Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

AARD VARKMAN posted:

rain is my favorite weather by far

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

Literally A Person posted:

Rain is where I live. I am of it.

:yayclod:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Speaking of this; I went on a run today that starts at the highway and goes out to the beach. It's like a few miles round trip. Right as I crested the slip face of the dune closest to the sea it started raining and, goons, it was p magical. It makes me really happy that running in the woods is the only exercise I like.

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
i only eat sausages in counts of 4

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

its_my_birthday posted:

i only eat sausages in counts of 4

A slim jim is a sausage.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
this is "a sausage"

Please eat four of these now, on camera for me.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

AARD VARKMAN posted:

this is "a sausage"

Please eat four of these now, on camera for me.

When you look up the word "compensating" in the dictionary this is the picture.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
that's what he said lol (before he put the giant sausage in his gob)

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
wait that barely makes any sense just imagine someone else posted "i am about to put this giant sausage in my mouth" before i said that

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You're about to put that giant sausage in your mouth

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

AARD VARKMAN posted:

rain is my favorite weather by far which is why i live somewhere it snows 8 months a year and is dry as dirt otherwise

RAIN BAD! :catbert:

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Big Beef City posted:

You're about to put that giant sausage in your mouth

yummy!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

If I am of rain....

...and rain is bad.......

NO. NO YOU ARE BAD

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

Literally A Person posted:

Speaking of this; I went on a run today that starts at the highway and goes out to the beach. It's like a few miles round trip. Right as I crested the slip face of the dune closest to the sea it started raining and, goons, it was p magical. It makes me really happy that running in the woods is the only exercise I like.

:yayclod:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I cooked all my pork chops because they were getting dangerously close to expiring (they looked/tasted/felt perfectly fine but I didn't expect that to last much longer)

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I used the drippings to make a gravy to go over them and steamed some broccoli

pretty good dinner :thumbsup:

and got leftovers for days :thumbsup::thumbsup:

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
great meat page so far good job

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
fart

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
i think if i had a pet chicken and a pet pig and pet cow that be awesome and i probably wouldnt eat meat anymore so i blame my unhealthy meat compulsion on the hellscape that is us housing cause taking personal responsibility is dumb

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
if you're only using a glass to drink tap water how often do you wash it whats the acceptable level of gunk on the rim look like to you. i got kinda a salted rim look going

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
but i mean only if i hold it up to the light and really look at it. it looks pretty normal otherwise

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

its_my_birthday posted:

i think if i had a pet chicken and a pet pig and pet cow that be awesome and i probably wouldnt eat meat anymore so i blame my unhealthy meat compulsion on the hellscape that is us housing cause taking personal responsibility is dumb

my dad once got me and my sisters pets just for us to slaughter and eat them when they got big, I think he thought it would teach us an important lesson about where food comes from or death or something

when they got big he couldn't go through with it lmao

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
whew that's good. what animals were they?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

its_my_birthday posted:

whew that's good. what animals were they?

rabbits

we named them rare, medium rare, and well done :v:

if you want a happy end to this story don't click on the spoilers

my dad gave them to my uncle who killed and ate them

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
man

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I'm sorry that I killed the thread with that story

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
nah that was a good story bobby

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

watching the rocketeer

this movie rules

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I forgot that one of the bad guys is a 7 foot tall gangster in crazy dick tracy facial prosthetics

every time I see his face I crack up

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

I think my mom mentioned once that during WW2 here, her mom and her parents again traded their rabbits with the neighbours, so they could at least avoid eating their own rabbits. Which seems sensible.

Also, it's 11:44, I'm very sleepy, and I forgot my allergy medication. Bleh.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

We went to a farmers market in an old textile mill that is vacant except for the market and you can get standard stuff - veg, eggs, local meat, honey, etc.

I am wandering about and I see Mrs Beer standing in a corridor holding a tiny brown bunny. She wanted to adopt the bunny for Beer Jr. Uh huh, sure. Turns out a local farm was "selling" the rabbits for cost of rearing until then as they had an unexpected litter.

Well that bunny sure was adorable and we named her and loved her for years.

I can't eat rabbit since that fateful day.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

its_my_birthday posted:

if you're only using a glass to drink tap water how often do you wash it whats the acceptable level of gunk on the rim look like to you. i got kinda a salted rim look going

I’d say probably wash the glass.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

TIP posted:

watching the rocketeer

this movie rules

Jennifer Connelly in that movie though…WOWZAS

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

TIP posted:

I forgot that one of the bad guys is a 7 foot tall gangster in crazy dick tracy facial prosthetics

lmao forgot about him. You're not wrong!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Jennifer Connelly in that movie though…WOWZAS

:hmmyes:

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

its_my_birthday posted:

but i mean only if i hold it up to the light and really look at it. it looks pretty normal otherwise

Birthday or not, you should wash the glass.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

its_my_birthday posted:

its_my_birthday posted:

Wash it! Ignore the fact that I don't wash my coffee mug for weeks at a time and hide behind the "I am constantly using it for hot drinks" excuse.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

TIP posted:

He looks like Rondo Hatton and it turns out, that's who they based his look on

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rondo_Hatton

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Holy poo poo. Another bit of weird movie trivia I can burble out after a few pints! :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Imagine if you took Pi, right? Pi is infinite and random. So get this, similar to the Library of Babel you take strings of digits, correlate them to a pixel and combine a bunch for an image. Now, you have those fancy online AI that try and tell you if a person is in the picture? Make a bot that takes your Pi-Image(TM) and checks if there's a person (or any object you want I guess) and then discards it if there isn't, and saves it if it does.

You have a bunch of images with people in them, and that image will start a X point in Pi, for Y length.

This is totally plausible and constructive to do. I'm gonna make a kickstarter okay, but I want you all to promise to fund me.