Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I’m so frustrated and my brain is fried. Boss two levels above me asked for data on a customer that’s been an issue, She’s asked for this before, nbd. I realize hey she’s asked for this info 3-4 times now (it changes the more time passes) why don’t I just build a sheet that will update the info on its own and I don’t have to do it every time.

There’s SO many numbers, dates, day ranges, charges that escalate based on how many days it’s been, charges that are applied depending on who the 3rd party is, or not for the same reason.

Anyway I build this big beautiful sheet that pretty much taxed all my excel knowledge. Super proud of it and it looks/works awesome.

Except….that’s not what she wanted at all. Up until now she wanted info on a specific 30 shipments we have for this customer. What she wanted this time was information on these 136 outstanding invoices, and it’s data that I don’t even have access to and I’m not entirely sure we can get together.

I legit spend like 6 hours on this thing and it was all for nothing.

At least she was super apologetic and completely understood why I did what I did and was very impressed with the sheets I made but….still man that loving sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1508624537742868480?t=5Bzifgn8APe33MWvVDYQsQ&s=19

Dude's about to get a free trip to the hospital punch card is probably close to filled out

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Hot Diggity! posted:

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1508624537742868480?t=5Bzifgn8APe33MWvVDYQsQ&s=19

Dude's about to get a free trip to the hospital punch card is probably close to filled out

Bolsonaro and the ICU, name a more iconic couple

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

T-Square
May 14, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

Trucks are cool. I have one. You should get one.

I miss my old boxy F150 :( fairly big truck, but it was a V8 single cab long box and a lot smaller than any truck made today with a 6.5’ bed or whatever compared to its full 8’ bed. You can’t fit dirtbikes in the back of new trucks without leaving the tailgates open, and that is extremely un-American if you ask me.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’m so frustrated and my brain is fried. Boss two levels above me asked for data on a customer that’s been an issue, She’s asked for this before, nbd. I realize hey she’s asked for this info 3-4 times now (it changes the more time passes) why don’t I just build a sheet that will update the info on its own and I don’t have to do it every time.

There’s SO many numbers, dates, day ranges, charges that escalate based on how many days it’s been, charges that are applied depending on who the 3rd party is, or not for the same reason.

Anyway I build this big beautiful sheet that pretty much taxed all my excel knowledge. Super proud of it and it looks/works awesome.

Except….that’s not what she wanted at all. Up until now she wanted info on a specific 30 shipments we have for this customer. What she wanted this time was information on these 136 outstanding invoices, and it’s data that I don’t even have access to and I’m not entirely sure we can get together.

I legit spend like 6 hours on this thing and it was all for nothing.

At least she was super apologetic and completely understood why I did what I did and was very impressed with the sheets I made but….still man that loving sucks.

I’m sorry.

I’m also proud of you.

The feeling of clicking that last piece of a massive excel puzzle into place… comrade it’s almost as good as the revolution.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

He must just loving love having that drat tube up his nose

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Just spent 13,000 dollars on a new roof to save 350 dollars a year in insurance. Feels good, man

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Should have done what I did: wait for the first possible weather event that will kick in your insurance

A hail and wind storm paid for my new roof except for the deductible

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm watching Winning Time and I have a question for people more familiar with that era of basketball. In the show, before becoming assistant coach, Pat Riley tries to get a job as a Lakers announcer and can't because he supposedly has the voice of a stereotypical effeminate gay man. Adrien Brody plays Pat Riley and he absolutely doesn't sound like that, did the real Pat Riley have a voice that someone might describe by using a slur against gay men?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/politicdrip/status/1508622528796938244?s=21&t=sbd-5tjVLV0kbd6ZJ2AALw

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
This better be :smugdon:'s pic:

:trumppop:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Just booked an extended weekend in Milwaukee for a wedding in July.

Milwaukee goons: anything you'd recommend? Hypothetically I've only got a few days to go to a couple of things as my Saturday will be filled with going to a wedding, and Sunday will be an afternoon Brewers game but will have the evening to do stuff. I also have Friday and most of Monday to do whatever. Also, should I rent a car or not? Can't tell if this town is one you're meant to drive around.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

GD_American posted:

Just spent 13,000 dollars on a new roof to save 350 dollars a year in insurance. Feels good, man

Hey just look at it this way, that'll pay for itself in 37 years!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1508806409797963784?t=EKLo8MBZchTCiDeXK6RGug&s=19

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

seiferguy posted:

Just booked an extended weekend in Milwaukee for a wedding in July.

Milwaukee goons: anything you'd recommend? Hypothetically I've only got a few days to go to a couple of things as my Saturday will be filled with going to a wedding, and Sunday will be an afternoon Brewers game but will have the evening to do stuff. I also have Friday and most of Monday to do whatever. Also, should I rent a car or not? Can't tell if this town is one you're meant to drive around.

I haven't lived there for a long time, but go back every once in a while.

I'd say rent a car. Public transit is kind of lacking and stuff is kind of spread out.

Go to the art museum. It rocks.

Brady Street is one of the main drags if you're looking for bars / shops and stuff. The Brady Street Festival is in July, so you might hit a big street party.

The National Bobblehead Museum is pretty goofy.

The Third Ward will be a good bet if you're looking for a nicer restaurant or bar. It's a nice area to walk around too.

The Mitchell Park Domes are a cool conservatory if you're into plants at all.

Get to the Brewers game early and tailgate. Miller Park is a great stadium.

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 29, 2022

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
The joke reason for the BOTW2 delay is they're scared shitless of Elden Ring.

The real reason is probably only partially that they're scared shitless of Elden Ring.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Aww nuts.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

No, thank you Nintendo.

We wait with disciplined patience for what will surely be a masterpiece of gaming.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This is going to be so amazingly awful.

Also I will watch it.

https://twitter.com/TopGunMovie/status/1508791086981922818

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Grittybeard posted:

This is going to be so amazingly awful.

Also I will watch it.

https://twitter.com/TopGunMovie/status/1508791086981922818

Seriously. I'm going to watch the poo poo out of this.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

why is the master sword so jacked up I restored it in BOTW

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Hey so uh, update on that wreck on I-81 :stare:

https://twitter.com/JohnCoviello1/status/1508540236879613960?s=20&t=5QshE9667KSi8SGSuVRkUQ

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Hot Diggity! posted:

I haven't lived there for a long time, but go back every once in a while.

I'd say rent a car. Public transit is kind of lacking and stuff is kind of spread out.

Go to the art museum. It rocks.

Brady Street is one of the main drags if you're looking for bars / shops and stuff. The Brady Street Festival is in July, so you might hit a big street party.

The National Bobblehead Museum is pretty goofy.

The Third Ward will be a good bet if you're looking for a nicer restaurant or bar. It's a nice area to walk around too.

The Mitchell Park Domes are a cool conservatory if you're into plants at all.

Get to the Brewers game early and tailgate. Miller Park is a great stadium.

Yeah, I saw the art museum there and will probably go there. Saw the other top thing was the Harley Davidson museum and I couldn't care less about Harleys lol

I'll see if I can check on Brady street. I know there is a big concert weekend going on there which is jacking up the prices of hotels already. The wedding reception is gonna be around Shorewood.

I plan on attending the Sunday Brewers game against the Pirates which has a 1:10 start, not sure if I can get there early to tailgate, since we'll be leaving from a family brunch, but who knows!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I am slowly reverting back to my natural born state as a Western Pennsylvanian. I got a Sheetz Card today.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Watch a man slowly go insane as he wonders how many ways you can make chicken soup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SJIrop5AkA

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Elden Ring combat is finally clicking. Took down two bosses yesterday -- one in an evergaol and one with coop.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Watch a man slowly go insane as he wonders how many ways you can make chicken soup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SJIrop5AkA

I love these

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Neil Armbong posted:

Elden Ring combat is finally clicking. Took down two bosses yesterday -- one in an evergaol and one with coop.

I was waiting until I finished Horizon Forbidden West before I started up Elden ring, and finally got there the other day :)

I knew that Tree Sentinel was skippable in the early going, but I'm still going at him at level nine with no upgraded gear. I've died So. Many. Times.

I'm taking that motherfucker down.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Is it mid 2000s GBS again because it sounds like hating furries is hitting the mainstream

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1508859309702230034

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

ozymandius1024 posted:

I was waiting until I finished Horizon Forbidden West before I started up Elden ring, and finally got there the other day :)

I hated the ending. Galactus is coming!

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

GD_American posted:

I hated the ending. Galactus is coming!

I feel like it was really anti-climactic.

Carrie-Anne in a mech was cool, but for some reason it just didn't feel like a final boss. I really wanted some more Sylens betrayal.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

seiferguy posted:

Yeah, I saw the art museum there and will probably go there. Saw the other top thing was the Harley Davidson museum and I couldn't care less about Harleys lol

I'll see if I can check on Brady street. I know there is a big concert weekend going on there which is jacking up the prices of hotels already. The wedding reception is gonna be around Shorewood.

I plan on attending the Sunday Brewers game against the Pirates which has a 1:10 start, not sure if I can get there early to tailgate, since we'll be leaving from a family brunch, but who knows!

On my phone, so my typing is lovely, but:

- Definitely rent a car. Milwaukee public transit doesn't suck, but its coverage can be limits.

- Go to the Public Museum. Five floors of amazing stuff.

- If they're open, go to Cafe Corazon. Some of the best Mexican I've ever had, especially their Sunday brunch.

- The Pabst Theater / Turner Hall usually has good to great shows (concerts, comedians, live podcasts) several days a week.

- Just a note in general: Milwaukee considers itself a "foodie" city (lol). If you're going to a restaurant, call ahead to check the wait, because it's not uncommon to be quoted two hours even at mid-tier places without a reservation.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I have a job interview tomorrow. It’s been over a decade since I’ve had to do an interview. :piaa:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Eating lemon cake in a button up short sleeve

Chat Thread:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
i like to get just slightly drunk before a job interview to give myself the requisite confidence

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Study this video before your interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVp9rKF3hag

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1508594531477954560?t=8b0Y8DjiK6ssATis14HZ-A&s=19

Man I wish Trump didn't try to destroy democracy because he is the funniest dipshit for all the wrong reasons.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Completely unrelated anyone remember when Kim Jong Il played a perfect round of golf, all holes in one and then retired?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Joey Freshwater posted:

Completely unrelated anyone remember when Kim Jong Il played a perfect round of golf, all holes in one and then retired?

That's like asking if anyone remembers where they were when we put a man on the moon! Of course we remember the day sport was changed forever