Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Majora's Mask came out a year and a half after OoT btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

repiv posted:

lol

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1508806533064314894

maybe it will launch with the switch pro after all

Oh, how shocking/tragic.

Anyway, what is everyone playing out of the million fricking games they can't stop buying?

I'm finishing up Legends Arceus myself, and then I'm getting back to SMT5.

In Arceus I'm at the "look up what I'm missing on Google" to finish up the Pokedex, so I can fight god, stuff him in a ball, and go play something else. It's been a good ride, but this bit has been sapping my motivation. I just want to do the JRPG thing and kill capture god.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

nintendo will pay for this

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I mean I will pay nintendo for this whenever they decide to release it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I have been on a small/niche JRPG bender which is the switch's best genre

It's an extremely basic JRPG but The Cruel King and the Great Hero is nice and comfy and has a really nice artstyle (it's by the same artist who did The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince if you played that)

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I expected that delay once Xenoblade 3 was announced for November. Still a bummer though.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'm playing through my favourite Dreamcast game, Grandia II, now available in widescreen 1080p in the Grandia HD Collection

At the time, it was better than any Final Fantasy game, and it still is

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

flavor.flv posted:

I'm playing through my favourite Dreamcast game, Grandia II, now available in widescreen 1080p in the Grandia HD Collection

great game op except for the fact that it’s not skies of arcadia

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

flavor.flv posted:

that reminds me (just from that era of games) that i am going to buy the Klonoa collection day 1 and play Klonoa 2 to death

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
There's a billion good games so I am fine with botw 2 delay. Make it awesome guys!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Vintersorg posted:

If you meet the target times in those bonus levels do you get a bonus? I've been close on my first try and off by like, 2 seconds each!

I love kirby but pulling this, on my first run, pissed me off more than it needed to:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Botw2 delay means more time for me to replay botw

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Delayed in time for the switch pro launch 😈

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

American McGay posted:

They saw Elden Ring's open world and said "oh gently caress" lmao.

pretty much any and every open world game got put on notice after Elden Ring ngl, possibly the most rewarding open game to explore in forever

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

that reminds me (just from that era of games) that i am going to buy the Klonoa collection day 1 and play Klonoa 2 to death

Oh snap I completely forgot that was going to be a thing! I only rented Klonoa 1 and had to give it back before I beat it, and never played Klonoa 2.

Nonetheless it left an impression. I should get it too!

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
m-m-m-more than five types of enemies?! - overheard in hushed and panicked tones, at zelda hq, hours after elden ring launched

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

DLC Inc posted:

pretty much any and every open world game got put on notice after Elden Ring ngl, possibly the most rewarding open game to explore in forever

Pretty much. The next Assassins Creed will be a 2D stealth brawler set in 1910s Japan.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
The delay was inspired by Miyamoto's childhood memories of being late all the time

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think people might be overestimating the effect Elden Ring will have on a game that is basically for kids

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They’re taking six months to add Ranni the Witch and Dungeater to BOTW2

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Please understand.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

the LOATHSOME tingle

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i think people might be overestimating the effect Elden Ring will have on a game that is basically for kids

All games are for kids hth

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Let's be real, if there's an improved model of the Switch, Nintendo will give it an unique name like "SwitchUp"", "Switcher", or "SwitchEx", not "SwitchPro", only Sony can be so lame, :lol:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Whatever the name, it will be incredibly stupid and I look forward to it

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

SwitchU

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Straight talking YouTube man 1
:bighow:
SWITCH PRO CONFIRMED WITH BOTW2 DELAY

Whacky bad editing YouTube man 2
:doit:
NINTENDO LIED, NEW SWITCH COMING!!!

YouTube man 3 who steals content from other youtubers
:jerry:
2023 SWITCH HD AND BOTW2 LAUNCH?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Srice posted:

It's real good. Also there's a demo that carries your progress over to the full game so it's worth giving that a look.

Oh awesome. I'm actually looking for something with a good story since I've played nothing but Elden Ring since it came out and that's not a story so much as a series of rumors you can ignore.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Libluini posted:

Let's be real, if there's an improved model of the Switch, Nintendo will give it an unique name like "SwitchUp"", "Switcher", or "SwitchEx", not "SwitchPro", only Sony can be so lame, :lol:

New Nintendo Switch

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

repiv posted:

the LOATHSOME tingle

the EVER BRILLIANT sidon

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Vintersorg posted:

If you meet the target times in those bonus levels do you get a bonus? I've been close on my first try and off by like, 2 seconds each!

Far as I can tell it's just extra coins and a checkbox so far. I've gotten a bunch of the target times and it seems like it's more for the satisfaction of a perfect run.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Foul Fowl posted:

the EVER BRILLIANT sidon

Mipha of THE FULL MOON

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

With how botw became a genre defining game after like 2.5 years of delay I'm happy to give 'em as much time as they need for the sequel

See ya in 2025

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Zeldan, Zeldo, Zeldanna

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ok, so no Zelda. Give me my Prime. Thanks.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Man I hope switch 2 has streetpass. What a cool feature

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

they should make another zelda game to fill in the gap created by this delay

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Man I hope switch 2 has streetpass. What a cool feature

Coming home from class and seeing how many new friends I’d made on the train ride home was always fun. If Switch had street pass it would be completely lit as gently caress

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

romanowski posted:

they should make another zelda game to fill in the gap created by this delay

Just put Wind Waker HD on this loving thing, jesus!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Zelda, Zeldara, Zeldaga