Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jesus, they've been banging at this Brock vs Roman drum for four years now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

edogawa rando posted:

Don't be silly, of course they haven't.

Their first Wrestlemania match was SEVEN years ago lmao

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Was that the one that Seth joined halfway through? loving hell, I'd forgotten all about that.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Seth's cash-in is arguably the most memorable thing about the whole feud timeline whatever

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Seth's cash-in is arguably the most memorable thing about the whole feud timeline whatever

Yeah that cash-in is probably the last thing in WWE that made me sit up and be interested.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Should also note that some Black News Channel staff are saying the company has not paid out their final paychecks, which is indeed lovely behavior that should be called out ... but has nothing at all to do with Tony Khan or AEW. At least with the XFL, or the WBF, Vince was deeply involved.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

So here's a comment from a Kobashi/Misawa 2003 upload on YouTube:

well, this chap seems perfectly rational and definitely not trolling at all, nope! Let's see what his videos are like:

hmm, this seems like a video that's gonna make a compelling argument and isn't just going to be :cloud: bullshit! Instead of watching it, let's check the comments:

tl;dr: 'wrestling was better when I was 8'

Venomous fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Mar 28, 2022

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

edogawa rando posted:

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Eh, they have faced:

-Once in 2015 (Mania, became a 3-way)
-Once in 2016 (3-way with Ambrose)
-Once in 2017 (4-way with Braun and Joe)
-Thrice in 2018 (Mania, Saudi, SummerSlam)
-Once in 2021 (Saudi)

IMO they've been used them quite sparingly, considering that both have been consistently top-3 guys and their 1vs1s would have been guaranteed money matches.

(Brock being away a lot and Roman's few long breaks helped)

Kennel fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Mar 28, 2022

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The weirdest thing for me about the rambling ranters like that guy is... why don't you go and do something else? If all wrestling sucks, can't you find a hobby that doesn't?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Kennel posted:

Eh, they have faced:

-Once in 2015 (Mania, became a 3-way)
-Once in 2016 (3-way with Ambrose)
-Once in 2017 (4-way with Braun and Joe)
-Thrice in 2018 (Mania, Saudi, SummerSlam)
-Once in 2021 (Saudi)

IMO they've been used them quite sparingly, considering that both have been consistently top-3 guys and their 1vs1s would have been guaranteed money matches.

(Brock being away a lot and Roman's few long breaks helped)

hard disagree, that’s way too many high profile matches for basically any single pairing. the problem is that while yes, they are top guys, they are in many ways the only consistent top guys wwe has because they’ve painted themselves into a corner.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sleepwalkers posted:

hard disagree, that’s way too many high profile matches for basically any single pairing

Oh boy, don't ask how many times Okada and Tanahashi have faced each other

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rarity posted:

11 times, 12 if you count okadas young lion match, all 11 matches were either a G1 or IWGP title match.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And that's over like 12 years

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They had 3 in a year a couple of times but Okada/Tanahashi is a hot feud whereas Roman/Brock felt forced for all the matches

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Lamuella posted:

The weirdest thing for me about the rambling ranters like that guy is... why don't you go and do something else? If all wrestling sucks, can't you find a hobby that doesn't?
Hatewatching is also a hobby for some. I don't get it, but eh.

The part of the rant that struck me was the "literally nobody is asking for these guys autographs today". Well, Misawa's dead, so you got me there, but whenever Kobashi shows up at a wrestling event the dude is treated like absolute royalty. I thought his logic was going to be "was never in WWE" but he apparently hates that too, so I have no metric of what his definition of "huge star" is.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

lol Brad

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Its a little amazing how pathetic Brad Shepard is

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

The guy says millennials have narcissistic Twitter accounts… and an avatar of Donald Trump

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ah yes, noted not a star Mitsuhara Misawa, who had 26,000 people attend his memorial service, in a line one & a half miles long (in the middle of a hot & humid Japanese summer at that). A turnout rivalled by Giant Baba & no one else.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MrBling posted:

lol Brad

I think Shoemaker annoys me more than Brad.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

sticklefifer posted:

Hatewatching is also a hobby for some. I don't get it, but eh.

The part of the rant that struck me was the "literally nobody is asking for these guys autographs today". Well, Misawa's dead, so you got me there, but whenever Kobashi shows up at a wrestling event the dude is treated like absolute royalty. I thought his logic was going to be "was never in WWE" but he apparently hates that too, so I have no metric of what his definition of "huge star" is.

It's Hogan and Warrior and 2001 HHH and anyone else whose blood stream is 50% steroids

Vince did a really good job of brainwashing multiple generations of fans that being huge is all that matters and that nobody cares about skillful wrestling.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

Ah yes, noted not a star Mitsuhara Misawa, who had 26,000 people attend his memorial service, in a line one & a half miles long (in the middle of a hot & humid Japanese summer at that). A turnout rivalled by Giant Baba & no one else.

But he doesn't know who Misawa is. So therefore not famous.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Move aside Shave Seltzer.

https://twitter.com/Sashank__/status/1508506563002380293

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Rarity posted:

exception that proves the rule :colbert:

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Phony Con is right there come on

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
How... how does that guy think Khan is pronounced?

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Tomato Khan

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

They had 3 in a year a couple of times but Okada/Tanahashi is a hot feud whereas Roman/Brock felt forced for all the matches

I saw someone today suggest Roman/Brock was one of the greatest feuds of all time and it was just wild considering how few people I've seen who seem to genuinely care about it

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Rarity posted:

At least all of those matches rule, the Roman/Brock matches are all pretty bad, and I'm like Roman more than most here

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Imagine thinking that the match was overly hated and the IWC just refused to like Roman before finishing off with Brock winning being the right move. People specifically hated the match because it ended up making Roman look like a bitch in a story that refused to end, at least Roman winning would have finished it.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Venomous posted:

So here's a comment from a Kobashi/Misawa 2003 upload on YouTube:

tl;dr: 'wrestling was better when I was 8'

My favorite part of this rant is the part about how millennial wrestlers "only care about getting their poo poo in"

Because 90's wrestlers are loving famous for being giving in the ring you know?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

what a dreary life people lead when they don't know who Misawa or Kobashi is.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/draconIANdays/status/1508618097556664323

Beyond being completely bizarre this isn't even true several Main Event Mafia members are not in the Hall of Fame.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

https://twitter.com/draconIANdays/status/1508618097556664323

Beyond being completely bizarre this isn't even true several Main Event Mafia members are not in the Hall of Fame.

Wasn't Joe in that group at one point, for example?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/ToruYanoFanAcct/status/1508763076232896513?t=d5zpmKPgq3G5BFLAHWSfQg&s=19

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

and in those two weeks, they had an awesome brawl where Jeff got to do an insane stunt.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I clicked through and criticism in question is from Jim Cornette so lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Wasn't Joe in that group at one point, for example?

And Traci Brooks.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Don't forget the most important MEMber, their financial backer who helped them to pay for Joe's services, Survivor-Jenna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Germansimp posted:

Don't forget the most important MEMber, their financial backer who helped them to pay for Joe's services, Survivor-Jenna.

I think Jenna wasn't an official member but Traci somehow was. I also don't think Sharmell was an official member.