Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Horse Testicles 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Elden ring clearly was inspired by the BOTW open world imo and the latter is still the superior one to explore and vibe in. Glider and climbing is unbeatable for traversal

glider + shield surfing is godlike

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

scary ghost dog posted:

glider + shield surfing is godlike

Setting fire to a field and floating up the wind currents. Snowboarding. God it’s so good.

Before it I’d never gotten into an open world game and would just beeline story quests usually. But I spent like an hour climbing around the giant church area right outside the cave. Traversal and character control in that came just feels so slick and nothing since has felt as good to me. I played HZD after and going back to a character doing a tiny leap and struggling to climb inclines felt like I’d returned to the Stone Age

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I do prefer stacks of breakable weapons vs stacks of unbreakable weapons that I can't use and/or can't upgrade.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Yeup. It's kinda fascinating how you guys are sooo into one upping each other. Meanwhilst I paid Target another visit today. But do continue fellating yourselves over Elden Ring LOL

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

Yeup. It's kinda fascinating how you guys are sooo into one upping each other. Meanwhilst I paid Target another visit today. But do continue fellating yourselves over Elden Ring LOL

lmfao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Hizke posted:

Impressive

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

botw was fun but i never finished it, i should go back and do that soon.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

"could still be good".. ED is a great game but you guys are so far up your own asses about it it's embarrassing

You're right, I need to go cold turkey for a few weeks i think

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tmfc posted:

botw was fun but i never finished it, i should go back and do that soon.

the castle is epic.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

"could still be good".. ED is a great game but you guys are so far up your own asses about it it's embarrassing

EmmyOk posted:

Elden ring clearly was inspired by the BOTW open world imo and the latter is still the superior one to explore and vibe in. Glider and climbing is unbeatable for traversal

This. All the different open world games do different things and have different focuses, so while I’m sure a ton of open world games will take inspiration from it just like a ton of them took from BOTW, I doubt it will cause any major change to projects in development or people’s enthusiasm for it. BOTW was always about exploration and puzzle-solving first and combat second as opposed to ER doing it vice-versa, and the Bethesda-style open world games are focused more on NPCs and quest lines than BOTW or ER. I think they’ll all have their own little niches and won’t compete as much as you might think.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bethesda-style open world games are focused more on eating entire turds.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

This. All the different open world games do different things and have different focuses, so while I’m sure a ton of open world games will take inspiration from it just like a ton of them took from BOTW, I doubt it will cause any major change to projects in development or people’s enthusiasm for it. BOTW was always about exploration and puzzle-solving first and combat second as opposed to ER doing it vice-versa, and the Bethesda-style open world games are focused more on NPCs and quest lines than BOTW or ER. I think they’ll all have their own little niches and won’t compete as much as you might think.

Botw and elden rings world are both so dope I’d be pumped someone else got it if I was working on botw 2.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the Playstation kicks the Nintendo's rear end and you should meet me at the flagpole at lunch if you think otherwise.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

In Training posted:

I think the Playstation kicks the Nintendo's rear end and you should meet me at the flagpole at lunch if you think otherwise.

See ya then, I look forward to discussing this further with you.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Growing up as a 'crash bandicoot' kid. just thinking about that and lolling lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Hizke posted:

Growing up as a 'crash bandicoot' kid. just thinking about that and lolling lmfao

Lmfao trying to sit with Dreamcast kids and they all pick up their lunches and leave

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
bethesda doesn't need to take inspiration from elden ring since bethesda INSPIRED elden ring by giving you the same copy pasted content over and over in classics like skyrim, fallout 3, and fallout 4.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Going to confront you child’s bully’s dad and finding out he was the sonic kid lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Good will hunting but his dad was a sonic dad

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Can't wait to play The Greatest Game of All Time 2, coming soon

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Winifred Madgers posted:

Can't wait to play The Greatest Game of All Time 2, coming soon

Gal Gun 2 has been out for a long time, brother. Happy fapping.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Hizke posted:

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Bro you’ve been on one lately.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Hizke posted:

this

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
galgun 1 and 2, neko para volumes 1-4, the entire sekai project catalog, nitroplus, key. the switch continues to deliver the hits

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Hizke posted:

Lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

galgun 1 and 2, neko para volumes 1-4, the entire sekai project catalog, nitroplus, key. the switch continues to deliver the hits

Lmao THIS

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
The vita.. No. No... The vita has been dead for years.. Its impossible!

My switch, casting off its disguise to reveal my forgotten vita beneath and laughing cruelly: tell me, do you really believe that to be true?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
not to mentin swithc has the "full physics" versioon of peach beach splash that sony, in their sad, desperate efforts to appeal to the typiucal balding 35+ yo console gamer who is at this very moment doing a heckin leftism by posting all day in cspam, has not allowed in either the ps4 or ps5 versions.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke posted:

The vita.. No. No... The vita has been dead for years.. Its impossible!

My switch, casting off its disguise to reveal my forgotten vita beneath and laughing cruelly: tell me, do you really believe that to be true?

Huh, so you're here. The console with the world's biggest library.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

not to mentin swithc has the "full physics" versioon of peach beach splash that sony, in their sad, desperate efforts to appeal to the typiucal balding 35+ yo console gamer who is at this very moment doing a heckin leftism by posting all day in cspam, has not allowed in either the ps4 or ps5 versions.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted: