Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
gently caress yeah mirabel got her door!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Soonmot posted:

gently caress yeah mirabel got her door!

The Disney corporate synergy we need.

For real, though, Stephanie Beatriz as Ghost Rider would be awesome as hell, so that's how I know it won't happen.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

There’s a woman Ghost Rider now? I really can’t keep up with comics.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

FlamingLiberal posted:

There are multiple female Ghost Riders. There are at least 16 different versions of Ghost Rider - including periods where Hulk, The Punisher, and Spiderman were the Ghost Rider.

When you are running weekly stories for 40 years, you are going to end up hitting nearly every possible plot point sooner or later.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

FlamingLiberal posted:

There was a woman Ghost Rider (Alejandra Jones, no relation to Johnny Blaze) for nine issues in 2011-2012. She then disappeared for several years before getting killed off in 2019's Absolute Carnage crossover. So pretty easy to miss!

Also what LT2012 said, technically there have been a ton of Ghost Riders, many of them female, since two of the biggest moves of modern comics is either revealing "this name has been used by heroes for a million years, part of a rich legacy dating back to the dawn of man!" or "what if a million alternate universe [heroes] were forced to team up and/or fight?"

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 29, 2022

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Edge & Christian posted:

There was a woman Ghost Rider (Alejandra Jones, no relation to Johnny Blaze) for nine issues in 2011-2012. She then disappeared for several years before getting killed off in 2019's Absolute Carnage crossover. So pretty easy to miss!

Also what LT2012 said, technically there have been a ton of Ghost Riders, many of them female, since two of the biggest moves of modern comics is either revealing "this name has been used by heroes for a million years, part of a rich legacy dating back to the dawn of man!" or "what if a million alternate universe [heroes] were forced to team up and/or fight?"

Man, I thought the 16 I remembered was pretty close to the actual answer, but it looks like there have been 71 canonical different Ghost Riders.

Plus 31, joke/non-canonical/spinoff versions of Ghost Rider.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

This is the final promo for Moon Knight.

I don't get it.

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1508881681813585926

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I don't get it.

It's Steven Grant's pet fish.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I don't get it.

Gotta keep building that Pet Avengers roster

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Final trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktD8JWqRoEc

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Necrothatcher posted:

It's Steven Grant's pet fish.

Since you've seen the first 4 episodes, do you know what the deal is with some reviewers saying Moon Knight is great, but episode 4 ruins it and another group of reviewers saying those people are crazy?

Is there some potentially controversial decision in episode 4 or is it just Internet people being Internet people.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

FlamingLiberal posted:

I wouldn't really have doubted there'd been one or more female Ghost Riders for brief periods in the past, even if I didn't know any of them specifically due to my very slight knowledge of the character; but Jenna Blaze was just me genderbending the name Johnny Blaze to fit what Marvel could do to have a female lead Ghost Rider in the MCU while still technically using Johnny Blaze. Or at least, using his story and the essence of him as a character.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Since you've seen the first 4 episodes, do you know what the deal is with some reviewers saying Moon Knight is great, but episode 4 ruins it and another group of reviewers saying those people are crazy?

Is there some potentially controversial decision in episode 4 or is it just Internet people being Internet people.

it goes a bit Legion

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Internet people. There is something in episode 4 that would be pretty nuts/frustrating (but not outside of the realm of being in a Moon Knight comic) if it was the ending but it's obviously a predicament Moon Knight has to get out of.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I wish Moon Knight the best as he deals with his predicament.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Necrothatcher posted:

it goes a bit Legion

Well this just has me more hyped cause that show ruled

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Necrothatcher posted:

it goes a bit Legion

He's a rapist?

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

mutata posted:

I wish Moon Knight the best as he deals with his predicament.

Great fiction mirrors our lives. Much like Moon Knight we all deal with predicaments.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Goddam only a night's sleep until Moon Knight drops. It's been way too long since I had MCU content, I'm feeling starved

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I don't remember, which midnight does this stuff drop? GMT? EDT? PDT?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Midnight PDT, so 3am EDT and 8am BST

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Rarity posted:

Midnight PDT, so 3am EDT and 8am BST

I have to go to work at like 4 AM central, so I'll either miss this or get or even earlier to catch it.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Apparently D+ has retroactively censored some of the violence out of Falcon and the Winter Soldier, specifically stuff like when Bucky pins a woman to a crate by throwing a pole through her shoulder, now it just bounces off.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Can't imagine that's gonna improve the legibility of those fight scenes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's up and I am already very disturbed

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

That cupcake van has a mean streak a mile wide.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
F. Murray Abraham rules and i’m glad he’s a part of this.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

I don't get it.

I don't get it either, but I don't like that fish's chances.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This is very funny and silly. I imagine it’s all downhill from confused British Oscar Isaac stumbling around scared out of his mind though

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I enjoyed that quite a lock. It did a great job of balancing the normal MCU tone with also being really darn creepy. You can't really go wrong with pointing a camera at Oscar Isaac and letting him act.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Rarity posted:

I enjoyed that quite a lock. It did a great job of balancing the normal MCU tone with also being really darn creepy. You can't really go wrong with pointing a camera at Oscar Isaac and letting him act.

The physical comedy of him trying to twist his arm around to give Ethan Hawke the scarab was really good. This shadowy organization has more operatives than Hydra, though! They're everywhere!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
At this point I think Marvel hired goons just split their hours between Hydra/AIM/the Ten Rings/Dreykov/Kingpin/Ethan Hawke. There's probably an app for it.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

I dunno, it makes sense that the big shadowy egyptian cult would have some assets in one of the world's most notable museums.

Also, that ending bit with actual Moon Knight just feeding that jackal mummy the floor while it frantically tries to escape was excellent.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Rarity posted:

At this point I think Marvel hired goons just split their hours between Hydra/AIM/the Ten Rings/Dreykov/Kingpin/Ethan Hawke. There's probably an app for it.

"WeGoon; when you need a goon, we have the man for you."

They were gonna call it WebGoon, but then Spiderman got involved and he has a really good lawyer.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Donna is the best new Marvel villain in years.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Too unrealistic. I prefer my villains to be more grounded, like Thanos

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

God I love that sad scene at the steakhouse. Easily top 5 performance moment in the entire MCU.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
First ep of Moon Knight was just :wtf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I really wanted to like that first episode, but there was too much holding it back for me. Quips at inappropriate times and overbearing use of music are the main offenders, as per usual. I also really don't like that the disembodied voices are used for comedy. :( Oscar Isaac did an incredible job, of course, and I think the overall story construction did a good job of setting up Steven Grant's utter confusion.