Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Saul Goode posted:

What the hell happened to the Trevor Dame guy? He used to have some good takes but the latest stuff is WTF with a capital WTF.

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1509073205008367618

Queerphobia in it's many permutations is a hell of a thing. Hell look at Graham Linehan throwing literally everything in his life away (including his family) because he just couldn't stop belching transphobia every waking hour of the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Love to compare people becoming okay with gay and trans people to actual convicted paedophiles.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That's such a hateful comparison. It's easy to be cynical about tweets like this, but you can compare Buff's old managed tweets to this and it is night and day. The tweets aren't particularly well written and are very heavy handed, like a guy who is eager to please, which Buff has always been. He's not out there writing 20 tweet threads about why we need Medicare For All. These sound pretty much like what Buff would write.

Trevor was a huge David Starr fan and it wouldn't surprise me if he's extra cynical and doesn't want to get fooled again, so he has to be too smart for the room.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

that tweet is not The Stuff

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Imagine not wanting this content

https://twitter.com/WrestlingRennet/status/1509195062835621893

BUTCHER CHEESE DREAMS

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Andy Butcher is one of my favorite humans

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Elephant Ambush posted:

Andy Butcher is one of my favorite humans

I like the way Andy Butcher feels to say and write out. It's like saying John Halo or Sans Undertale.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

STONE COLD 64 posted:

that tweet is not The Stuff

And I can, in fact, get enough.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/SattaLaFleur/status/1509207615972253706

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

for example...

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
How do these people watch Bryan Danielson literally say "I wanna form of a club of guys who enjoy hurting people" and think "Man what a babyface turn"

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Jon Moxley took food off his table.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Seth was right to attack the Fiend with the big novelty hammer

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Drakkel posted:

How do these people watch Bryan Danielson literally say "I wanna form of a club of guys who enjoy hurting people" and think "Man what a babyface turn"

people have a hard time dealing with the concept that you can enjoy watching a heel wrestle and look forward to their promos and matches. even some people on here have been like that, saying that someone gets too much of a pop to be heel

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

The same people who would have gone on about how Asskicker Triple H is The Game and now insist that you Acknowledge the Tribal Chief The Needle Mover God Mode Roman Head of the Table Reigns

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Imagine looking at Varsity Blonds and thinking Beepie is the breakout star of the group

flatluigi posted:

people have a hard time dealing with the concept that you can enjoy watching a heel wrestle and look forward to their promos and matches. even some people on here have been like that, saying that someone gets too much of a pop to be heel

Nah Bryan's pretty clearly back to being a face, it's just his character hasn't really changed cause the only reason he was ever a heel was he was pitted against Hangman

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Rarity posted:

Nah Bryan's pretty clearly back to being a face, it's just his character hasn't really changed cause the only reason he was ever a heel was he was pitted against Hangman

Pretty sure he's still coming out of the heel tunnel though!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tyler Black was right to snitch out Austin Aries to Jim Cornette, I guess.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Saucer Crab posted:

Pretty sure he's still coming out of the heel tunnel though!

Bryan is heel in the same way Mox is face.

They are. But they really aren't.

but they totally are.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

This is the good stuff. Less hackneyed “AEW is…bad, actually 😈” posts; more beautiful galaxy brain thoughts

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Might as well credit the guy for admitting he was wrong.

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1509292274932338696

I will laugh at the idea of woke Iron Sheik tweets for weeks though.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Mox and Bryan are tweeners, easily

soon enough they'll be faces, but they're definitely not working heel compared to, say, the JAS

in conclusion, Bryan should come out from the Codyvator

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Venomous posted:

Mox and Bryan are tweeners, easily

soon enough they'll be faces, but they're definitely not working heel compared to, say, the JAS

in conclusion, Bryan should come out from the Codyvator

Codyvator is gone.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Bryan's character has been consistent since the beginning. He loves violence. He didn't come here to help people he came here to hurt people. And he's friends with other people who love violence. And he'll teach younger people if they too wish to worship at the alter of violence

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm really looking forward to what I hope is an inevitable feud between Punk and Bryan, because the last time that happened it was dumb love triangle bullshit over AJ.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/MissKatefabe/status/1509344497217552384

Please...don't air 60% of the women's segments too close together on the two-hour show I watch the entirety of every single week...it makes it bad somehow

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

They split the women's segments into the TBS title block and then the debut/world title block. Don't really see what the problem is with that!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Weren't there two segments for Jade and Marina in the first hour of the show?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Weren't there two segments for Jade and Marina in the first hour of the show?

yes

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
There was also an FTR segment in the dreaded Women's Block

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/MissKatefabe/status/1509344497217552384

Please...don't air 60% of the women's segments too close together on the two-hour show I watch the entirety of every single week...it makes it bad somehow

I do wish they'd move the women's match out of the pre main event slot from time to time. It feels like that spot in the show lets people cool down before the main and sometimes the crowd doesn't seem as into the matches because of it.

Maybe there's some actual reason for doing it but I dunno. Seems weird to pretty consistently have the women's match there each week.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Ganso Bomb posted:

I do wish they'd move the women's match out of the pre main event slot from time to time. It feels like that spot in the show lets people cool down before the main and sometimes the crowd doesn't seem as into the matches because of it.

Maybe there's some actual reason for doing it but I dunno. Seems weird to pretty consistently have the women's match there each week.

The women's match used to be sandwiched in between the four men's matches, so they do move it about.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I don't think there's anything inherently cool-downish about the pre-main event match. I think you could make a lot of valid criticisms about the presentation of the women's division that might be creating the feeling the matches are being "relegated" to a completely unremarkable spot in a two-hour program, but I can't see how it's the actual time slot itself. (Especially because if you care enough to notice and complain about this, you are absolutely watching the entire show!)

That's all a separate conversation than "The segments are airing too close together," which is 100% something you have to trick yourself into thinking is bad

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I dunno, I'm sick so maybe my brain isn't at its full capacity. In my head, if you're in the arena and you know there's one match and then the main event, you might take that time to go to the bathroom or get food or just chill a bit until the big match happens. Maybe it's less a mindset in AEW since almost every match is a cool fun match. My head feels like a balloon.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its just more "no not that way" goalpost shifting.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The tweeter should also count how many men's segments happened back to back, I bet they'll find a pattern

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
https://twitter.com/WWEGareth/status/1509241233943797768

So AEW has let Marko Stunt's contract expire and the Gareth Squad have concluded this is the exact same thing is WWE firing 100 people during the worst of the pandemic, and also that AEW is definitely dying and going out of business because they "can't afford Marko Stunt"

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1509366908117790729

bix pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Furiously scribbling away on a whiteboard doing punch trajectory categorizations