has made great movies. So I can believe it.

Such as...?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oscar nip slip and an assault on speaker were not on my bingo card

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

LOL, Smith was a loving baby publicly on an internationally broadcast show. Holy poo poo. How about take a joke like every other celebrity at these events ever? What a crazy, unprofessional rear end in a top hat.

Crows Turn Off fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Mar 28, 2022

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/willsmith/status/1508271651221217285?s=21&t=Vho5W4NrpkbCOnyVvTNwDQ

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Will smith kicks rear end

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Crows Turn Off posted:

LOL, Smith was a loving baby publicly on an internationally broadcast show. Holy poo poo. How about take a joke like every other celebrity at these events ever? What a crazy, unprofessional rear end in a top hat.

Imagine being upset with Will Smith, lmao.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

CelticPredator posted:

Will smith kicks rear end

Will Smith got caught by his wife laughing at a joke about her and responded by committing assault on the person that made the joke.

Lmao at doing something so stupid.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It owns

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

teagone posted:

Taking 10 seconds to write a post is about how upset I am.

Imagine being upset about a post about Will Smith, lmao.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

teagone posted:

Joke was lovely but response was disproportionate imo. But hilarious nonetheless

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

We should be so lucky to witness millionaires slap the poo poo out of each other on live TV. More power to Will for making that happen, in defense of a loved one no less. King poo poo.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

teagone posted:

We should be so lucky to witness millionaires slap the poo poo out of each other on live TV. More power to Will for making that happen, in defense of a loved one no less. King poo poo.
Slapping the guy who made a joke about his wife but not the guy who hosed his wife.

Awesome.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Anyone taking this seriously is real lol

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

For real, lmao.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think everyone involved is going to be okay

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

My stomach hurts from laughing at this. 152 thousand likes too.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Will Smith walking up to collect his award like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Crows Turn Off posted:

Slapping the guy who made a joke about his wife but not the guy who hosed his wife.

Awesome.

No kinkshaming, normie.