Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
The early Sirius Artie songs were great too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIeqnZYdojo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I always liked the lady who sang it opera style. She ruled.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Bonzo posted:

All these Artie songs are great because you could have no clue who Artie or Howard even are and it would still be funny as hell

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Bonzo posted:

This made my night. :cheers:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I was just typing out a note to Taylor Hawkins, Robin

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Ether Frenzy posted:

I was just typing out a note to Taylor Hawkins, Robin

No offense to you personally, but I really hate the "writing a note" meme at this point. With that said, I can't believe how many surprising deaths I've seen reported in this thread before seeing them on actual news sources.

Also, that really sucks :(

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I mean, they're no Train.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Ether Frenzy posted:

I mean, they're no Train.

Everything bawthaz me.

Also, did you know that Howard suggested that Dave Grohl should do "Everlong" quietly and acoustic? Thus, MTV "Unplugged" was born (somehow going back in time) and Howard was cheated out of billions once again for his idea

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Former Human posted:

One of Howard's best lines about Gary's appearance was "your mouth looks like a racist cartoon."

lol

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Zoben posted:

No offense to you personally, but I really hate the "writing a note" meme at this point. With that said, I can't believe how many surprising deaths I've seen reported in this thread before seeing them on actual news sources.

Also, that really sucks :(

I'm not against the "writing a note" thing when it relates to the show, but yeah, Taylor dying totally loving blows.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Howard is going to die one day,, and the first thing people in thread will hear about it is from someone posting "I was just going to send myself a note Robin".

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
It's going to be a real end of an era when Howard dies. Hell, it'll be the end of an era when pretty much anyone that ever makes appearances on a show dies. I can't imagine a show without Robin, or Gary, or even Ronnie.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

at this point whenever Howard dies I will mostly just miss this thread and all ur posts

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

wait what?

i learn everyone who dies from this thread

50 years old, goddamn

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

YeahTubaMike posted:

It's going to be a real end of an era when Howard dies. Hell, it'll be the end of an era when pretty much anyone that ever makes appearances on a show dies. I can't imagine a show without Robin, or Gary, or even Ronnie.

Who do you honestly think will be first?

I'm guessing Ronnie or Robin.

I also think the show will end before any of that happens.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Considering Ben and Rae are still kicking, I imagine Howard still has a few decades in him. In terms of staff members (past and present), I think it will be Robin first, considering all of her health issues. Jackie or Ronnie would probably be next. Artie will outlive them all, and us, and the remaining Foo Fighters.

DeadBonesBrook fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Mar 27, 2022

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Who do you honestly think will be first?

I'm guessing Ronnie or Robin.

I also think the show will end before any of that happens.

I think it'll be either Robin because of her health issues or Fred because I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be hiding some dire illness that no one knows about until after he's dead.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

YeahTubaMike posted:

I think it'll be either Robin because of her health issues or Fred because I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be hiding some dire illness that no one knows about until after he's dead.

That is a super fair assessment, but I would still side with Ronnie. He is the oldest of the bunch and has many hard years. It is definitely to his advantage that he stayed part of the show because if he became anonymous I feel like he would age out and right away like the ending of "The Last Crusade".

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I know this makes me sound like a pussy but I will be legit sad when one of the "main crew" dies. I haven't listened live for many years but this show has kept me going through some really hard times in the past.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

beep by grandpa posted:

at this point whenever Howard dies I will mostly just miss this thread and all ur posts

The thread can definitely outlive Howard. :)

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

kylej posted:

I know this makes me sound like a pussy but I will be legit sad when one of the "main crew" dies. I haven't listened live for many years but this show has kept me going through some really hard times in the past.

(cough)likesboys(cough)

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

100 grraaaaaannndddd

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Robin's TAINT I LOVE

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Is the show on vacation? I figure he'd be talking about this Oscar poo poo for hours.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Bonzo posted:

Is the show on vacation? I figure he'd be talking about this Oscar poo poo for hours.

They were talking about it this morning for a little while.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Bonzo posted:

Yeah they spoke for awhile like you thought. He compared Will Smith to Trump.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I thought the show was always on loving vacation?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

kylej posted:

Having emotions is normal among pussies and non-pussies alike. Don't be ashamed. I actually took a day off work when one of my favorite baseball players died & spent most of the first game without him crying in front of my TV.

That said, I don't know if I'm attached enough to the main (or even secondary, tbh) crew to have such a reaction to one of their deaths. Of course, I can't be 100% sure until it happens. Goodness knows I didn't expect to react that way to a baseball player, no matter how much I liked him.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

Having emotions is normal among pussies and non-pussies alike. Don't be ashamed. I actually took a day off work when one of my favorite baseball players died & spent most of the first game without him crying in front of my TV.

That said, I don't know if I'm attached enough to the main (or even secondary, tbh) crew to have such a reaction to one of their deaths. Of course, I can't be 100% sure until it happens. Goodness knows I didn't expect to react that way to a baseball player, no matter how much I liked him.

Thanks for saying that. The fact that showing emotion makes someone a pussy is such a bummer. I'll be seriously sad when any of the main cast dies. Even though the show has been absolute trash for years and years, it's still a huge part of me and I'll miss them.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
I’ll miss them too. Back then it was about the wrestling.

I’ll miss Terry Funk and Dory Funk and Hoss Funk...

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Two Kings posted:

I’ll miss them too. Back then it was about the wrestling.

I’ll miss Terry Funk and Dory Funk and Hoss Funk...

Hillbilly Jim, he was a man of the people.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo69OCYKgLk

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Chris Rock getting slapped in front of the world made me remember the Booey pitch. I guess one of the only people who had a worse pitch was Chris Rock, but he got his lawyers to scrub it from the internet, which you could do back then much easier than now. If only Gary had that power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLIyT8HExY

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Chris Rock getting slapped in front of the world made me remember the Booey pitch. I guess one of the only people who had a worse pitch was Chris Rock, but he got his lawyers to scrub it from the internet, which you could do back then much easier than now. If only Gary had that power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLIyT8HExY

Don't forget he went on Kimmel like 6 months later to promote his book and whiffed three pitches there too.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
And the errant pitch hit a woman in the audience who has since died (not bad pitch related).

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Not that I don't believe you, but where did you find this information?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
They mention it on the show every time they talk about the pitch (which is every year or two). I don't know if there is any evidence, but I think it was Kimmel himself that found it out.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lifespan posted:

died (not bad pitch related).

but who can with certainty actually say this tbh

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yankee fan died, so what

This pitch or did he have another lovely one? This is pretty run of the mill 'meh' on the real scheme of things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opk-Ul2AbWY

The netting behind the plate wouldn't have let anyone get hit by that as far as I can tell, unless it was a different throw.

Now, The 50 Cent pitch is legendarily bad, I could throw it with my rear end in a top hat and have a better result

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
it was an audience member of the jimmy kimmel show