Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://mangadex.org/chapter/4c2fa5a6-d459-40f7-a6f9-b75ecfd9a5b5/1 chapter 4 of kiichi vs. kiichi returns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I made the mistake of starting Hibiki before bed last night and ended up reading until like 3am. It's very compelling while being utterly ridiculous. I'm a massive sucker for manga about creative careers though, no matter how unrealistic.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

volume 15 of The Fable scanlated into english

good setup volume. RIP boss. pretty sweet kill method. I kind of hope the mushroom hitman gets away, his consummate professionalism and attention to detail are admirable. conversely, I'll be mildly disappointed if we don't see someone take a luger bullet to the face before this arc is over.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I cant get enough of The Fable.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Jerkface posted:

I cant get enough of The Fable.

good. here is another volume https://mangadex.org/title/5209fe10-4a14-403f-8837-2ccf8cced253/the-fable

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010
Youko has become too powerful, this fuckin owns

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

gently caress yes. I love all the little touches, like the goofy faces everyone makes. Youko's ugly laughing face. All the coen bros esque shenanigans.

this poo poo kills me

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Apr 1, 2022

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
It's so good. The expressions really make it. Might finally choose an avatar with a fable face...maybe Ebihara.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Shuumatsu no Valkyrie

Chapter 59

Chapter 60

Chapter 61

Oh no. Ying Zheng has already used up two flashbacks and Hades hasn't even had one. Even worse, his big mom has already showed up to cheer him on.

There's a higher quality April fools scan of 61 too.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Apr 17, 2022

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Hypocrisy posted:

Shuumatsu no Valkyrie

Oh no. Ying Zheng has already used up two flashbacks and Hades hasn't even had one. Even worse, his big mom has already showed up to cheer him on.

There's a higher quality April fools scan of 61 too.

look, he's gonna win in Kingdom so he has to lose here

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
OUT just got like 5 new chapters released over the last couple of days gently caress yes!!!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh poo poo, apparently Queen in the Iron Mask has a final volume that was never translated and not included in the official english release, that is pretty much all side stories and stuff.

someone has begun translating them, and the first chapter of it is adorable, with child olavie and vivian's foundation of their friendship forming
https://mangadex.org/chapter/0770f66c-b5b9-480f-b819-74365352d3dd/1

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Out is getting updates again since a new volume dropped and the most recent chapter has an explainer at the end why they wait on the volumes to translate and lol holy poo poo the difference is insane

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Jose posted:

Out is getting updates again since a new volume dropped and the most recent chapter has an explainer at the end why they wait on the volumes to translate and lol holy poo poo the difference is insane

I love this manga so much

Loktar is kinda an rear end but they do great work

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

interested in Out, but the early volumes don’t seem to be up on mangadex in english. can someone give me a link to the aforementioned (or tell me which scan group did them)?

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

found the early vols of Out on Kakalot. so far it’s a pretty by-the-numbers youth gang delinquent tale, but the characters are all pretty likeable so I’m in

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

okay by chapter 33 I’m invested in out. manga has fukumoto-esque ruminations on masculinity and freedom but also, good art

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It's way, way more violent than your standard delinquent manga

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Yeah it gets pretty loving rough

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I just got to the wartime yakiniku party and yall aint kidding

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

this park arc in out just went on and on

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

MizuZero posted:

this park arc in out just went on and on

Oh man you ain't seen nothing yet. The latest arc has been going on for... I want to say at least 7 volumes so far? It's good and I like it, but the pace does feel extremely glacial.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
More Fable is rolling in, gather 'round, girls

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

final verdict on Out: It’s an entertaining read (and definitely ultra-violent) but the plot progresses way too glacially for me to recommend it over similar titles. For me a large part of the appeal of delinquent manga is watching them horse around together in peacetime, and as the series got mired in the park and the junkyard that fun element has been predominantly subsumed by endless backstory. The fights are sick and this one seemingly upcoming seems like it’ll be one of the sickest, so I remain “in.”

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

MizuZero posted:

final verdict on Out: It’s an entertaining read (and definitely ultra-violent) but the plot progresses way too glacially for me to recommend it over similar titles. For me a large part of the appeal of delinquent manga is watching them horse around together in peacetime, and as the series got mired in the park and the junkyard that fun element has been predominantly subsumed by endless backstory. The fights are sick and this one seemingly upcoming seems like it’ll be one of the sickest, so I remain “in.”

Yeah I definitely like it but the MC at this point has become almost irrelevant to the greater story arc that had been building up which kinda leaves me lost as to where everything is going.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MizuZero posted:

A new named secondary character is given some task, gangs up with some extras and charges
(A detailed dive into that secondary guy's life consumes the next 3 chapters)
They get ambushed by a couple of dudes
-He strong! Who is that guy!!!???
(A detailed dive into that dude's life consumes the next 3 chapters)
-No, not that one, the other dude.
(A detailed d...

The author is extremely interested in the background and motivations of the characters but that's also the worst part of the manga (as they are all basic delinquent caricatures) so nope, it's not recommendable at all.

That Works posted:

Yeah I definitely like it but the MC at this point has become almost irrelevant to the greater story arc that had been building up which kinda leaves me lost as to where everything is going.

Honestly? I don't think the author knows where is it going and is just spinning the wheels while he figures it out.

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013
The whole based on a true story aspect of it was the most interesting part of it for me, and by the Kyoranki arc that's all faded into the background in favour of ridiculous melodrama. At least as far as I've gotten, I'm not sure there's a single major gang that hasn't been led by a psychotic torturer!

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Crows and Holyland still my favorite fighting delinquent series.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Bouncer is wild

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Jo Joestar posted:

The whole based on a true story aspect of it was the most interesting part of it for me, and by the Kyoranki arc that's all faded into the background in favour of ridiculous melodrama. At least as far as I've gotten, I'm not sure there's a single major gang that hasn't been led by a psychotic torturer!

Out points out time and time again that you've got to be a little crazy to be a deliquent/bosozoku member, so I'm not surprised that most of the leaders are incredibly hosed up dudes.

verbal enema posted:

Bouncer is wild

I couldn't stop laughing the first time I saw ARMS DIGNITY

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

verbal enema posted:

Bouncer is wild

Lol

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

verbal enema posted:

Bouncer is wild

Do they fight by having Leg Days give Arm Days a piggyback ride?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
That is their ultimate, unbeatable technique.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Legs guys shirt says

A DROP OF FEET

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

verbal enema posted:

Bouncer is wild

Galo Sengen looking assholes

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
if yall want some stuff a little similar to OUT, BOUNCER is by the same dude and follows deliquents who join a security force for protecting night clubs.

Of course tons of other poo poo happens. It is also violent as hell just like OUT

its p good and the translations are really well done

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't have any idea what is going on in ragna crimson now.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Me either. Everyone in this battle has changed forms so many times I can't remember who's who after a couple of months.

Though most of the dragon squad didn't have memorable personalities to begin with.

Is that one white dragon left on the ground Artemisia?

Sindai fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 19, 2022

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
After several million deaths 1 of the countless high level dragons in the world is actually about to die. At this rate humanity will only be extinct 50 times over by the time the rest fall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mulva posted:

After several million deaths 1 of the countless high level dragons in the world is actually about to die. At this rate humanity will only be extinct 50 times over by the time the rest fall.

Only what? 5 more kings to go at this point. :eng101: Humanity is just fine it's not like the other kings are as dangerous as Artemesia.