Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

Flakey posted:

Validating your files will never fix issues like this because they are not caused by corrupted data. People who suggest this are the same people who call parts of a game they don't understand "bugged".

Jeez did I poo poo in your bed or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I think blue horrors split from individual pink horrors when they die though? So you could bodge it and have the blue horrors pop up on unit death, but that doesn't match what's supposed to actually be happening.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Yeah you could make a unit of pink horrors have half the model count of a unit of blue horrors and spawn a unit of blues on unit death a la hellpits. It wouldn't be the same as having two models of blues spawn in every time a pink model died but it could work.

Having two blues spawn in every time a pink died sounds like a nightmare though.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I'm Lord of Chaos Tzeentch and I'm here to say
My daemons work in a hierarchical specific way!

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I'd love to see the Nurgling animators take on Brimstone Horrors. If only for a spell effect of the like.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
It might be potentially doable through the battle scripting though likely a complete mess.

When a pink unit loses a model, if a linked blue unit doesn't already exist spawn one in the same spot with model count = 2. If a linked unit already exists, then rather apply the resurrection heal effect equivalent to ~2 blue models to the linked blue unit (even though the new blue unit might be on the other side of the map now)

Dunno if you can apply a "effect" (for the healing) via battle script. Spawning a unit definitely seems to be something you can do as seen in some mods (or is it? they do tend to be spells or something activated)

lurksion fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Mar 28, 2022

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Flakey posted:

This is already in the game in the form of Clanrats coming out of Hellpit abominations when they die.

But the abomination is a single unit - you lose one card, gain another. Can't apply the same logic directly to horrors. What happens when I've got two armies of 20 Pink Horrors and they start splitting? Do I suddenly have 80 unit cards, half of which are two-model blue horror units? Or do I have a single unit of blue horrors stretched all over the map?

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
they could do a thing like chaos spawn from morghur’s item but putting it on every basic infantry unit seems like a big pain in the rear end for performance and balance

A single pink horror being like 1200 points or whatever would be annoying as hell

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009
Games > Total War: Warhammer 3 - Inside You There Are Not Blue Horrors

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Choyi posted:

Regarding passive movement buff, now since wh3 that is already a thing, you do in fact get a 10%(points) movement increase when starting in friendly territory(including allied and vassal controlled regions).
Ofc the game is real bad at indicating this clearly but easy to test urself as when starting a campaign and hovering over movement you will see that you have 110 movement points on your first turn, then end turn in a enemy region and next turn you should have just the base 100 points.

Also to note on movement; the tooltips are all outdated and refer to % when its actually using a movement Points costs for each stance.
Ambush stance for example requires 25 points not 25%.

Yeah this game is a mess with its ui and bad information.

If I'm understanding this right, if you go in to encamp stance in friendly territory, move your 60 movement points remaining in to enemy territory, then come out of encamp stance, the game now sees you as only having 40 movement points remaining (100 base - 60 moved) and unable to go back in to encamp stance? I feel like I've left encamp stance only to be unable to go back in to it before.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Nah, movement points are decided at the beginning of your turn. If you start in a friendly province you get a boost, doesn't matter if you stance dance before or after, the only qualifier for entering or exiting a stance is if you specifically have enough movement points when you go to do it. So if you start in friendly territory, you have 110, and can move 60 units and still have enough for encampment.

Where it gets confusing is how inaccurate and imprecise the percentage bar can be, given stuff like route marcher, speed ancillaries and heroes. But if you have enough movement to enter a stance, you should be able to enter and exit that stance freely, with the only exception being forced march.

For your bug, and while I'm not sure about this, but it is possible, is that while in a stance you can slightly overshoot your movement points to be in that stance due to rounding, leaving you enough to exit to normal stance and not enough to get back into encampment.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Onehandclapping posted:

Nah, movement points are decided at the beginning of your turn. If you start in a friendly province you get a boost, doesn't matter if you stance dance before or after, the only qualifier for entering or exiting a stance is if you specifically have enough movement points when you go to do it. So if you start in friendly territory, you have 110, and can move 60 units and still have enough for encampment.

Where it gets confusing is how inaccurate and imprecise the percentage bar can be, given stuff like route marcher, speed ancillaries and heroes. But if you have enough movement to enter a stance, you should be able to enter and exit that stance freely, with the only exception being forced march.

For your bug, and while I'm not sure about this, but it is possible, is that while in a stance you can slightly overshoot your movement points to be in that stance due to rounding, leaving you enough to exit to normal stance and not enough to get back into encampment.

CA :argh:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Also, most importantly, you need to be given a certain amount of move speed bonus to chase down enemies who are right at the edge of your range

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009
One of the big Chaos mods for wh2 implemented blue horrors via the dying blow mechanic from dwarf slayers. Whenever a pick horror dies two blues appear, swing at the enemy once and then disappear.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

So is the 1.1 patch likely gonna drop next week?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Laughing Zealot posted:

So is the 1.1 patch likely gonna drop next week?

We have no idea, but I wouldn't expect it that soon. We haven't heard much about it since last week or the week before, whatever it was.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

dogstile posted:

Lol, does it work if you just press "halt" and then "fire at will" or does it do the same shuffle?

I'm assuming it thinks its gonna hit the gunners at the front.

It wouldn't matter what I did. Once artillery decides it won't fire then no artillery will fire for that battle. If the AI had artillery in that battle it would be doing the same thing.

I guess I'm the only one that has the bug?

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Gonkish posted:

We have no idea, but I wouldn't expect it that soon. We haven't heard much about it since last week or the week before, whatever it was.

They specifically said "early next month" in their blog post about it. I'd say next week is plausible, although the week after might be more likely.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

ZeusJupitar posted:

One of the big Chaos mods for wh2 implemented blue horrors via the dying blow mechanic from dwarf slayers. Whenever a pick horror dies two blues appear, swing at the enemy once and then disappear.

That’s perfect

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It wouldn't matter what I did. Once artillery decides it won't fire then no artillery will fire for that battle. If the AI had artillery in that battle it would be doing the same thing.

I guess I'm the only one that has the bug?

Someone had the same issue when the game launched, I think they found a fix but you'd have to go looking for it.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

orangelex44 posted:

They specifically said "early next month" in their blog post about it. I'd say next week is plausible, although the week after might be more likely.

I would think the week after is the most likely, but then again with companies like this sometimes "early" means "literally the last second on the penultimate day".

So probably the week after next, unless we hear something before then.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
https://i.imgur.com/0TOIdE0.mp4

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Behold the alchemical might of Cathay

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Reloaded the exact same battle and put them in the exact same position and they completed annihilated the other army.

Please enjoy these satisfying explosion sounds to make up for all my bitching about this stupid artillery bug that's driving me insane.

https://i.imgur.com/HtdoDhS.mp4

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Should I feel bad about how bad I’m abusing this bug in my legendary campaign that gives every Khorne unit Vanguard deployment?

Not a fan of the minor settlement garrisons though. It’s just sword and board infantry with a few Bloodletters, hounds, and furies, with no halberds or fast-moving heavy-hitters. Still, they can take most of what’s thrown at them as long as there aren’t too many soul grinders. Tzeentch gives me the most trouble, they’re surprisingly tough to grind down. Since the AI can’t use Slaanesh effectively, they’re functionally you but worse. Ogres seem to lose to basic warriors. You have to get the drop on Kislev if they have better numbers, but they eventually fold. Cathay folds easily if you vanguard in their face, though you’ll be stuck having to grind down terracotta sentinels.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Dr Christmas posted:

Should I feel bad about how bad I’m abusing this bug in my legendary campaign that gives every Khorne unit Vanguard deployment?

It is not a bug

All units of khorne are referred to as dogs.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Dr Christmas posted:

Not a fan of the minor settlement garrisons though. It’s just sword and board infantry with a few Bloodletters, hounds, and furies, with no halberds or fast-moving heavy-hitters. Still, they can take most of what’s thrown at them as long as there aren’t too many soul grinders. Tzeentch gives me the most trouble, they’re surprisingly tough to grind down. Since the AI can’t use Slaanesh effectively, they’re functionally you but worse. Ogres seem to lose to basic warriors. You have to get the drop on Kislev if they have better numbers, but they eventually fold. Cathay folds easily if you vanguard in their face, though you’ll be stuck having to grind down terracotta sentinels.

Nah, Vanguard just makes the fun parts happen faster

Khorne just seems like the most fun melee focused army in WH3, closely followed by Ogres. I'd say Khorne wins out simply because their lords are more fun (Skarbrand/Bloodthirsters). It just feels good to rush into an enemy army from all sides and then unleash multiple demon portals all around them and watch the whirlwind of carnage ensue

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Does anyone else have the issue where there are fog effects that follow the camera? Is it because I use the debug camera mode? It's really annoying and I always try to assault settlements from the side where the camera isn't facing the fog.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Are you talking about that weird thing that happens where there is a super zoomed in couple of smoke particles oscillating in one side of the screen (like 2 or 3 semi transparent, massive white squares)? It happens to me sometimes then it goes away on its own after thirty seconds.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Panfilo posted:

Are you talking about that weird thing that happens where there is a super zoomed in couple of smoke particles oscillating in one side of the screen (like 2 or 3 semi transparent, massive white squares)? It happens to me sometimes then it goes away on its own after thirty seconds.

That doesn't sound familiar. For me it just looks like fog effects but it's anchored to the camera position instead of being stationary. It comes in different colors presumably depending on corruption.

This might just be a thing like the shallow water textures from 1997 and I'm just noticing it because I zoom out so far with the debug camera. Is there a mod that disables fog yet? I searched for "fog" in the modding discord but didn't find anything.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Graphical movie mods seem to be in short supply overall, maybe once the toolkit appears.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
This is pretty clever and I'm looking forward to trying this out tonight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du_aX5mu0Uw

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I've tried that. They blue

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I just had the bug happen again where the entire bloodhost army disappears after a battle if the single model within the unit of Exalted Bloodletters that is the actual "lord" dies in battle, even if you win.

This time it happened while the army solo defeated an enemy settlement. An extra infuriating side effect is that apparently the army disappears before the post-battle options are carried out, and the option you click doesn't happen!

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I wouldn't have uninstalled TW2 if i knew CA was gonna release a beta and take a month to fix WH3. You'd think they would have learned from vortex and not put so much effort into this stupid game mode that is literally a place holder while they finish IE which everyone wants.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Arghy posted:

I wouldn't have uninstalled TW2 if i knew CA was gonna release a beta and take a month to fix WH3. You'd think they would have learned from vortex and not put so much effort into this stupid game mode that is literally a place holder while they finish IE which everyone wants.

I wouldn't mind if the Realm of Chaos was good, the game being broken AND Realm of Chaos being not-fun is the issue.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

I was too busy to play WH3 when it first came out, and despite all the bad feedback, I figured I should try a campaign before picking up triangle strategy or something. So I'm doing Skrag since the ogres will probably be nerfed.

I haven't played two since last fall so I'm definitely not building my armies and such fast enough. I was definitely spoiled by how varied the lords and heroes were at the end of 2, I'm mostly just hiring the tyrants as my lords and hoping for cool "big names" to differentiate them since the spellcasters don't seem any more interesting than the caster heroes. It's weird that ogres don't have a big melee combat hero.

I'm like 90 or so turns in and I haven't really had to upgrade my armies too much, the t1/t2 ogre infantry is nuts. I've overused the gnoblar trappers, they have become pretty underwhelming but the standard gnoblars are really cheap walls (especially with the gnoblarkicker Name which gives all your gnoblar units unbreakable) and the bulls are really good cheap infantry that can go toe to toe with everything so far but the higher tier khorne and nurgle boys. I made a gnoblar (and trapper and gnoblar scrap artillery) and hero only army that has been fun, since I can't effectively autoresolve the battles but them being unbreakable means they punch way out of their weight class despite costing nothing upkeep-wise.

Gorgers are really good and another fun army with Skrag, as I also can run a hunter and the cats and have basically all my army be stalk/vanguard, but while I can see why they must be nuts in multiplayer, they don't feel doomstack-y outside small settlement battles (where they can amble in and cap all the points). I'm pretty bad at spellcasting so I feel like I'm not great at making Skrag kill-y, especially since he is usually starting away from the front line, which has made his special quest item a lot less dependable.

I'm buddies with Todbringer and we've wiped out and claimed most of the central empire. I've gotten a hang of the demon realm thing (had to betray Cathay to get my first soul, though, and only just now my diplomacy is recovering), and I'm the #3 power in the world after Kislev and some unknown other team (likely one of the demons as the two Cathay factions and Goldtooth are 4-6). Now I just need to figure out where to go next and how to best use the encampments further off, since I'm really only using two so far.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Dr Christmas posted:

I just had the bug happen again where the entire bloodhost army disappears after a battle if the single model within the unit of Exalted Bloodletters that is the actual "lord" dies in battle, even if you win.

This time it happened while the army solo defeated an enemy settlement. An extra infuriating side effect is that apparently the army disappears before the post-battle options are carried out, and the option you click doesn't happen!

Yup, I keep trying to remember to keep those exalteds back from the fight to keep that from happening but I got it twice in my last Skarbrand run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Ravenfood posted:

Yeah you could make a unit of pink horrors have half the model count of a unit of blue horrors and spawn a unit of blues on unit death a la hellpits. It wouldn't be the same as having two models of blues spawn in every time a pink model died but it could work.

Having two blues spawn in every time a pink died sounds like a nightmare though.

That would get silly; you'd end up with the last three pink horrors in a unit dying and suddenly there are 120 blue horrors.

The only way I can think of to implement a sensible split is that a "pink horror unit" is really a pink-and-blue horror unit that contains models of both types.