Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

stephenthinkpad posted:

I make a new youtube account every 3 months to take advantage of the premium trail because I refuse to pay google money after Google Reader and Google Music.

Here is how I train my youtube feed, I have about 100 channels I subscribe to and "import" into new account every time. They are the "approved" channels I like and they will take up about 80% of my recommendation feed. The rest of the "new" video I actively use "don't recommend this channel" "don't recommand this video" feature to train youtube. Usually it will take 3-4 days to turn a new user account into a good youtube feed. For the old videos that you have watched already, use "I have watched this video" option. I never get any Fulun Dafa or MAGA bullshit.

I have a separated user account to follow all the Thinktank channel videos feed, I manage it on this user account but watch the video on my main ad-free account. It's very complicated but it works for me.

idk how much youtube is too much youtube but this definitely qualifies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Actually In the US we get salmonella all the time from unwashed lettuce iirc.

But it's not just for safety it makes your rice literally better.

we only hear about the salmonella because the expectation is the lettuce doesn’t need to be thoroughly washed. in some parts of the world the response to “this unwashed lettuce gave me salmonella!” is “no poo poo; what did you expect”

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

we only hear about the salmonella because the expectation is the lettuce doesn’t need to be thoroughly washed. in some parts of the world the response to “this unwashed lettuce gave me salmonella!” is “no poo poo; what did you expect”

Who teaches you to not wash your fruits and veggies?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

hobbesmaster posted:

like washing fruit and veggies you’ll probably be ok if you’re in a western country to not wash and inspect your rice

I watched it a long time ago but I believe the crux of his argument was that rice especially in the US is fortified so washing it removes all the fortification. Rice in the US is processed pretty well, so the need to wash it to remove all the dirt is unneeded.

I like washing rice because it removes a lot of the starch that makes rice feel heavy.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Wash your loving rice you savages.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Who teaches you to not wash your fruits and veggies?

very, very few people in the US actually thoroughly wash veggies.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I think there are bigger problems at play if rice is your only meal.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Lol its not like I wash my burger when McDonald's gives it to me

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Centrist Committee posted:

idk how much youtube is too much youtube but this definitely qualifies

Agreed. Somebody sent he;lp

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

groovy

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Cpt_Obvious posted:

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

Cpt_Obvious posted:

this should be obvious!

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Lol its not like I wash my burger when McDonald's gives it to me

That's disgusting wtf do Americans really not wash burgers?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cpt_Obvious posted:

seriously jesus christ it's not because there's bugs in it it's to make it less starchy. Enjoy your gummy lovely rice guys

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
Americans barely wash their balls

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I literally just figured out this is why so many of my friends think rice sucks isn't it

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Americans buy something called instant rice that cooks in 5 minutes instead of 10

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
Is gently rinsing water over the surface of something really an effective method to prevent bacterial growth?

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
boil in a bag rice is pretty bad, i don't think washing rice makes a huge difference when you use a rice cooker but it's not that hard to run the rice in a sieve under a tap to wash it a bit either sooo

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

stephenthinkpad posted:

Agreed. Somebody sent he;lp

All of that just in March?! There's been 528 hours since March 8th, you haven't watched youtube for 18 hours this month :dogstare:

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
i hope he has chromecast and hasn't just had a phone autoplay that poo poo for hours on end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mayman10 posted:

All of that just in March?! There's been 528 hours since March 8th, you haven't watched youtube for 18 hours this month :dogstare:

That's not enough YouTube. They must become a sentient content pod.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Got phones just watching his own videos on repeat for views

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

January 6 Survivor posted:

See that one "russia is poo poo and they like eating dookie and drinking peepee" video on the top right? I'm getting it too, despite the odds of us having similar taste in videos being very very low (unless your interests are guns, resident evil and excessively long "video essays" about pop culture*). This poo poo is like ads but instead of selling you a product it's an opinion. Yes I know I sound like a 14 year old kid who just watched Fight Club, let me be.

*yes I know my life is a loving joke

The only difference between 14 year old me after watching fight club and 34 year old me is I just crack a beer and lmao now instead of getting mad.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

sexpig by night posted:

I literally just figured out this is why so many of my friends think rice sucks isn't it

I think a lot of Americans grow up eating stuff like rice, tofu, and veggies without any seasoning and think it's really bad.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
What is the point of colonialism/neo colonialism if you're not even going to loot the spices all the black/brown countries use.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
To be fair I play a lot of city 4k walk video in the background when I work. Also my kid watch train crossing videos non stop.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
In sure my youtube watch time is crazy but I use YouTube for white noise at night, like 12 hour videos of rain

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

stephenthinkpad posted:

To be fair I play a lot of city 4k walk video in the background when I work. Also my kid watch train crossing videos non stop.

u must be very good at cityguesser

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Those 4k city walks are also great background ill be honest

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

AnimeIsTrash posted:

What is the point of colonialism/neo colonialism if you're not even going to loot the spices all the black/brown countries use.

Britain did, which is why their national dish is an Indian curry. Which if you’ve experienced “indigenous” British food you’ll certainly understand why.

The American empire, on the other hand, prefers to export McDonald’s to the periphery rather than take anything home with them.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

very, very few people in the US actually thoroughly wash veggies.

Is this where liberals come from? Pesticide brain damage?

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Subvisual Haze posted:

Is gently rinsing water over the surface of something really an effective method to prevent bacterial growth?

no, but since they are not on the food anymore it doesn't matter

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

China being so big that entire cities can have their own dialects that's spoken by tens of millions of people in the surrounding area ftw

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Endman posted:

Britain did, which is why their national dish is an Indian curry. Which if you’ve experienced “indigenous” British food you’ll certainly understand why.

The American empire, on the other hand, prefers to export McDonald’s to the periphery rather than take anything home with them.

the US has every type of cuisine imaginable lol

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Spergin Morlock posted:

the US has every type of cuisine imaginable lol

Americans all eat Taco Bell and Pizza Hut and I refuse to acknowledge any other picture of reality

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Endman posted:

Americans all eat Taco Bell and Pizza Hut and I refuse to acknowledge any other picture of reality

Mexican and Italian, two international cuisines. what else you got bitch.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Endman posted:

ahem don't forget KFC to complete the trifecta

Endman
May 18, 2010

indigi posted:

Mexican and Italian, two international cuisines. what else you got bitch.

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Maximo Roboto posted:

ahem don't forget KFC to complete the trifecta

trinity, the holy union is called the trinity