Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Konami: Buy we gave you those rewards, and you just want to throw them away?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Gems getting capped at 9999 from gifts is also incredibly annoying - if you purchase then it'll overflow but anything from dailies goes into 30-day storage.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Haven't played rank since the last reset (mostly just did the XYZ and N/R stuff) and holy poo poo even in gold no one is prepared for "This bird just hits you 6 times if I go second and I win". I'm like at a 90% winrate and am just flying up these ranks.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Made an Ancient Warriors deck and jumped into the N/R festival

here's how my night went:

- Disconnect
- Megalith deck with 500 hour long turns that beat me effortlessly on turn 6
- Turn 1 surrender
- What I can only assume was a bot that stalled for the full eight minutes hoping I'd surrender (I did not)
- That same bot again

I basically have yet to actually play this loving deck

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://ygorganization.com/master-duel-modifications-on-the-daily-rewards/

Good changes.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Oh good I don’t need to try winning two duel with my rogue deck anymore. I :byodame:

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Slight nerf to total gems per month but you can at least choose 3 easy quests to do per day.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Slight nerf to total gems per month but you can at least choose 3 easy quests to do per day.

Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not sure how this is fewer gems per month? 7 quests got 10-30 gem bumps in rewards while 2 got 10 gem nerfs. So you're looking at a consistent 120 gems/day instead of a variable 50-130 gems/day

On average you should be getting a lot more gems per month, especially because you couldn't always force the highest gem reward dailies before due to how much their conditions overlapped with low reward ones.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Zore posted:

Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not sure how this is fewer gems per month? 7 quests got 10-30 gem bumps in rewards while 2 got 10 gem nerfs. So you're looking at a consistent 120 gems/day instead of a variable 50-130 gems/day

On average you should be getting a lot more gems per month, especially because you couldn't always force the highest gem reward dailies before due to how much their conditions overlapped with low reward ones.

I think the assumption is you're constantly rerolling your lowest paying missions to get higher paying ones?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

serefin99 posted:

I think the assumption is you're constantly rerolling your lowest paying missions to get higher paying ones?

You can reroll missions? I know you can kind of force things by deliberately not completing some missions (ie never do solo duels so those stay on your mission list and force the higher reward ones to also show up) but it seems impossible to completely force only the highest reward missions now because both of the 50 reward ones have lower tier versions you are forced to complete to get them. And some of the other missions are almost impossible not to complete unless you're disconnect fishing for hours so you're looking at a minimum pool of 5 per day of which only 3 missions are the ones you'd actually want which means a guarantee of the 150 days every other day at most.

At least that was my understanding.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Zore posted:

You can reroll missions? I know you can kind of force things by deliberately not completing some missions (ie never do solo duels so those stay on your mission list and force the higher reward ones to also show up) but it seems impossible to completely force only the highest reward missions now because both of the 50 reward ones have lower tier versions you are forced to complete to get them. And some of the other missions are almost impossible not to complete unless you're disconnect fishing for hours so you're looking at a minimum pool of 5 per day of which only 3 missions are the ones you'd actually want which means a guarantee of the 150 days every other day at most.

At least that was my understanding.

Ahhhh, I remembered seeing an exploit for the dailies, but I forgot exactly what it was. I'm not actually playing Master Duel, so pretty much all my information about it comes second hand. Sorry.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

no your dailies can pile up (up to when youve accumulated them all) and then you only complete the high paying ones so the next day they reappear because you dont get duplicates of missions you already have.
thus the daily 50+50+30+5

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

You can't reroll, but:
- you will never get a mission you already have
- you get 3 missions every day even if you already have missions (until you have 1 of every mission)
- completing missions is optional
So if you just never claim the 10/20 gem missions until the last day of the month then soon you'll just be getting the remaining missions (two 50s and a 30) every day.

You should be able to use the same trick under the new system to make sure you get 3 easy missions every day.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
https://twitter.com/YuGiOh_OCG_INFO/status/1509546075522158592?t=ggbCqnnfaeQQwT1RIzIdjw&s=19

Mokey mokey support!!!

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

YES!! YES!!!!! :sickos:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Why the gently caress does this highlander Lightsworn loaner deck have a Darkwurm in it and no Supreme King Gates? What actual loving baboon built this?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

quote:

POTE-JP030 Hagure Mokemoke / Stray Mokey Mokey
Fairy/Effect, LIGHT, Level 1, ATK 300, DEF 100
(1) While on the field or in the GY, this card is treated as a Normal Monster, also its name becomes “Mokey Mokey”.
(2) You can discard this card; add 1 “Mokey Mokey” card from your Deck to your hand, except “Stray Mokey Mokey”.
I feel like you could almost make something of this. Non-OPT means with one Stray and three garnets, you've got room for some real shenanigans.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Imagine if King was level 5 instead of 6.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

girl dick energy posted:

I feel like you could almost make something of this. Non-OPT means with one Stray and three garnets, you've got room for some real shenanigans.

Weenie normals is almost a deck idea with cards like Law of the Normal, league of uniform nomenclature and human wave tactics.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Weenie normals is almost a deck idea with cards like Law of the Normal, league of uniform nomenclature and human wave tactics.
You just need a way to get Stray back into your hand repeatedly so you can keep discarding it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

To what end?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dabir posted:

To what end?
Going +2? I'm sure there are all sorts of uses you can find for having 3 Mokey Mokey in your hand.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The advantage you get depends how you're recycling it. And I'm genuinely struggling to think of what you could usefully do with three Mokey Mokey in hand.

Like, you want three normal fairies? I got a one card combo for you, it's called Venus and it slaps its balls on the table where you can do something with them

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

But... Mokey Mokey... :(

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Things you can do by recycling stray Mokey Mokey that you can't just do by discarding ojamagic:

- Go -3 by using Polymerization to make a King
- No wait hang on uh

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dabir posted:

Things you can do by recycling stray Mokey Mokey that you can't just do by discarding ojamagic:

- Go -3 by using Polymerization to make a King
- No wait hang on uh
I chortled.

- Get three continuous spell Mokey Mokey Smackdown in hand, then go -3 to make a Hamon

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Mokey Mokey needs a full support wave and not just a one-off like this.

Give Mokey Mokey it's own Shaddoll Fusion you cowards.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Give old bad poo poo good modern support that actually resolves deck issues or don't even bother wasting pack space with 1 off bullshit.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Charles Bukowski posted:

Give old bad poo poo good modern support that actually resolves deck issues or don't even bother wasting pack space with 1 off bullshit.
It's the nature of TCGs that there need to be pack filler commons that don't really matter. Some of them being goofy nonsense is fine.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I'm just wondering how long it'll take for the rest of Rata's April Fools video last year to be true. If you aksed me to guess which part had a chance after 'banning all Tuners', I wouldn't have expected 'Mokey-Mokey support'.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

girl dick energy posted:

It's the nature of TCGs that there need to be pack filler commons that don't really matter. Some of them being goofy nonsense is fine.

It could be a actually good bone for an old fan favourite rather than sonic chick wild turkey etc

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Charles Bukowski posted:

It could be a actually good bone for an old fan favourite rather than sonic chick wild turkey etc
Making a ten card archetype takes an order of magnitude more effort and development time than ten random unconnected cards. And if they're going to put archetype-level efforts into cards, it's going to go into the money cards. Some of the Commons need to be things they can just throw in wherever they fit, in whatever sets they need more pack filler in. It's basically a 100% chance that they've had Stray Mokey Mokey on the backburner for a while, and this is just the set where they've finally got a spot for it.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I appreciate you taking the time to reply to me, but the business reasons as to why businesses do things that aren't good for their customers isn't ever going to be an acceptable reason. They ain't ever going to make Evolzors good :(

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Charles Bukowski posted:

I appreciate you taking the time to reply to me, but the business reasons as to why businesses do things that aren't good for their customers isn't ever going to be an acceptable reason. They ain't ever going to make Evolzors good :(

I guess the question here is, do you want them to try to make the old cards good, or would you be okay with a newer subtheme that's good? They could easily pull an Infernoble Knights with Evolzaurs, they just don't really have the incentive. But on the other hand...Infernoble Knights are basically a completely different deck, and I kinda feel like doing that defeats the purpose?

For me, I'd rather they put their energy into making the pack filler cards good. I like legacy support like the new Mokey Mokey card, but a lot of the packfiller commons are just worthless, they don't do anything at all except waste player time and money.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Charles Bukowski posted:

I'd avoided asking which specific old school archetype you were hoping they'd buff because I didn't want to be snide, but I kind of figured there was going to be one. (Konami does plenty of legacy/nostalgia support, maybe even too much. If someone's saying they want more, they almost always actually mean that they want one specific archetype to get more.)

King of Solomon posted:

For me, I'd rather they put their energy into making the pack filler cards good. I like legacy support like the new Mokey Mokey card, but a lot of the packfiller commons are just worthless, they don't do anything at all except waste player time and money.
I want to live in a world where Konami finds a way to tweak their design paradigms in a way that makes sealed/draft playable. Then we'd start getting more weird-cool commons like my boy Reversible Beetle. I love this card in no small part because it almost seems like a card that escaped from an alternate universe where it's a workhorse draft common.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Apr 2, 2022

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Still waiting for an Evol Wyrm Xyz that ranks up from the Dragons to continue the themes of evolution.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It searches any Mokey Mokey card so it at least makes any future busted support card a lot better.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What Mokey Mokeys need is for Smackdown to activate even if there's no Mokey Mokeys on field, so King blowing up and summoning the normals gets you a trio of 3ks. I mean, that still wouldn't have been good even in 2004, but

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

If the Mokeys get their own Fusion Destiny there might be some link climbing potential there? Dump the Mokeys in GY to summon King, get 3+ bodies when it's removed from the field. The King's effect is "when this card is removed from the field" instead of "if", though, so you can't just link off the King to summon the Mokeys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

girl dick energy posted:

I'd avoided asking which specific old school archetype you were hoping they'd buff because I didn't want to be snide, but I kind of figured there was going to be one. (Konami does plenty of legacy/nostalgia support, maybe even too much. If someone's saying they want more, they almost always actually mean that they want one specific archetype to get more.)

I want to live in a world where Konami finds a way to tweak their design paradigms in a way that makes sealed/draft playable. Then we'd start getting more weird-cool commons like my boy Reversible Beetle. I love this card in no small part because it almost seems like a card that escaped from an alternate universe where it's a workhorse draft common.

No I don't like Evolzors at all, I was just using them as an example. I think there are just too many cards that will never seen much play again unless they get support to make them worth getting interested in.

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Apr 2, 2022