Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

OSHA: nothing too gnarly (hand caught in meat grinder)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

A little blood, nothing too gnarly, just a dude up to the shoulder in a meatgrinder with his slimy, dead gray-brown fingers sticking out the other end.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

In the last picture, he doesn't have the fingers anymore.

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009

Please somebody help me to understand this, I can't get my head around it and it's giving me an uncanny valley feeling

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Ror posted:

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Owlkill posted:

Please somebody help me to understand this, I can't get my head around it and it's giving me an uncanny valley feeling

It's an optical illusion. The bucket looks like it could be stowed, but it's actually extended from under the bridge with the boom hidden behind the bucket.

This makes the bucket look too big/clear compared to where you think it is since it's the focus, not the rest of the machine.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Owlkill posted:

It’s like that but angled perfectly to disguise the Boom. It makes you think you’re looking at an MC Escher painting.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Owlkill posted:

When you finally figure it out, you'll thrust out your arm and yell "boom!"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Holy poo poo. If you liked "helicopter buzzsaw" you're going to love the newest trend: helicopter flamethrower.

https://twitter.com/CALFIRE_PIO/status/1508847963115868163?t=YFYEielCXGif4DvId-wCkQ&s=19

:stare:I thought the Vietnam war is over!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i never sausage a finger

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

B-Rock452 posted:

When making sausage meets OSHA

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbucmUDuqfY/?utm_medium=copy_link

First pic has a little blood but nothing too gnarly (hand caught in meat grinder), rest of the photos are definitely not safe for work. Seriously don't scroll unless you have a pretty strong stomach.

whelp

learned a new word today:

Disarticulation: n. The amputation of a limb through a joint, without the cutting of bone.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

By popular demand posted:

Notice the difference in language, forest vs jungle.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

GWBBQ posted:

In the last picture, he doesn't have the fingers anymore.

and it's the least disturbing photo in the bunch!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

GD_American posted:

And then a TFR goon literally mimicked this, but with a shotgun.

Got a link?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Jonny Nox posted:

whelp

learned a new word today:

Disarticulation: n. The amputation of a limb through a joint, without the cutting of bone.

So the limb is amputated…without the cutting of a bone?
So like that scene from Terminator 2?

Or is that just degloving?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

By popular demand posted:

War never changes

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

It's an optical illusion. The bucket looks like it could be stowed, but it's actually extended from under the bridge with the boom hidden behind the bucket.

This makes the bucket look too big/clear compared to where you think it is since it's the focus, not the rest of the machine.

Son of a

I thought it was just fuckery.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Ror posted:

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Ror posted:

Absolutely!

Also, the first SFW pic has a bit of dark humor with the "No Hands" sign.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

So the limb is amputated…without the cutting of a bone?
So like that scene from Terminator 2?

Or is that just degloving?

Basically the tendons muscles skin and nerves that hold two bones together are severed and the bones just... Separate.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

oi fucker, scratch me!

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

DoctorWhat posted:

Basically the tendons muscles skin and nerves that hold two bones together are severed and the bones just... Separate.

Like breaking down a whole chicken

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

DoctorWhat posted:

It's like when you pull a chicken wing apart at the joint without cracking any of the chicken bones.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Hey, no spoilers

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Owlkill posted:

here op

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I don't remember this Sims expansion.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

DoctorWhat posted:

Ahh now i get it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Owlkill posted:

If you still haven't sorted it out, it's a boom lift and the arm is obscured by the basket thanks to the photographer's perspective.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Mr. Nice! posted:

If you still haven't sorted it out, it's a boom lift and the arm is obscured by the basket thanks to the photographer's perspective.

But that other guy is actually sheltering from the rain under that suspended traffic cone.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

haha yeah Lode Runner was sick

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/Liveuamap/status/1509253049440739332?t=wUZDEZZWdVisYoZXNbbCig&s=19

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Weird that they picked the blind guy to be the cameraman.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Whalebro just wanted a high five & dude left him hanging :smith:

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

that's Singapore for you, they like to mess with your mind.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Holy poo poo. If you liked "helicopter buzzsaw" you're going to love the newest trend: helicopter flamethrower.

https://twitter.com/CALFIRE_PIO/status/1508847963115868163?t=YFYEielCXGif4DvId-wCkQ&s=19

I know the local forestry plantation does something similar as part of their bushfire strategy, but their helicopter-mounted device releases little incendiaries that explode on impact. This version actually seems safer.

Fake edit: phew, I was misremembering and it wasn't quite as crazy, I'm stealing the text from another website but this was what I was thinking of, it's apparently a totally normal thing that's been around since the 60s

quote:

Incendiary Balls, Capsules. This one drops ping pong type balls or capsules that have a powder in them and as they leave the ignition machine that is installed in the helicopter they are injected with glycol which causes a reaction and ignites the ball 30-60 seconds after leaving the helicopter.

Bonus that I came across while double-checking, some info and photos on aerial fire ignition methods from the 60s and onwards: https://victoriasforestryheritage.org.au/activities1/fire/fire-aviation/348-aerial-ignition.html

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

quote:

Incendiary Balls, Capsules. This one drops ping pong type balls or capsules that have a powder in them and as they leave the ignition machine that is installed in the helicopter they are injected with glycol which causes a reaction and ignites the ball 30-60 seconds after leaving the helicopter.

So pool chlorine and brake fluid. Nice.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
You can shoot those out of special paintball guns too

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Real "You're probably wondering how I got here" feel to it.