Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

Lotus Aura posted:

Petitioning Lemon to bring back Irregular using people from this thread as guests

I volunteer. I will read anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth

Oh wow, an episode just for me! I can offer some background info:

So half an hour into this latest episode there's a story about "Blokelifting" - not in the original document but easily searchable on the site itself. It features two characters named Julian and Sandy who speak in exaggerated camp voices and use strange vocabulary. These are actually the classic characters Julian and Sandy from BBC radio series Round The Horne, two gay men who spoke in the Polari slang of the gay underground in a time when it was still illegal to be homosexual in the UK. The "Kenneth and Hugh" thanked in the story are Kenneth Williams and Hugh Paddick, the actors who played them; "Barry and Marty" are Barry Took and Marty Feldman, the creators and writers of the show. (Folks will recognise Marty Feldman as Igor from Young Frankenstein.)

All this to say, it's possible that this is the most British fetishist episode yet.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
What the gently caress

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Gertrude Perkins posted:

So half an hour into this latest episode there's a story about "Blokelifting" - not in the original document but easily searchable on the site itself. It features two characters named Julian and Sandy who speak in exaggerated camp voices and use strange vocabulary. These are actually the classic characters Julian and Sandy from BBC radio series Round The Horne, two gay men who spoke in the Polari slang of the gay underground in a time when it was still illegal to be homosexual in the UK. The "Kenneth and Hugh" thanked in the story are Kenneth Williams and Hugh Paddick, the actors who played them; "Barry and Marty" are Barry Took and Marty Feldman, the creators and writers of the show. (Folks will recognise Marty Feldman as Igor from Young Frankenstein.)

All this to say, it's possible that this is the most British fetishist episode yet.

Somehow I thought the watch fetish was as british as we could get. How is it possible that we can get more british?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Extra credits food short making me real glad to have never been to Ohio (gosaimasu)

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Gertrude Perkins posted:

Out of nowhere!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Making fun of Michigan accents... that's a change of pace

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

tokin opposition posted:

Extra credits food short making me real glad to have never been to Ohio (gosaimasu)

It’s a good reminder of how deeply-terrible US food culture was through most of the 20th century.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

At the risk of dragging current events into this thread, I feel it must be said.

https://twitter.com/RrpPnu/status/1504492516778774529

I believe you could take any random "IT'S TIME FOR POETRY!" section from an episode and they wouldn't be much worse than whatever this is.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
'Twas the night before...

Hm. Never mind.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Between the Bono poem and redditors vividly describing how they'd happily act as house staff for Zelensky while he hosed their wives, I guess there's some rule34-1 stating anything can spawn fplus content

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it feels like it's firmly in 'too soon' territory but there has to be something in the reddit 'mercenary' community that's prime F Plus poo poo, the blend of 'I'm a rank 55 elite sniper op and I will die for this country I've never heard of before this week' and 'woah wait a sec I went over there and they expected me to be cannon fodder and not an elite CoD protag??? gently caress this I'm out!' posts are just so powerful.

Also that post of the dude saying he wants to put his decade of IT work to use on the frontlines of Ukraine but wants to know if he can bring his turtle and get a private room so he doesn't have to shower with other guys.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Yeah that subject seems maybe a little dark for the show but there’s definitely schadenfreude among the elite operator war tourism posters

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
the c-spam-plus coming to a podcast app near you

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
It makes me wonder if there was pathetic talk among the volunteers from any conflict. Irishmen coming over to fight for the North in the Civil War going "hey, what the hell, how come I'm not in charge of a battalion," volunteers in the Spanish Civil War wondering why they're not flying planes when they like... never did before, that sort of stuff.

Seems to me that we've always been the same people, it's just that the internet has melted away the barriers to getting at the real shameful parts of us.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

sexpig by night posted:

it feels like it's firmly in 'too soon' territory but there has to be something in the reddit 'mercenary' community that's prime F Plus poo poo, the blend of 'I'm a rank 55 elite sniper op and I will die for this country I've never heard of before this week' and 'woah wait a sec I went over there and they expected me to be cannon fodder and not an elite CoD protag??? gently caress this I'm out!' posts are just so powerful.

Also that post of the dude saying he wants to put his decade of IT work to use on the frontlines of Ukraine but wants to know if he can bring his turtle and get a private room so he doesn't have to shower with other guys.

Yeah there's a lot of ridiculous anecdotes but I doubt they'd lend themselves well to the format.

And that latter guy with the turtle had to have been someone trolling yea?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

kalensc posted:

Yeah there's a lot of ridiculous anecdotes but I doubt they'd lend themselves well to the format.

And that latter guy with the turtle had to have been someone trolling yea?

If it's still in print you can read the letters to the editor in Soldier of Fortune magazine to get a taste.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
OH! Behind the Bastards featured readings from a survivalist magazine called The Survivor. Some or all of it is available online. Four paragraphs on how to make a houseboat. Four pages on how to make a cotton candy machine. And so much more!

https://archive.org/details/THESURVIVOR1

Edit: These are the two flavors of The Survivor. Stuff ripped off from old books and rants about the end of the world.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Mar 19, 2022

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

poo poo, I want the instructions for the post-apoc cotton candy machine

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'll pull it up in a moment, I got lost in the weeds though. Did you know you could make potatoes into billiard balls?

"Potatoes, to Solidify.--Make a solution of 4 parts of sulphuric acid in 50 parts of water. Treat peeled potatoes with this solution for thirty-six hours. Dry the mass between blotting paper and subject to great pressure. By using very strong pressure, billiard balls have been made closely resembling ivory. The material can be carved and doubtless could be used for large types."

Edit:

Okay, the cotton candy machine is only one page, and not four. I am sorry for misleading you. Here's the link!

https://ia601204.us.archive.org/Boo...cale=1&rotate=0

Edit 2: Sure, your folks may have taught you how to make Beef, Iron and Wine, but did they teach you how to make it suitable for soda fountains?

Beef, Iron and Wine for Soda Fountains.--Beef, iron and wine, 1oz; vanilla sirup, 3 oz.
For Dispensing.--For 2 qts.: concentrated extract of beef, 2 oz.; pyrophosphate iron, 1/2 gr. (dissolve in 1/2 pt. boiling water). Add tincture curacao, 2oz.; tincture orange peel, 2 oz.; sirup, 2 1/2 oz.; alcohol 12 1/2 oz.; solution citrate of ammonia, 2 oz.; sherry wine, 23 oz.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 19, 2022

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Would anyone like to team up on a doc for this magazine series? There's a lot of good information in this. Like, how to make your own toothpaste. The world must know!

"The main ingredient of toothpaste is calcium carbonate--called whitening. You can order it through any house paint store. Over a year's supply of 25 pounds costs 12 cents a pound or $3.00. Enough honey to give it the right consistency would give you at least 30-lbs of fine toothpaste for under $10.00. (You don't make it all up at the same time.) Instead of a toothpaste tube, us a plastic mustard or catsup squeeze bottle bought at the dime store. Keep it by the toothbrushes and upside-down."

Edit: Why yes, the toothpaste instruction is on the same page as to how to make a mini arrow shooter and how to find out if your new town could repel a communist invasion and rebuild after the nukes fall.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 19, 2022

Hexaoct
May 1, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

I'll pull it up in a moment, I got lost in the weeds though. Did you know you could make potatoes into billiard balls?

"Potatoes, to Solidify.--Make a solution of 4 parts of sulphuric acid in 50 parts of water. Treat peeled potatoes with this solution for thirty-six hours. Dry the mass between blotting paper and subject to great pressure. By using very strong pressure, billiard balls have been made closely resembling ivory. The material can be carved and doubtless could be used for large types."

Just making homebrew nitrocellulose, no biggie.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The potato balls will only blow up when struck by something, what are the odds of that?

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Hexaoct posted:

Just making homebrew nitrocellulose, no biggie.

Straight from the wikipedia page for nitrocellulose

quote:

Because of its explosive nature, not all applications of nitrocellulose were successful. In 1869, with elephants having been poached to near extinction, the billiards industry offered a US$10,000 prize to whomever came up with the best replacement for ivory billiard balls. John Wesley Hyatt created the winning replacement, which he created with a new material he invented, called camphored nitrocellulose—the first thermoplastic, better known as Celluloid. The invention enjoyed a brief popularity, but the Hyatt balls were extremely flammable, and sometimes portions of the outer shell would explode upon impact. An owner of a billiard saloon in Colorado wrote to Hyatt about the explosive tendencies, saying that he did not mind very much personally but for the fact that every man in his saloon immediately pulled a gun at the sound.[51][52] The process used by Hyatt to manufacture the billiard balls, patented in 1881,[53] involved placing the mass of nitrocellulose in a rubber bag, which was then placed in a cylinder of liquid and heated. Pressure was applied to the liquid in the cylinder, which resulted in a uniform compression on the nitrocellulose mass, compressing it into a uniform sphere as the heat vaporized the solvents. The ball was then cooled and turned to make a uniform sphere. In light of the explosive results, this process was called the "Hyatt gun method".[54]

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Youth Decay posted:

Straight from the wikipedia page for nitrocellulose

See! Perfectly safe! It never set a bar on fire, and any gunshot wounds were, by definition, caused by gun shots.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Okay, crazy racist guys is still alive, I don't want him to get exposure that might profit him.

There's a sliver of good news, a lot of the stuff he published was stolen from the public domain. So there can still be a doc filled with 18th and 19th century maybe unsafe recipes!

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Extra Credit rants about teens ranting.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Oh god The Teens are still teens but now they're too online and instead of calling their friends bitches they say they're toxic

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Roblox Daycare loving broke me

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lumbermouth posted:

Roblox Daycare loving broke me

at first I was so worried it was some kid exploring an insane fetish and instead it was way weirder

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

They’re just trying their best and get no thanks for all their hard work!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lumbermouth posted:

They’re just trying their best and get no thanks for all their hard work!

I loved the 'when will Discord put in a union card feature?' joke after all that

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

oh my god i forgot about this entirely

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Which episode is it where Kumquat says "dangreous"

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
sins of the djinn I think

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

the guy who lost his houna djinn and hypnoloser from the hypnofetish mp3 ep are some of the best bozarth characters

though thinking back to the hypnofetish ep he's got a good mad libs voice for one of the doms too

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

quote:

my friend donut summon a djinn as your first, as they can be powerful and dangreous

yesss

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Jimmy Neutron thing didn't phase me. Kids today love watching Totally Spies, Clarence, Sailor Moon, Sword Art Online, Pita Ten, Penn Zero Part Time Hero, Sailor Moon Crystal, Regular Show, Adventure Time, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Twelve Forever, Amphibia, Uncle Grandpa, The Loud House, Littlest Pet Shop, Mew Mew Power, Camp Lazlo, Ed, Edd n Eddy, Codename: Kids Next Door, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, PowerPuff Girls, Ben 10, Dexter's Laboratory, Angel Beats, and many other shows, so long as their parents don't break their tibia, fibula, femur, humerus and pelvis.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Recently browsed through all the recipe episodes using the put all that poo poo in a bowl tag, and they're all great (also the hosts are guaranteed to get angry in every single one, it's hilarious). I can't believe they haven't done a food episode since 2015!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Zero_Grade posted:

Recently browsed through all the recipe episodes using the put all that poo poo in a bowl tag, and they're all great (also the hosts are guaranteed to get angry in every single one, it's hilarious). I can't believe they haven't done a food episode since 2015!

2015, really?! I need to go back to those again, they were also some of my favorites & it's been long enough the horrors might run new again. After listening for so long I hugely prefer the eps that aren't 100% sex poo poo. Like in the end those are people just jerking off about whatever and even the weird ones tend to be pretty one-note. Stuff like recipes/monkey children/root beer reviews can really veer off into places unexpected :yum: