Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Yeah, some most bosses just won't negotiate or listen. It sucks but walking is your best option in my experience. With anyone who's managing like this even if you can convince them to make necessary changes they'll be immediately rolled back the second it becomes inconvenient for them. I had people telling me it was my job to teach them how to set up proper SOPs, etc. That may be partially true, but as the owner and/or manager, it's their job to actually listen to your input and make sure that it's implemented effectively and followed through on. A lot of times these types of managers do not understand production and manufacturing on a small or large scale at all and never learn because even if you explain in simple terms why you need more lead time, more hands, better materials, etc. they won't so anything because they keep demanding product, and product keeps coming out, so why spend more money or admit they don't know anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

A Festivus Miracle posted:

Don't put in your two weeks and say "but wait, there's more" unless you have another offer lined up and you're willing to compete. It sounds like your boss has them conservative brain worms and is gonna ride "nobody wants to work anymore" to bankruptcy. Why would you try to negotiate with that?

It's not really a negotiation so much as a standing ultimatum. And if they've got terminal brainworms well they know the rules and so off you go.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Our work just issued guidance about what to do if we're approached by disgruntled customers in the lobbies of our buildings. But no plans on disgruntling fewer of our customers.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Aramoro posted:

Our work just issued guidance about what to do if we're approached by disgruntled customers in the lobbies of our buildings. But no plans on disgruntling fewer of our customers.

Are they at least supplying you with disgruntled customer pacification gear or do you need to bring your own sock full of pennies?

naem
May 29, 2011

you should gruntle those customers

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

naem posted:

At the very least you should point them in the direction of the people who gave you those instructions.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Non Krampus Mentis posted:

“you’re noticeably harder on your black employees than you are on the white ones”.

That's not an issue, that's a lawsuit waiting to happen and the business should probably die due to this anyhow

It also sounds like you are doing the job of at least two other people without getting paid for it. It's your market currently, you have the skills. I'd look for something else

Jack-Off Lantern fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Mar 30, 2022

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

naem posted:

You need to en-gruntle them

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

presumably they were gruntled beforehand so perhaps it's a case of regruntling

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

naem posted:

I work in the gambling industry so it's surprisingly hard, mostly they get disgruntled because they get cut off.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I wish my work would engruntle me.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Suck my grundle you workman

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

The loving chef who keeps getting aggro because I don't always say good morning to him first because maybe I didn't see him because he was in the back on my way in or maybe he had his earphones in can suck my loving left one! I don't work in the kitchen, dipshit! Quit with your hierarchy poo poo with me! I'm the head brewer and I don't loving answer to you! Just say good morning to me like a normal person and I'll respond!

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Mar 30, 2022

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Start getting mad at him if he doesn't say good morning first

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Escape From Noise posted:

The loving chef who keeps getting aggro because I don't always say good morning to him first because maybe I didn't see him because he was in the back on my way in or maybe he had his earphones in can suck my loving left one! I don't work in the kitchen, dipshit! Quit with your hierarchy poo poo with me! I'm the head brewer and I don't loving answer to you! Just say good morning to me like a normal person and I'll respond!

Fill the fryer with beer when he's not looking. It'll be funny and perfectly safe as a prank, and it'll get the fryer cleaned!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Send him a letter on company headed paper offering him formal greetings for the future.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Replace his heart pills with vitamins.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Hunt him down every morning, pull him away from whatever he's doing, and take up at least five minutes of his time saying good morning. Also mess with his poo poo while doing it.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Cthulu Carl posted:

Hunt him down every morning, pull him away from whatever he's doing, and take up at least five minutes of his time saying good morning. Also mess with his poo poo while doing it.

Dull his knives when he isn't looking. Just saw away on a steel counter. Really turn the edge so it's weakened from work hardening and he can't just hone the rolled edge back.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Well that escalated alarmingly

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Splicer posted:

Start getting mad at him if he doesn't say good morning first

This and complain to HR about him creating a hostile workplace environment before he can.

And gently caress with his knives I guess.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Wire a pipe bomb to the ignition of his car, as a prank!!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

shank him with a broken bottle, every morning

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Stab and dismember him with his own knives and seal his corpse in one of your vats and gift the chef corpse beer to his family to serve at the funeral.

As a jape!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Geeze. I guess I'm now part of a murder plot.

Edit: I don't think he has a car. Pretty sure he takes the train.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Greet him every Monday with a hug and a little kiss.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Trains have cars.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

goatface posted:

Also flowers. Maybe start with one, then after a few months work up to a full bouquet.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

goatface posted:

Just a quick peck.
Nothing creepy.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Atopian posted:

Just a quick peck.
Nothing creepy.

Linger till it is.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I'd love to read a goon sourced Human resources and office conduct policy.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Gift him a copy of Kitchen Confidential with a note “thought you might like this!”

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Even better! Greet him on the platform on his way home, and give him an enthusiastic pat on the back that just coincidentally happens to be timed with his train arriving while he's standing right next to the tracks.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Sounds like some folks didn't get the grunting message

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous

If he wears gloves, just open the box and rub your left one on every glove individually.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Dress up as his wife as a pleasant surprise

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Just keep gifting him lovely "beginners" and "made easy" cookbooks. Really emphasize you think he could learn something from them.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
"It must be nice to have all your mistakes just go away at the end of the day. Some of us have to think ahead."

no_tears
Dec 20, 2020

Bing Bong

Machai posted:

Just keep gifting him lovely "beginners" and "made easy" cookbooks. Really emphasize you think he could learn something from them.

That’s honestly an amazing idea for any goofball in your life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Outrail posted:

I'd love to read a goon sourced Human resources and office conduct policy.

I think would just boil down to "be as passive aggressive as possible until it is time for irl griefing".