Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

Anyone taking this seriously is real lol
It's not serious. Just dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Crows Turn Off posted:

Slapping the guy who made a joke about his wife but not the guy who hosed his wife.

Awesome.

Im pretty much 90% sure they had an open relationship like practically everyone in Hollywood that just got publicized. No reason to be mad about something you agreed to happen?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Crows Turn Off posted:

Slapping the guy who made a joke about his wife but not the guy who hosed his wife.

Awesome.

Who said he didn't?

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Sickening posted:

Who said he didn't?

I'll say it, if you'd like.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Trying to game out the morality of this incident between two guys who have been weird hollywood millionaires longer than some of us have been alive seems fruitless tbh, better to appreciate it for being extremely funny instead

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
Deep Water is a better movie in retrospect after this Will Smith incident. Now we can all appreciate the toll being a cuck truly takes on a man

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

ruddiger posted:

Disney literally paid for a new category and still lost to this guy.

Winning due to poll swarmers isn’t really the win you think it is, but the whole thing was stupid to begin with.

To sum up, there’s no winners here.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
I dunno, i think they announced many winners.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

BigglesSWE posted:

Winning due to poll swarmers isn’t really the win you think it is, but the whole thing was stupid to begin with.

Zack Snyder seems to have won actually.

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE

Wolfsheim posted:

Trying to game out the morality of this incident between two guys who have been weird hollywood millionaires longer than some of us have been alive seems fruitless tbh, better to appreciate it for being extremely funny instead

The funny part is a guy who’s clearly been gunning for an Oscar for decades undercutting that moment at the 11th hour.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Yeah, I do find it pretty funny that the Disney award got hijacked here. Disney are not the good guys in this situation and seeing their guaranteed Spider-man awards get taken away is pretty funny.

Darko fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Mar 28, 2022

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Mst3kmann posted:

The funny part is a guy who’s clearly been gunning for an Oscar for decades undercutting that moment at the 11th hour.

We got a pretty dope quote from Denzel out of it at least.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

CHRIS ROCK IS A HERO

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Chris Rock should get cast in the next Suicide Squad movie.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Darko posted:

Yeah, I do find it pretty funny that the Disney award got hijacked here. Disney are not the good guys in this situation and seeing their guaranteed Spider-man awards get taken away is pretty funny.

Spider-Man was a Sony movie.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Zero One posted:

Spider-Man was a Sony movie.

You're as dumb as Chris Rock throwing shade at Jada with Will Smith in the front row

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

BigglesSWE posted:

Nobody likes a party pooper

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

McSpanky posted:

You're as dumb as Chris Rock throwing shade at Jada with Will Smith in the front row

Easy now

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Ill admit it was funny to see the obvious cut to Bob Chapek sitting in the front row after some Encanto segment. He needs the ego boost.

But those fan contests were just to get Reddit/twitter/etc to post more about the Oscars. Which seems to have worked?

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Deep Water is a better movie in retrospect after this Will Smith incident. Now we can all appreciate the toll being a cuck truly takes on a man

Does nobody else know will got his own body count as well?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

incoherent posted:

will smith has never has sex with anyone famous

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

incoherent posted:

Of course we do. Chris Rock was in the in memoriam

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
The funniest part of the incident was that Will laughed at the joke initially. I wish Rock had the wherewithal to have told Jada to run the tape back when they get home.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Crows Turn Off posted:

LOL, Smith was a loving baby publicly on an internationally broadcast show. Holy poo poo. How about take a joke like every other celebrity at these events ever? What a crazy, unprofessional rear end in a top hat.

He snapped for sure. It was however an incredibly lovely joke about a black woman who has a medical condition which is causing her to go bald, and the only reason she was there was to support her husband who was winning an award.

Also, it was a great slap. Great form.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

First time I've ever seen this clip while wading through relevant hastags for laughs just now and....

https://twitter.com/Sanjistars/status/1508287845265559552

:yikes:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love gervis in that clip bc he’s so excited to say it

Wish he got decked

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

I love gervis in that clip bc he’s so excited to say it

Wish he got decked

Jerry has the funniest line in that entire thing, and the smartest take. “I haven’t found the humor in it nor do I seek it.”

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Chris Rock was probably reading from a teleprompter. A rich nerd or Bruce vilanche wrote that joke.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

FunkyAl posted:

Chris Rock was probably reading from a teleprompter. A rich nerd or Bruce vilanche wrote that joke.

Yeah it’s this I don’t understand that people can’t wrap their heads around. Every single joke uttered at the Oscars will have gone through a dozen scriptwriters and two dozen producers to find the right amount of edge, cringe and buzz-worthiness.

You can (rightfully) pan the joke all you want, don’t really make physical violence a reasonable response imo.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nah imma laugh at it and wish for more of it because it’s good entertainment from these entertainers

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

BigglesSWE posted:

Yeah it’s this I don’t understand that people can’t wrap their heads around. Every single joke uttered at the Oscars will have gone through a dozen scriptwriters and two dozen producers to find the right amount of edge, cringe and buzz-worthiness.

You can (rightfully) pan the joke all you want, don’t really make physical violence a reasonable response imo.

Slapping Chris was good actually, hth

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Talk poo poo get smithed

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

How could Will Smith have done this to a prompt-reading robot with no agency, what a terrible incident.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
My God you people are acting like he killed him. He said something lovely about a woman's medical condition and he got smacked and warned not to do it again. He was so unharmed he immediately cracked a joke about it. More comedians should get slapped for telling bad jokes.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

^lol, efb

BigglesSWE posted:

"Physical violence" makes it sound like Will Smith could've maimed or killed Chris Rock with that slap, lol.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

My feed was glitching out during fan favourite so I missed that Army of the Dead won which is LMAO I wonder how many bots unhinged Snyder stans made for that one

One of these days you'll stop being wrong, but it is not this day

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Interesting, I didn't know this about Smith. Doesn't justify violence, but does explain what might have been going on in his Smith's head.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/mar/28/will-smith-abusive-childhood-chris-rock-oscars
the Guardian

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

teagone posted:

^lol, efb

"Physical violence" makes it sound like Will Smith could've maimed or killed Chris Rock with that slap, lol.

I mean you can call it whatever you want, it’s still a childish response.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

teagone posted:

^lol, efb

Don’t look at Twitter. A lot of white woman jumping in like they were personally hit by smith and he’s getting away with murder.

I think Rosie even suggested they should strip him of his Oscar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Getting a lot of boomer “telling it like it is” energy from this. Slapping people without their consent is not cool, the *one* exception I would give would be if the person was a nazi, but otherwise, nah. Don’t.