Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

DesertIslandHermit posted:

This will only get funnier if Ted Cruz tweets about how Will Smith was unprofessional with someone making fun of his wife.
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/03/27/will-smith-slap-chris-rock-pressley-00020786

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Henceforth he shall slap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-xzA3HorfU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

As a pop culture reg, I'm morally obligated to make a post about recent happenings. Ahem

Congratulations to Chris Rock for making himself more relevant than G.I. loving Jane.

so glad im not the only one whose first thought was that the inciting joke was really awful even by academy standards

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/muzikgal78/status/1508287738159763457?s=21

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

empty whippet box posted:

if it wasn't staged then why isn't he getting arrested?

chris rock declined to press charges

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/...2b4f8d1bb663f84

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Some Guy TT posted:

so glad im not the only one whose first thought was that the inciting joke was really awful even by academy standards

has anyone else though about GI Jane in the past decade or two

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
congrats to will smith for making the oscars interesting

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

has anyone else though about GI Jane in the past decade or two

i thought about it the other day in a sort of “man remember how weird that movie was” sense

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it was a pretty drat tasteless joke in the firstplace, it being a reference so old that most people just won't get it at all without googling it adds a layer of cringe.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Nucleic Acids posted:

There was something that felt really wierd about Lady Gaga saying 'are you ready to introduce best picture'

It's like she was talking to someone at a care home

Personally I think it's sweet how kind Lady Gaga is towards the elderly. I watched a 60 Minutes segment of that show she did with Tony Bennett, poor guy has Alzheimers real bad but she helped him have one last moment in the spotlight.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

TheSlutPit posted:

Every single hollywood lib is going to have a kneejerk take on this and like 90% of them are going to be insanely racist and it’s going to be extremely funny

it's happening

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

it was a live international television broadcast, I’m not sure a victim statement is going to make or break this case

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Mantis42 posted:

Personally I think it's sweet how kind Lady Gaga is towards the elderly. I watched a 60 Minutes segment of that show she did with Tony Bennett, poor guy has Alzheimers real bad but she helped him have one last moment in the spotlight.

she's a stage talent and handled her presentation with skill; I assume she knew liza was out of it

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ho fan posted:

it was a live international television broadcast, I’m not sure a victim statement is going to make or break this case

if you are the person assaulted and you don't press charges, that's it, there is no case

quote:

A full statement from the Los Angeles Police Department reads: “LAPD investigative entities are aware of an incident between two individuals during the Academy Awards program. The incident involved one individual slapping another. The individual involved has declined to file a police report. If the involved party desires a police report at a later date, LAPD will be available to complete an investigative report.”

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

empty whippet box posted:

it was a pretty drat tasteless joke in the firstplace, it being a reference so old that most people just won't get it at all without googling it adds a layer of cringe.

I heard someone of the forum saying that Chris Rock made that joke before the awards.
So everybody probably laughed at it out of politeness, until they looked it up on their phones.

At least chris rock's most viewed video on youtube will be him being slapped instead of him telling black people to be polite to the police.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/SmokeShowing00/status/1508313562158022657

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

That's the take lol

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheyCallMeDSP/status/1508311401453928448

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/LaughsInOnika/status/1508312726841573377

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Good soup! posted:

I have never wanted to read a trump tweet more in my entire life

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Jesus Christ, I live in America, in general I know what we're like, and even still I'm loving shocked how everyone, everyone's reaction to a loving slap is "VIOLENCE! Dear me, call the police and have that brute arrested!"

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Good soup! posted:

I have never wanted to read a trump tweet more in my entire life

he'd make fun of the slap being too weak to even knock him down properly... there you go let your imagination run wild

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

lmao DSP

speng31b
May 8, 2010

all of this would be fine if we would just normalize it... Like maybe next year we have live audience voting and just taze Chris in the balls if he makes a bad joke, make the experience interactive

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

lol at everything

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

why the oscars should have a force majeure clause to change the votes for an event such as this

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

speng31b posted:

all of this would be fine if we would just normalize it... Like maybe next year we have live audience voting and just taze Chris in the balls if he makes a bad joke, make the experience interactive

how about it’s ricky gervais getting decked for his “ain’t i a stinker” routine next time instead

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

huh id heard that theyd made a movie about the dad of the williams sisters but i didnt realize will smith played the dad and also that it was supposed to be award bait

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

how about it’s ricky gervais next time instead

Yeah i mean any and every comedian really who gives a poo poo. Maybe just everyone on TV all the time

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Jesus Christ, I live in America, in general I know what we're like, and even still I'm loving shocked how everyone, everyone's reaction to a loving slap is "VIOLENCE! Dear me, call the police and have that brute arrested!"

I’m an over sensitive pacifist baby and even I’m like jfc it’s just a slap to the face

speng31b posted:

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Like would it be the worst thing if the new rule was it’s okay to slap the host of the Oscars? Like they pick a new host and they have to start training for fight night. Adds a little excitement imho

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
obviously you’d need some rules, like if it’s an old person hosting only other old people are allowed to rush the host, if it’s a kid host, only kids, like I’m not saying it should be a bloodbath, I just think why not add a fresh element to a stuffy show that’s lagging in ratings?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Trixie Hardcore posted:

obviously you’d need some rules, like if it’s an old person hosting only other old people are allowed to rush the host, if it’s a kid host, only kids, like I’m not saying it should be a bloodbath, I just think why not add a fresh element to a stuffy show that’s lagging in ratings?

will smith is fifty three loving years old and would get dropped by wanda sykes like a sack of potatoes

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

It's just disappointing how such a little thing is allowed to distract from Zack Snyder's big night.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

what's the disney award? I didn't follow that

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i say swears online posted:

will smith is fifty three loving years old and would get dropped by wanda sykes like a sack of potatoes

Wanda Sykes has a stronger backhand than Serena Williams

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Everyone gets a little armband for their weight class/age/combat abilities. Anyone in the same class you can just go to town on.

Mantis42 posted:

It's just disappointing how such a little thing is allowed to distract from Zack Snyder's big night.
If Zack Snyder wanted to make headlines, he should use his bro physique to suplex someone.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Good soup! posted:

Photoshop thread NOW

paper beats rock

Buck Wildman has issued a correction as of 07:38 on Mar 28, 2022

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

probably the millionth person to make that joke tonight but gently caress it

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

When we're all sick of this in a week or so, just remember how magical these first few hours afterwards were

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I found out about this via twitter lol at actually watching the oscars