Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
Faceless will be an definite day one for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://twitter.com/SeverinFilms/status/1508585746768154627?s=20&t=FEGOBU0wuipLTdRSXjU1TA

easy choice. upgraded my pre-order.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

GrandpaPants posted:

The reveal scene in Malignant was amazing and I wish I could selectively forget it so I could relive it again.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I love every minute of Malignant ‘cause it feels like what if Brendon from Home Movies actually made a movie.

Also it’s getting a US release. :rock:

The real twist in that movie is how every name in the credits with double letters starts as one and splits into two, like Cooper starts as Coper but the O splits. Top-shelf idiocy.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Mar 29, 2022

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

I, Butthole posted:

Hot white vinyls have their own thread :colbert:

gently caress.

YOU.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

FYI, apparently every single title Olive Films licensed from MGM has gone out of print.

While I expect a lot of titles to end up with other distributors, might want to jump on these if you can find a good price or can't live without it.

Hair (Olive Signature)
A Bucket of Blood (Olive Signature)
Odds Against Tomorrow
Hope and Glory
Joe
Great Balls of Fire
Birdman of Alcatraz
The Miracle Worker
Rock-a-Doodle
The Stranger (Welles - only non-PD release in the world)
Hell Up in Harlem
The Delinquents (Robert Altman's first narrative feature)
Coffee and Cigarettes (confirmed as coming to Criterion)
The Pride and the Passion
The Trip
Clean Slate
Heartbreakers
Eight Men Out
The Meteor Man
The End (Burt Reynolds)
Dirty Work
Black Caesar
Foxy Brown
Coffy
Friday Foster
Hammer
Biodome
Hollywood Shuffle
Vincent and Theo
The Night They Raided Minsky's
Caveman

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Drunkenly ordered Meteor Man

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Meteor Man is good. Is there commentary?

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
Meteor Man and Hollywood Shuffle were put out before Olive started doing special features, which is a shame because I'm sure Robert Townsend has a million things to say about both movies.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Lawrence has popped up on BestBuy.com and Amazon. Get your preorders in!

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

I had no idea that Joe was even out on Blu. Will be nice to watch it in HD, as I've only seen it on crusty VHS tapes.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.
Is Olive Films still active? Their webpage hasn’t been updated since 2020 from the look of things… I always had a soft spot for them.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Hasturtium posted:

Is Olive Films still active? Their webpage hasn’t been updated since 2020 from the look of things… I always had a soft spot for them.

Wouldn't be surprised if they're on life support between their main acquisitions guy moving to Kino Lorber a few years ago and apparently a new label called Sandpiper Films is releasing former Twilight Time stuff with the same cover templates. The Olive Signature line is excellent if you can find them, even if most are OOP or hard to find by now. Only MGM titles were Hair and A Bucket of Blood, with the rest being Paramount/Republic licenses.

I kind of hope they get absorbed into Kino Lorber since they've had the most luck with Paramount and MGM, not to mention they've managed deals with all the other major studios except for Warner so far.

ultraviolence123 posted:

I had no idea that Joe was even out on Blu. Will be nice to watch it in HD, as I've only seen it on crusty VHS tapes.

Excellent remaster, too. While a lot of their non-Signature releases are from existing masters, Joe and The Trip look like full 4K remasters from how good they look.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1509219854573789194?t=JFyHBHmtURyrDp1s3DIw0w&s=19

Now that all films are superhero films, we need this more than ever.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Ronin Flix is also having a March sale. I didn’t see anything I absolutely “needed” in there, except for The Dogs of War which I already have. They have Lone Wolf McQuade which is Chuck Norris’s only movie that actually good. Goofy as gently caress, but took a lot of influence from Spaghetti Weaterns so it’s actually good. I’ve gotten enough lately so I’m leaving it alone.

Edit: C’mon Kino, it’s been three business days. Send out my drat order.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Mar 30, 2022

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Some of my kino movies came in from the sale, yay. I wish they had unique cases than the regular Blu :(

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Alright, I've got a weird tech question, which I'm sure doesn't belong here, but I'm not sure where else to ask.

My old 3.1 setup died, and I replaced it with a Sonos Beam v2.

The setup works great, but I just discovered some sort of issue that is probably "working as intended"

My 2018 TCL Series 6 is piping the audio to my headphones until the movie starts. Disc menu, and title cards go to the headphones, but the movie goes right to the Sonos.

It doesn't do this for antenna or streaming. In the end it's not terrible, because I can at least listen to things at reasonable volume and not disturb my roommate, but it's really annoying.

I can't seem to find a setting for it either, even the TV setting says it will go to "best available" I'd headphones aren't plugged in.

Edit:
Old setup was through optical,new uses e-arc

UHD player is an LG (can't remember the model number since I tossed the box a couple years ago)

Iron Crowned fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Mar 31, 2022

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:getin: https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-video/3709251/wild-eye-launching-new-blu-ray-label-visual-vengeance-for-retro-shot-on-video-horror/

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'll buy any movie called BLOODY MUSCLE BODY BUILDER IN HELL

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

It’s not just a superhero movie - it’s a superhero MUSICAL.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

My Diabolik order shipped. The Kino one is almost a week old now and nothing has happened yet.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

I would not have guessed that there would be a second boutique label dedicated to ultra low budget horror. Hopefully Sterling Entertainment doesn't go under.

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

Casimir Radon posted:

My Diabolik order shipped. The Kino one is almost a week old now and nothing has happened yet.

1/2 of Mine showed up yesterday from Kino with no email about shipping. The other half I got a shipment that it's coming from UPS. Wish they just bundled it all together

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

aperfectcirclefan posted:

1/2 of Mine showed up yesterday from Kino with no email about shipping. The other half I got a shipment that it's coming from UPS. Wish they just bundled it all together
Weird. My account shows the status as “Now Processing”. I ordered on the 24th.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Severin's May releases are available for preorder now. Eurocrypt of Christopher Lee Collection 2 and Return of Captain Invincible

Eurocrypt collection 2 includes Uncle Was a Vampire (uncut theatrical version and alternate TV version), Secret of the Red Orchid, Dark Places, Dracula and Son (director's cut and US version), Murder Story, and Mask of Murder

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

My preorder from Kino for Touch of Evil 4K finally shipped. They were even nice enough to refund me the difference of the stuff I ordered alongside it since the discs were marked down in the current sale.

Also got my sale order in:
Broken Lullaby (Lubitsch rarity!)
The Crucible
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
The Emperor Waltz (Wilder)
The Fortune Cookie (Wilder)
The Great Moment (Preston Sturges)
The Hunchback of Notre Dame ('23 Lon Chaney silent - 4K restoration by Universal)
The Long Goodbye (remastered)
Man on the Moon
The Mystery of Picasso (Henri-Georges Clouzot films Picasso paint for the camera)
Nana (rare Renoir silent)
Revenge of the Shogun Women (3D)
Three Women (rare Lubitsch silent)
Whirlpool of Fate (rare Renoir silent)

Might get one more order in to grab the 4Ks for Some Like It Hot, The Great Escape, and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vinegar Syndrome's April releases announced

Alien Private Eye
Flesheater (aka Revenge of the Living Dead)
Death Wish 2 (includes the alternate TV version)

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Vinegar Syndrome's April releases announced

Alien Private Eye
Flesheater (aka Revenge of the Living Dead)
Death Wish 2 (includes the alternate TV version)

Also Paul Vatelli’s STIFF COMPETITION, which I’m not picking up but probably will be of my wrest to someone itt

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Anyone else preorder VinSyn's $6 "Translucent Slipcover?"

Considering it's April Fool's day I figure it'll be some fun piece of merch

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

Anyone else preorder VinSyn's $6 "Translucent Slipcover?"

Considering it's April Fool's day I figure it'll be some fun piece of merch

I went for it lol, the price was right and it’ll probably be something cool

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

The original 1953 Invaders from Mars will be coming to Blu and UHD this Fall from a new 4K restoration by Ignite Films and UCLA Film & TV Archive. Distributor hasn't been named yet.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
can't wait to flip my translucent slipcover for $100 in 6 months

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

My curiosity is certainly piqued but I’m going to leave it alone.

How is Wolfpack? I’ll probably give Miami Connection a shot when it actually comes out, and probably pair it with something else. I caught the end of Cloak and Dagger on tv years ago. Doesn’t really seem like VS’s sort of thing.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Egbert Souse posted:

My preorder from Kino for Touch of Evil 4K finally shipped. They were even nice enough to refund me the difference of the stuff I ordered alongside it since the discs were marked down in the current sale.

Also got my sale order in:
Broken Lullaby (Lubitsch rarity!)
The Crucible
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
The Emperor Waltz (Wilder)
The Fortune Cookie (Wilder)
The Great Moment (Preston Sturges)
The Hunchback of Notre Dame ('23 Lon Chaney silent - 4K restoration by Universal)
The Long Goodbye (remastered)
Man on the Moon
The Mystery of Picasso (Henri-Georges Clouzot films Picasso paint for the camera)
Nana (rare Renoir silent)
Revenge of the Shogun Women (3D)
Three Women (rare Lubitsch silent)
Whirlpool of Fate (rare Renoir silent)

Might get one more order in to grab the 4Ks for Some Like It Hot, The Great Escape, and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

Did you have to ask for a refund? I'm in the same boat.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPiCDocOuHM

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Cloks posted:

Did you have to ask for a refund? I'm in the same boat.

I sent an email asking about the difference since it was still held up or if I needed to cancel the order. I'd expect they are only doing this if there's sale titles held up with the ToE release.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

My curiosity is certainly piqued but I’m going to leave it alone.

How is Wolfpack? I’ll probably give Miami Connection a shot when it actually comes out, and probably pair it with something else. I caught the end of Cloak and Dagger on tv years ago. Doesn’t really seem like VS’s sort of thing.

I liked Wolfpack, makes good use of the concept but won't really blow you away.

Miami Connection is an incredible gem.

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Is that first volume of the Christopher Lee boxset good? Always eyed it

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Egbert Souse posted:

I sent an email asking about the difference since it was still held up or if I needed to cancel the order. I'd expect they are only doing this if there's sale titles held up with the ToE release.

Okay, I ordered a few titles along with ToE but it's probably not worth the time. I'm just excited to finally get it tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Latest for me is Mega64's Last Laugh blu-ray, it's got their live show and a doc and stuff. Pretty pimp.

https://shop.mega64.com/products/mega64-last-laugh-the-official-tour-movie-blu-ray

My holy grail is still somebody doing a collection of all those cool comedies starring Stephen Chow. Would be worth it for the upgrade to subtitle translation alone. What a bunch of cool gems.