Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

endocriminologist posted:

so all the us anti trans poo poo is definitely pedo poo poo right

anyone who claims to "care about the children" way too much cares about children way too much, in the wrong way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

support for trans kids means less vulnerable youth with no support

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I tried to watch "Fresh" starring Sebastian Stan over the weekend but I realized I'm way too Epstein-brained for it and had to shut it off because my mind was reeling at the subject-matter

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

eh, it's about control
that it enables and provides cover for pedos is a feature but even if it didn't conservatives'd still be in favor of it
imo

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

they also killed trevor moore*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Lvv1f5Qu4

*: no, actually, his death was an unrelated tragedy, but i pay him respect by using it to make a bit of bleak humor

whenever I find myself in a social situation with friends or family watching YouTube videos this is the only one I ever put on when it's my turn

response is usually about 50/50 "huh?" and "lol"

show everyone you know kitty history

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Yes

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

My wife freaked out about "kitty wars and kitty mass graves" before we even got to the good stuff!

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

my bony fealty posted:

whenever I find myself in a social situation with friends or family watching YouTube videos this is the only one I ever put on when it's my turn

response is usually about 50/50 "huh?" and "lol"

show everyone you know kitty history

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Relevant Tangent posted:

eh, it's about control
that it enables and provides cover for pedos is a feature but even if it didn't conservatives'd still be in favor of it
imo

you might be able to say this about anti-trans sentiment in general in that it's manufactured culture war bullshit that resonates because conservatives get very uncomfortable about anything gender or sexuality related and if they're uncomfortable it means whatever thing they don't like is evil

but

the stuff specifically targeting trans kids is 100% by and for pedophiles (even if non-pedophile conservatives buy in) because it specifically destroys support networks for already-vulnerable kids and vulnerable kids without support networks are far and away the #1 target for pedophiles

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I’m sure they’re passing laws saying kids need to get their genitals inspected for completely normal reasons

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

when i was a young the male teachers would press a dollar bill onto the thighs of young girls to make sure their shorts werent too short. i like to retell that one cause its like a allegory or something im not sure.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

at a party recently my girlfriend of a few months tried to lightly razz me in front of my friends saying "well YOU believe crazy conspiracy theories, like, that Sirhan Sirhan was hypnotized by the CIA!" and of course they were all like "oh, yeah, that's just table stakes, obvious to anyone"

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doc Hawkins posted:

at a party recently my girlfriend of a few months tried to lightly razz me in front of my friends saying "well YOU believe crazy conspiracy theories, like, that Sirhan Sirhan was hypnotized by the CIA!" and of course they were all like "oh, yeah, that's just table stakes, obvious to anyone"

well yeah, obviously

e: oh god dammit come the gently caress on

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Doc Hawkins posted:

Lmfao

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

The Saucer Hovers posted:

when i was a young the male teachers would press a dollar bill onto the thighs of young girls to make sure their shorts werent too short. i like to retell that one cause its like a allegory or something im not sure.

okay somebody help me understand. were they comparing the length of the shorts to the length of a dollar? where were the dollars being pressed against?

ahhhhhjjjpppp

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

The Saucer Hovers posted:

that’s weird. usually you hear about them using a :10bux: bill

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

mawarannahr posted:

that’s weird. usually you hear about them using a :10bux: bill

But enough about our former president

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mdemone posted:

okay somebody help me understand. were they comparing the length of the shorts to the length of a dollar? where were the dollars being pressed against?

ahhhhhjjjpppp

We had a similar rule about skirt length at my high school. I could be wrong, but I'm guess they were putting the dollar bill at the end lf the skirt and seeing if it reached the top of the knee. If there was space between the bottom of the dollar and the top of the knee, the skirt would be deemed too short.
One quirk of our rule code was that nowhere did it say only girls could wear skirts, so one year a guy dressed up im a skirt for picture day. He got sent home for being "disruptive" and they changed the rule that afternoon. They ended up using the picture from the year before in the yearbook.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

I just remembered that google maps used to censor a tiny part of little saint james, but I just looked and it doesn't anymore. Does anyone know when that happened?

https://www.google.com/maps/@18.3002436,-64.8245583,801m/data=!3m1!1e3

It was the couple of buildings on the shore in the middle of the south side of the island.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

if you're rich or famous enough, you can get google to censor maps for you. look up Tim Cook's or Taylor Swift's house and you can see

they probably take it away when your checks stop clearing

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

theflyingexecutive posted:

if you're rich or famous enough, you can get google to censor maps for you. look up Tim Cook's or Taylor Swift's house and you can see

fair enough. I had always thought that it was just an odd thing, because it was always over some tiny part of the island that didn't have anything on it

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Kitty history is probably the easiest way to expose the ideas and even its waaaay to shocking for most lol

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

TeenageArchipelago posted:

I just remembered that google maps used to censor a tiny part of little saint james, but I just looked and it doesn't anymore. Does anyone know when that happened?

https://www.google.com/maps/@18.3002436,-64.8245583,801m/data=!3m1!1e3

It was the couple of buildings on the shore in the middle of the south side of the island.

The fake tennis court is my favourite thing to break people's brains with

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Kitty history is probably the easiest way to expose the ideas and even its waaaay to shocking for most lol

just wait until everyone is a bit in their cups and wanting to engage in the deep poo poo and WHAM Bitter Lake

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

the tried and true tradition of getting people loose and plied with drugs in order to change their worldview. it doesn't have to just be for evil g-man bullshit!!!

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
mkultra for kind reasons (doing drugs with your friends)

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde

theflyingexecutive posted:

You actually don't need to be rich and famous, you can put in a Google maps help ticket to request your home be blurred and they will blur it. However the interesting part is that they say blurring of a home is permanent, even if someone else moves in at a later date.

So it's a bit weird anything on Epstein Island got unblurred.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I started reading CHAOS a few days ago and now I am absolutely loving hooked. I can't put it down

Look at me! Look at what you done to me, goons!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Barry Foster posted:

I started reading CHAOS a few days ago and now I am absolutely loving hooked. I can't put it down

You're gonna wind up just like O'Neill by the end.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Barry Foster posted:

the entire book can be summarized by the it's always sunny line: "Oh, poo poo, buddy. I got to dig a little deeper."

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

mdemone posted:

You're gonna wind up just like O'Neill by the end.

it'd be nice to have a little direction in my life lol

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I really gotta wonder if Tom is still devoting his life to Manson research or if he's somehow moved on

wouldn't mind a CHAOS 2 but also don't want the guy to destroy his mental health any further

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Barry Foster posted:

it'd be nice to have a little direction in my life lol

its a great read and by the end even Tom is like 'no, cmon man seriously? im trying to be credible here' and i am loath to recommend Rogan but he has a long interview with Tom that does make a good post script to the book

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Sleekly posted:

its a great read and by the end even Tom is like 'no, cmon man seriously? im trying to be credible here' and i am loath to recommend Rogan but he has a long interview with Tom that does make a good post script to the book

I just finished it now and man, talk about Project Blue Balls

Is there any new information in it that makes it worth exposing myself to Rogan radiation, or does he just talk more about the process of writing it?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/gumby4christ/status/1508828273794592769

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Your Gay Uncle posted:

We had a similar rule about skirt length at my high school. I could be wrong, but I'm guess they were putting the dollar bill at the end lf the skirt and seeing if it reached the top of the knee. If there was space between the bottom of the dollar and the top of the knee, the skirt would be deemed too short.

we too had the dollar bill rule (arkansas resort town high school), but it was waived for cheerleader uniforms on Friday game days, lol

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty
freedom is when your surveillance state is outsourced to private companies who don't have to respond to FOIA requests

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://twitter.com/alp1111112/status/1508918930995388416?t=tdGhOdMcvLrTC5kMqH8wrw&s=19

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

my bony fealty posted:

I really gotta wonder if Tom is still devoting his life to Manson research or if he's somehow moved on

wouldn't mind a CHAOS 2 but also don't want the guy to destroy his mental health any further

I coulda sworn he was writing about Jonestown now