Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

mbt posted:

persona 2 - innocent sin (psp - hard difficulty)
it's very easy and the encounter rate is a bit high, but its one of the greatest game stories ive ever experienced.

Now you gotta play eternal punishment. Person 2 is so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
e

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Final Fantasy V - Pixel Remaster
2. Monster Hunter Rise (first credits)
3. Elden Ring
4. Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin - Hard Mode (all main missions)

The PC port is awful and the story is incomprehensible but a cool game all in all. There are 27 classes and 8 weapons and every combination I tried was very fun. I think Nioh/2 would have been better if they weren't loot games, and this game (which is basically Nioh lite) absolutely shouldn't have been a loot game. The game drops so much loot on you (I ended with four Excaliburs in my inventory lol) but everything is basically exactly the same with higher ilvl gear having slightly better stats, so the best thing to do is to your inventory every few minutes and and mash the 'equip optimal' button for you and your party members. Also it does the Souls style thing where you die and spawn at a bonfire and have to run back through all the respawned enemies, but there's no soul/xp currency to lose so the game lowers your maximum MP until you reclaim your bloodstain, but every boss is balanced around having the minimum MP anyway, so dying doesn't really do anything. I wish they ignored all the loot/crafting/rpg poo poo and just made it a traditional character action game.

SoP has my favourite parry system ever probably. You can enter a stance that absorbs enemy attacks and gives you MP. If your gently caress up the parry or hold the stance too long your guard meter drains, and if it reaches 0 you get knocked down for a few seconds. All the damaging attacks require at least one bar of MP, and absorbing attacks is the most reliable and fastest way to get MP, so boss fights are this dance where you're weaving in hits between intentionally running into attacks to parry them. The bosses all have really long and diverse move sets (the last ~4 are some of the most fun bosses I've fought in a while) and its a lot of fun learning the fight and getting into the rhythm of parrying/attacking/dodging.

If they fix all the annoying poo poo for the sequel SoP2 could be an absolute all timer imo.

That Little Demon posted:

mini crossbow - helios

Very nice.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

how did you like it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

HROT

don't think i'll count it in my list since it's being released level by level, but over half of it is out now and i intend to finish it when it's complete so might as well post about it. very solid Quake clone, bosses were usually piss-easy but that's a minor gripe. neat stuff that most/all of the locations are modeled after real places. looking forward to the rest

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • A Koopa Soup (2020). 3 maps for Doom II (ZDoom only), UV Pistol Start. 2/5
  • Toughnut (2021). 1 map for Doom II. 3/5
  • Baloney (2021). 1 map for Doom II. 3/5

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
10. Silent Hill 4 (Normal, 21 Sacraments)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Sir Dingleby Dapper posted:

Now you gotta play eternal punishment. Person 2 is so good

Person 2.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Person 2.

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Person 1, 2, and 4

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sir Dingleby Dapper

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ArfJason posted:

Person 2.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ArfJason posted:

Person 2.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

ArfJason posted:

Person 2.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

11) La-Mulana 2 Randomizer

another one of these

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

ArfJason posted:

Person 2.

I'm not a number, I'm a free man!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

and sally and i did not know what to do. so we had to shake hands with person 1 and person 2.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Triangle 2, triangle 2. Triangle 2 hates person 2. They have a fight, triangle wins, triangle 2

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Triangle 2, triangle 2. Triangle 2 hates person 2. They have a fight, triangle wins, triangle 2

lmao

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Shin Megami Tensei - Devil Summoner - Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army
fun game, kind of controls like tales games
rip gouto and my yoshitsune

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Nintendo furiously taking notes for Project Triangle Strategy sequel names

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Nintendo furiously taking notes for Project Triangle Strategy sequel names

lol

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

1. M.U.S.H.A.
2. Ion Fury
3. Thunder Force II
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Inscryption
6. Elden Ring
7. Gran Turismo 7
8. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
9. Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Mario 3D World level design is just such a perfect fit for Kirby, I'm really happy the first 3D Kirby game turned out so incredibly well.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The f9rst 3d kirby game was kirby 64

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That's 2.5! It doesn't count!

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

lol oops

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
11. Kirby's Dream Land

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
kirby and the forgotten land. still more to do obviously, its a kirby game, but man this game owns. i've come to accept that there will probably never be another kirby finale as strong as robobot for me but this one was pretty close. might be recency bias talking but i think forgotten land is right under superstar and planet robobot in the kirby rankings

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

ArfJason posted:

Person 2.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

5. Omori

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Elden Ring- Best game I ever played, but I still found myself wishing it was shorter. Glad they finally made the claws worth using.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Nioh. Felt like I was getting burned out towards the end, but great overall. Still need to go back and finish my runs of Bloodborne and Sekiro eventually

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

rodbeard posted:

Elden Ring- Best game I ever played, but I still found myself wishing it was shorter. Glad they finally made the claws worth using.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lmao at Larry, who blasted through the entire game in a week, handing out probes for this.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lmao at Larry, who blasted through the entire game in a week, handing out probes for this.
Wiki checking INT build too.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

American McGay posted:

see you in 6 hours

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

American McGay posted:

Person bad at jrpgs spotted. Thanks using healing items and anything beyond the spells.cecil starts with is cheating

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That Little Demon posted:

see you in 6 hours

Lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Kirby and the Forgotten Land (100%)

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
[17] Kings Field 2 (Kings Field in USA) 3/31/22
Review:
I have tried many times over the years to finish this game, but decided after Elden Ring I wanted to see where the Souls series got its start. Its amazing how much has been used over the last 25 years continuing from Kings Field. It has all the Dark Souls staples including hidden doors, invisible paths, big insane boss fights, the moonlight greatsword / dark moon greatsword, Seath, and as open of a world as you can get in 1995 with branching paths that open up later to become shortcuts. If you can stomach a first person game from 1995 that has terrible slowdown when more than 2 enemies are on the screen at once, I do recommend you try this if you want to see how this game evolved into Elden Ring. I really had a blast playing this, and it took about 20 hours or so to beat. I want to finish the rest of the series, and if I can stomach it, the very first one that only came out in Japan. Oh, and the music kicks loving rear end. Really, really impressed by this game.

9/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

loving’s Field.