Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
:monar:

face hunter always does well during rotations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm not sure it's in the general quest package, because everyone was down on it when it was spoiled, but Dragonbane Shot does heavy lifting for me. No one seems to play around it and just dump their 2 health minions on the board.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Just hit legend. Did my climb mostly with Beast Druid, switched to Shadow Priest to break out of D5 jail, then back to Druid from D2-L.

Shadow Priest felt especially nice with the new Blademaster legendary. That card is going to see lots of play and be really annoying.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Edit: eh, what's the point.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I'm not sure it's in the general quest package, because everyone was down on it when it was spoiled, but Dragonbane Shot does heavy lifting for me. No one seems to play around it and just dump their 2 health minions on the board.

Yeah I absolutely love that cards.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Chernabog posted:

Quest hunter might not be good depending on what spells they lose both from the rotation or the core set changing.

Yeah it’s really hard to make any predictions about the meta without knowing the core set.

EDIT: Btw a dev has confirmed Unstable Evolution is being changed to Echo so it can’t go below 1 mana, and WILL get a dust refund.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 25, 2022

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

In taunt Druid 2 health minions is all I've got until my big spell at 5 mana so maybe I should just concede when I know Hunter has it and move on.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
I already miss Friend of a Friend.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

so the League characters are indeed coming..... to Duels, as dual-class heroes

neat

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Excelzior posted:

so the League characters are indeed coming..... to Duels, as dual-class heroes

neat

And if you unlocked their treasures in their single-player mode, they'll stay unlocked for Duels. So that's neat.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Whose the rear end in a top hat playing Res Priest and loving it? ME!!!

### ResPriest
# Class: Priest
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (2) Resurrect
# 2x (2) Shadow Visions
# 1x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 1x (3) Amulet of Undying
# 2x (3) Palm Reading
# 1x (4) Archmage Vargoth
# 2x (4) Eternal Servitude
# 2x (5) Mass Hysteria
# 2x (6) Shadow Essence
# 1x (7) Humongous Owl
# 2x (7) Lesser Diamond Spellstone
# 1x (8) Catrina Muerte
# 2x (8) Mo'arg Forgefiend
# 1x (8) Xyrella, the Devout
# 2x (9) Blood of G'huun
# 2x (9) Mass Resurrection
# 2x (9) Obsidian Statue
#
AAEBAaOrBAbWmQOTmwOMgQStigToiwTXkgQM+hHRwQLlzALmzAK0zgLj6QKXhwOZmwOTugPi3gP63wPM+QMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Desert Bus posted:

Whose the rear end in a top hat playing Res Priest and loving it? ME!!!

Reporting this to the Hague for war crimes.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I mean, there's not much play around you can do. It's not like it's going away, and they can always angle to get other Minions to 2 health just to proc it again. The play around is 'Don't play a Minion they can Dragonshot' and then you're crippling yourself to avoid one card.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Is cobalt spellkin bugged? i always get identical 1-cost spells from it now

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

nevermind, turns out wings of hate is somehow the only legal card in the spellkin pool for demon hunter lol.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

:allears:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Love how that looks across different cards

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

So played on an empty board without any targeted removal or board clear gets you three 2/2 taunts and then a 9/11, for 7 mana. Is that how these work? Seems quite good value...

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

🎶 gla-vey shark doo doo doo 🎶

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

going to build piranha shaman into the scourge of bronze-diamond

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

GTO posted:

So played on an empty board without any targeted removal or board clear gets you three 2/2 taunts and then a 9/11, for 7 mana. Is that how these work? Seems quite good value...

It has the advantage of not being completely taken out be targeted removal, either. 7 mana for three 2/2 taunts and making your opponent use their removal isn't horrible. So basically only a board clear can really counter it. I can see it being a popular card if it fits into any decks.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Glugg seems fairly whatever compared to the other colossal minions tbh. No immediate board effect, 2/2 taunts are basically an afterthought, and the best case scenario is you get a big vanilla minion

Capped
Jun 21, 2005
How many days are left until the Honor track is done? I just started the High Warlord 1400.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Glugg seems fairly whatever compared to the other colossal minions tbh. No immediate board effect, 2/2 taunts are basically an afterthought, and the best case scenario is you get a big vanilla minion

Glugg being four bodies on whatever type of summon and Shaman traditionally having ways to cheat out big minions makes me raise an eyebrow at the least.

Is there any Evolve stuff going into this Standard?

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Generally having more bodies is better though? Glugg is fairly resistant to removal, against anything but premier board wipes at least something will stick around.

The bigger concern is that Shaman right now is just not really equipped to mess around with 7-mana minions. For most board states Snowfall Guardian is just better for one mana cheaper. In a vacuum Glugg is a more than fair card, but unless we get some meta change it's unoptimized enough to be unplayable.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

orangelex44 posted:

Generally having more bodies is better though? Glugg is fairly resistant to removal, against anything but premier board wipes at least something will stick around.

The bigger concern is that Shaman right now is just not really equipped to mess around with 7-mana minions. For most board states Snowfall Guardian is just better for one mana cheaper. In a vacuum Glugg is a more than fair card, but unless we get some meta change it's unoptimized enough to be unplayable.

Honestly, that's the problem with their "board control via a billion rushing fish that buff each others' attack" card package. It can do some interesting things (and could be fun to buff Glugg) but it's not better board control than "freeze their entire board and murder them with multiple 10/10s".

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

This sure is something.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Doji Sekushi posted:

This sure is something.

It's a better showstopper and is gonna be run in every aggro deck when shamanstone is here in two weeks

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Doji Sekushi posted:

This sure is something.

Yeah… that’s going into everything as a counter to Rattles & Colossals, isn’t it.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
That's the best Silence card ever printed no? Cheap as well. Definitely needed in the age of the Colossal keyword.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
It's even a beast for beast druid synergy! Just sequence correctly!

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
drat, compare to Owl: 3 mana 2/1, silence one minion.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Flayer posted:

That's the best Silence card ever printed no? Cheap as well. Definitely needed in the age of the Colossal keyword.

Nah, Shard of the Naaru is a good deal better. But outside of Priest it might be.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I haven't played with sound for years. Do silenced minions still make attack and death sounds?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

The card that silence priest has been waiting for.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Wow, an actual counter to snowfall!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Looks like Warlock has a new gimmick. That it doesn't even do 1 damage at first seems pretty lovely though

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I don’t get it. Why would the opponent play the card they were given?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I don’t get it. Why would the opponent play the card they were given?

To avoid taking damage at the start of their turn, and to it also clogs their hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Abyssal Curse is absolute dogshit on that 1 card but if it's something that can be given in multiple ways it could be ok. They flirted with this idea many moons ago with a 2 mana card card that gave a 2 mana curse but that was a complete dud because it was a tempo draw at best with nothing else to it. However since this curse comes with hopefully a set of cards that feature potential tempo swings like this one those 2 mana doodads could get annoying. Plus the damage ramps better.

Flayer fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Mar 29, 2022