Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I've been playing Venti a lot since Shenhes banner, because his energy restoration on absorption goes well with her cryo team gimmick.

I never really use his hold skill though. I mostly just tap it to active the ATK bonus for Windblume Ode and then fire his burst while the particles are still in the air. His burst is only cost 60 and he automatically restores 15, so it's pretty trivial to just have it up all the time even without a lot of ER.
Not requiring a lot of field time goes well with Shenhes quills too, since it allows other characters more time to burn through theirs.

Zwiebel fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Mar 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

im pretty interested to see how anemo shakes out after sumeru since you can't spread it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Judging by the geo situation, that will be a bigger problem for dendro than anemo.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Mar 29, 2022

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Watch them make an obnoxious, heavy, anemo immune enemy that negates resistance debuffs while on the field.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i just want a hydro resonance change already, even if its just something like changing the healing buff to HP buff like I've seen some people wishing for

Kale
May 14, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

This is wholly a me issue but I loving hate the “I’m just a frail young boy” aesthetic exemplified by Venti.

To be fair, I hate it with female characters too.

I love anime but I hate “this 11 year old boy is a genius/savior” just as much as “this character is 5000 years old but they look 12.”

You probably wouldn't like Seele Vollerei much either if she ever gets implemented in the Genshin verse then. Its my least favorite character type trope too, thought I'll admit I grimace far more when its a vulnerable young boy type character that uses Boku as a pronoun.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the hydro resonance not giving kokomi damage is incredibly dumb. they could have have more hydro characters that scaled with healing power and done something with it rather than "it does nothing lol."

Zwiebel posted:

Watch them make an obnoxious, heavy, anemo immune enemy that negates resistance debuffs while on the field.

bosses with a self infusion are already basically immune to anemo interactions without being immune to the actual damage type (so you can still use xiao.)

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I know we will have to wait and see a bit to really know, but what's the general temperature on Ayato?

I hard passed on Childe every time (like many people apparently, according to those sales stats above) and I wasn't a fan of Kokomi's design or niche (maybe at my own expense, but oh well)

Ayato looks like he could fit great into Raiden National and fully free up my Xingqui to remain shackled to Hutao forever, but I am not very good at reading character potential or meta stuff.

What other comps would he fit naturally into? It's a bit annoying that all of my strong left clickers end up actually being charge attack(Hutao, Itto) or burst (raiden) focused, so I'm not sure who is even going to make great use on the normal attack boost other than Ayato himself or maybe Eula. I doubt Razor is very relevant these days.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Thematically, I like throwing Qiqi into my Zhongli+Raiden+Albedo team as healer because they are all different flavors of long-lived magic people grappling with the inexorable force of time grinding away the world they once knew. Immortal PTSD is solid gameplay-wise, but I'd be equally interested in hypothetical support conversations, Fire Emblem style. I imagine the points where their opinions diverge would make for fascinating conflict.

Qiqi and Zhongli are both relatively chill, but Zhongli has made peace with entropy and Qiqi... probably has not. Her ferocious drive to preserve herself and the stuff she cares about is what keeps her from turning into a regular zombie. We see a lot of parallels with Raiden and Qiqi, but our extremely haunted robit friend is more invested in the world around her. Albedo likes messing around, but he also sees himself as a ticking time bomb the world might be better off without... and there's certainly some precedent when we look at other gods that start to age into senescence unleashing various calamities.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ayato will definitely not be replacing Xingqiu in anything. His kit is weird you can think of him as hydro yoimiya but not as good at single target. Very strange character, if you have any doubts do wait before rolling.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
Yeah I’m still trying to figure out where Ayato fits and I like his animations. Feels like he should be an AoE style XQ. On the other hand Kokomi is already well known as to what she does best but I’m not really into her design.

Ugh should I be rolling for Style or Function.

I might blow my 50/50 on Kokomi which I’m only a few rolls away. Got a few days to decide anyways.

All of the events right now are going away on the next patch right?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Mang Tomas posted:

I might blow my 50/50 on Kokomi which I’m only a few rolls away. Got a few days to decide anyways.

All of the events right now are going away on the next patch right?
I, uh, have bad news about what day the patch is and what day the banners change over.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
I really should get around to using some of this fragile resin I've been hoarding since I started playing lol

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Not too hyped for Ayato since he turned out to be a Hu Tao style self-infuser, but his burst looks interesting. Particularly the part where he can passively generate up to half its cost. Maybe he'll fit well into a freeze team if it's not too hard to burst on cooldown.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm mostly interested because I can take him to 91/187 on-set which is substantially above my average. (only 64/148 when you remove black sword and ascension stat but that's still above the curve for me)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Lmao ayato on very next 10 roll after keqing spook

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Ok, his E is pretty satisfying. And the cooldown's really short.

Wooh, won 50/50 and even got 2 Yun Jin constellations!

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Lost 50/50 to Qiqi. Got Ayato on my next 10. Ascend him to 80. Spend the standard wishes I got from his ascensions. Get a Qiqi on my first pull on the standard.

gently caress you and your c4 Qiqi

AugustusLove
Mar 27, 2010
Got my next Qiqi in 30 rolls and only got Venti after more than 80 rolls. Guess my luck finally ran out.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

ok, leakers in CN are confirming the yelan leak is legit as well as some details about kuki, so I'm gonna share em here (but spoiler em for people who want to wait til we have visual evidence):

kuki shinobu:

she's confirmed to be a healer and her healing scales with EM, it seems like her E skill is like hu tao's HP consumption crossed with qiqi's ring, except the heals are a lot stronger; supposedly she can get to a point where she has no downtime, and her C6 is an hp lock (death prevention) like hu tao as well

yelan:

like i said before she seems to be a cross between XQ and Mona, her cons seem to improve her personal damage, so at c0 she's a good hydro applier and damage amplifier while at c6 she can be a hard carry

when she's off field for 5 seconds she obtains a "status", and the next charged attack will have 80% less charged shot time and cause an aoe hydro damage hit that apparently scales off her HP

her E is apparently a dash/sprint, press for a short and hold for a longer one, sprint has a visual effect and enemies collided with during the sprint (either hold or press) have a 34% chance to automatically give her the "status" without needing to be off-field.

her Q is apparently similar to XQs in that she summons a thing to attack alongside you but the damage also correlates to her HP. stated to have a 70 energy cost.

First talent gives her scaling max HP based on how many different elements are on the field, second talent says when Q is up the on-field character gets a damage buff that starts at 1% but every second increases by 3.5% and caps at 50

c1 gives E another charge, c2 gives her Q an extra hit with its own separate modifier, c4 seems to let her E apply some kind of mark or debuff to hit enemies, and her C6 says whenever her Q is active her normal attacks are treated as if the aoe hydro damage hit from the "status" and counts as charged attack for damage, but only does this for the first 6 attacks or ends automatically after 20s have passed.

there's a lot of gaps still and obviously we're gonna need to see damage numbers and how she operates in practice, considering units like thoma seemed really good on paper but kinda clunky on execution, but if it's true like CN people are saying she might end up being an interesting unit to have access to later

Mix. fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Mar 30, 2022

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

EM scaling is a cruel fate to give a character

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

people are thinking it's going to be a big thing for dendro which is why its been coming up more :v:

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
Lols guess this is what I get for having a break. Good luck to everyone pulling. Don’t forget to leave some first impressions for Ayato.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

76 fates got me an Ayato on 50/50, four Sucrose, a Bennet, a Stringless and a Rust :toot: would have been a great session if I didn't have a C6 Sucrose already and three 5* bows, but at least I have a ton of primos left for Yelan or Shinobu.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
So what is the new arti set(s) good for?

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 30, 2022

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

BabyRyoga posted:

So what is the new arti set(s) good for?

The HP condition one is really only for Xiao at this point, and is a marginal improvement (assuming you have perfect substats on some mix of 18% atk/anemo 2 piece set, so ymmv)

The other one looks like it's for Ayato and possibly Yoimiya, but it'll take a few days/weeks for the math nerds to playtest it. I think on paper the leaks said Ayato could work just as well with 4 piece HoD or Glad.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, drat I've gotta start looking at leaks more often, Ayato actually owns and is fun to play as it turns out. He's on the Inazuma list along with Kokomi and Ayaka once I have Kazuha and don't have to worry about overspending anymore.

Standard Wishes: (10) Rust R5, Stringless R5 [Finally] (20) Fischl C7 (30) The Flute R2 (40) Bennet C7 (50) Barbara C6 Lion's Roar R6

Maxed out Barbara and both those bows. Would've been nice to have a R5 Rust almost two years ago when I was still using Fischl as a physical DPS and struggling to figure the game out but oh well, I guess this is fine! I'm not bitter!

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I'll wait for more impressions and analysis but Ayato feels great in the trial. I love that they made his special stance normal attacks auto-fire rapidly when you hold left click.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

burned 80 wishes from a near-fresh pity to get my guaranteed Ayato, sadly only 2 Yuns compared to the pile of Sucroses. also figured what the heck and broke my soft pity with a couple singles on the weapon banner for Ayato's sword.

guess i'm farming husks this patch lol

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I got my first gorou....0 yunjin in 90 pulls

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

So Ayato trip report: he's very fun but his single target damage is pretty poor. I would not pull him for power level or to replace an existing unit. This was using a level 78 Ayato w/ 89/170 crit talent levels 2/8/8. Yunjin boosts him a lot but is a little weird to use. Bennett, naturally, is amazing and Ayato's 18 second burst snapshots.

EDIT: new code for 60 primos, no idea why: MS7C3SV8DMZH

No Wave fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Mar 30, 2022

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
So, pulling ritual story. I like to go somewhere high up and wait for sunrise. First, I tried Guyun Stone Forest, where you can barely see the outlines of the Inuzuma islands. It worked for Ayaka, but was apparently too boring for her older brother. Instead, I got C2 Keqing. Wonderful. Energy regen for a character with a 40 cost burst. And apparently it's also bugged?

Rationally, I told myself I should save for C2 Ayaka or Yelan. But we all know what kind of game this is, so I decided to drop a few more 10-rolls for Sucrose/Yun Jin constellations and relocated to the Kamisato Estate. I then discovered that their gazebo doesn't face directly east, but is tilted a little off to the side, so that if you stand on the east-facing seat the rising sun is blocked by a conveniently placed house banner and you don't get blinded while trying to eat your cereal. Must be nice to be able to afford that kind of architecture.

Anyway, I admired the view for a while and then did a few 10-rolls. I did manage to get C6 Yun Jin, but no Ayato. I was about to give up, but I realized that Ayato probably isn't the kind of guy who comes home for dinner with his family every night. He's going to tell Ayaka he has to do overtime at the office and then spend the night carousing with Itto.

I switched to the suspicious little sister and went to the dango milk stall. One last 10-pull. BAM, gold star. Hello, onii-sama. Working hard, I see.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Meh either I get Mona on my 50/50 or I keep wishing. One way or another I'm getting another hydro character.

Is Sucrose at all worth building when she's c0 with no EM artifacts? She will never have more than 1 off-set EM artifact. She can get in line behind Kazuha and Sayu for those EM VV that I've given up looking for.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

:eng99: yae "fix" went live with 2.6. no changes were made. it's functionally a massive nerf because her turrets now basically deal zero damage to enemies with shields while the shields still exist, her electro application with the turrets is diminished severely (since it being random actually meant that she could spread it among multiple enemies pretty decently, even with rng), and she has a lot less mob control now. literally don't know what the point of making a change in beta like this is if they disregard the overwhelmingly negative feedback given on it and push it live anyway.

people who chased her C2 are livid as hell because it effectively zeros out the point of having that con, too. next survey that allows you to fill in info is gonna be "interesting"

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Thanks for the code!

I only had 60 pulls saved up with zero pity, got Diluc c1 like 20 in. Thought I'd had it, but Venti came home in my last lot of 10! I don't know how powerful he is these days, but I've been wanting to collect all the archons for a while now and it annoyed me that I'd missed him twice before.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Why does Ayatos illusion explosion grant Namisen stacks (with his first passive) when Namisen ends automatically after his infusion is over and both illusion and infusion last 6 seconds?

I feel like I'm missing something.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Zwiebel posted:

Why does Ayatos illusion explosion grant Namisen stacks (with his first passive) when Namisen ends automatically after his infusion is over and both illusion and infusion last 6 seconds?

I feel like I'm missing something.

It's a proximity bomb. It explodes as soon as an enemy comes in range, or instantly if you use it on top of them. Which you pretty much always will... after all, Ayato is a melee attacker, and if you're close enough to actually hit baddies with your sword you're close enough to hit them with the illusion bomb.

Makes me wonder why he has a stack mechanic in the first place if he instantly gets max stacks just for being vaguely near an enemy when he presses E.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Mar 30, 2022

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

It's a proximity bomb.

Ah, thank you. I missed that during the trial.
You're right, it's kind of a pointless mechanic.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
And you thought osmanthus wine was bad...

*SLURRRRRRP*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
His skill was reworked during the beta and that talent was only slightly altered in response, if I remember right. It could be worse, though.