Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

vyelkin posted:

I have had unpleasant experiences on public transit in the US but all of them (that I can remember offhand, anyway) can be attributed to the lack of additional services for mentally ill people rather than public transit itself being bad

Riding public transit is basically just trading the mentally ill people you interact with online with irl ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

why are people driving on our completely car based infrastructure instead of using our chronically undersupported and underdeveloped public transit!!!

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
FIRst new photos of the Hummer XL .. Anyone else excited to see this on the roads

here's the previous model, for comparison

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

God Hole posted:

1:57

"why the gently caress was I even driving?"

something I ask myself every day I get behind the wheel

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Riding public transit is basically just trading the mentally ill people you interact with online with irl ones.

Like this right here screams mental illness because this person has an extremely inflated sense of self importance, steer clear from this miserable freak lol

At least in public transport is epheremal, you get off and leave the crazy behind. Not chiseled into internet stone.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

FIRst new photos of the Hummer XL .. Anyone else excited to see this on the roads

what if we made an even bigger one tho

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Lastgirl posted:

Like this right here screams mental illness

No it doesn't

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

cool av posted:

if you drive less than 70 in a whiteout, the guy behind you going 70 is going to hit you. please be more responsible.

If you posted this on Twitter I probably couldn't tell if you were being serious or not

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

My Hummer Is Fight!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

They're right attempting to make a joke is a sign of mental illness.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Joaquin Phoenix won an oscar for making this post

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I had to buy one of these for my 16-year-old so that when they inevitably collided with another car while texting and driving they would be unharmed :angel:

(RIP to the other driver. You should have bought a bigger vehicle)

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

ngl, I thought that this was just a really good photoshop, didn't realize that it was real

https://www.thedrive.com/news/44715/this-21-foot-tall-giant-is-the-largest-hummer-h1-on-the-planet-and-it-actually-drives

some billionaire from the UAE had it commissioned for his personal car museum

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

lmao
https://twitter.com/anneramsey740/status/1508776585251414025?s=20&t=Jzm3as3RIS7AZ22BpXBbnQ

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

TeenageArchipelago posted:

ngl, I thought that this was just a really good photoshop, didn't realize that it was real

https://www.thedrive.com/news/44715/this-21-foot-tall-giant-is-the-largest-hummer-h1-on-the-planet-and-it-actually-drives

some billionaire from the UAE had it commissioned for his personal car museum

It's wild how stupid rich connected Arab royals are. Some random Saudi failcousin bought a personal A380.

mystes
May 31, 2006

This makes me think of those treadmills or bikes some gyms have with prerecorded course videos.

Gonna hop on my bike trainer and do the suburban bike combat route.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Keyword being attempt, completely in the deep end with Car brain, prob scream r-word at people cutting you off since you’re obsessed with making a point about it, freaking deranged.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

what

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
:what:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

take a shot anytime lastgirl posts xd

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

ladies, gentlemen, can we please get back on topic here. all cars should be flayed on the altar of heaven

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I call for the arrest and execution of the automobile propagandist Gary Numan

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
Next person coming in here and posting about their favorite car i'm throwing the frame in my backyard pig-iron smelter and forming bike tubes out of it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I hate cars but mine is different. He's a good car, he thinks he's people!

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where cars drive 60 next to an unprotected bike lane. Doctor says, 'Treatment is simple. Great dealership Smith & Son's Chevy is holding Christmas in July sale. Go and see him. You can buy truck.' Man bursts into tears. Says, 'But doctor…I am Smith & Sons.' Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Is there any electric two-wheel vehicle worth buying over a regular bicycle?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

this car looks pretty cool

mystes
May 31, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Is there any electric two-wheel vehicle worth buying over a regular bicycle?
Electric scooters are cheap and probably easier to take on public transportation/store in buildings if necessary in some situations.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

mystes posted:

Electric scooters are cheap and probably easier to take on public transportation/store in buildings if necessary in some situations.

which models

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

AnimeIsTrash posted:

nope

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

I see a lot of Xiaomi e-scooters around NZ.

New Zealand has some really weird laws that are actually great, in Australia when I lived there things like e-scooters and e-skateboards were all explicitly illegal to use on roads or footpaths, while in NZ they're basically all legal both on roads and footpaths. It's weird that you can use an e-scooter on the road or footpath legally but you technically can't use them in bicycle-only lanes, while you can't legally ride a bike on the footpath at all. Also there's no requirement to wear a helmet when riding an e-scooter, even on the road, while it's legally required that you wear a helmet while riding a bike.

They've been great for urban mobility IMO though, if you need to go a few km or use them as part of a bus or train connection they're better than bikes because you can pick them up and carry them easily (also most fold up). When they first got popular there was a bunch of hand-wringing and pearl clutching by the media about them killing people on the footpath, but that all died down and I think the reality is that people on average seem sensible enough to use them without really impacting pedestrians or cars.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPQRtPgD_t4

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

this pic does not show a car in its natural habitat. it should be in gridlock traffic near an endless wasteland of parking lots and strip malls

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Norton posted:

this pic does not show a car in its natural habitat. it should be in gridlock traffic near an endless wasteland of parking lots and strip malls

parking lots and strip malls are cool though

mystes
May 31, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

parking lots and strip malls are cool though
Ban

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

please don't troll the i hate cars thread by saying that you love cars.

https://twitter.com/AlanMyles8/status/1508758842796040195

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

AnimeIsTrash posted:

when you put it that way, i am now staunchly against any and all non-personal transportation options.

Private Jets for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

AnimeIsTrash posted: